Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Master

Doing it all wrong

Do you ever feel like you are doing everything wrong?

You know, you try to embrace the lessons but actually you are getting it wrong.

You try to engage with your chakras but you are really miles off

You engage in difficult action which you truly believe is an act of love and yet you are bombarded with a whole host of reasons why you are wrong?

you watch energies and you engage with your life lessons with a degree of protection and yet you are missing the point and you just think - arrrghh.

Where do you go - apart from to hit the gin bottle
Old 30-03-2013, 06:41 PM
VesicaPhoenix11

Talking

I don't know if this will help at all - but when I'm feeling similar I usually take it it one of two ways.

One, is whatever it is I think I should be doing, is obviously wrong and I sit as still as possible as quietly as possible (both literally and metaphorically) and I listen within and without for guidance.

I try to get out of my own way.

Two, take it as a message of humility and a reminder that however much I think I "know" - I really don't know - and then I laugh at myself for taking myself too seriously and try again with a lighter heart.

If neither of these work - I throw my hands up and find a bottle of vino and hope that by the time I am sober it'll have worked itself out. ;) Some times I think I just rub the Universe's hair the wrong way.

Be well!
Old 30-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Master

Quote:
If neither of these work - I throw my hands up and find a bottle of vino and hope that by the time I am sober it'll have worked itself out. ;) Some times I think I just rub the Universe's hair the wrong way.

Oh the vino flows!

Thanks ... it's the knowing thing vs the doing and I don't seem to be able to do ---grrrrr
Old 30-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Master

This is a me too lately. I am working on the aspect that I have the power to heal myself and so have been doing a lot of energy healing and learning how to allow my body to connect to my inner source to heal myself.

I broke out in shingles...

What???

Where, in the shingles handbook, does it say, shingles are so easy, it is like taking a break from life. Shingles are miserable, they itch and things no one else wants to know about so I won't share, but really?

I have had a lot of time on my hands, being miserable in my Shingleness of life this past week. And the only conclusion I can think of that makes any sense to why I got shingles (other than the answer that I needed a break - which I didn't feel that I did?) was that I am now definately connected in an intimate way to how my body feels. I am relieved that I don't have spiders crawling under my skin (not kidding, that's what I thought because that's what it felt like) and when I found out it was shingles, I was SO RELIEVED it wasn't life threatening or anything of that nature.

I am now out of most of the misery of it and am realizing that I was taking my good health for granted, and telling my body that I needed to be healed, instead of asking my body what it needed. I am connecting to my body in a way I didn't last week, and I am more thankful than I have ever been for my good health. I hope never to take my well being for granted again.

I am going to treat my body better than I had been before.

so, there's my 2 cents. When we try really hard, things usually go awry. When I trust the universe to bring things that I want into my experience, and just let it go and allow, then that happens.

so now I know how they both feel - different aspects of the same thing. I can try to do things my way, or I can let go and just allow that the Universe is bringing to me things that I want and go and do something fun instead.

I think I'll choose fun instead next time....
Old 30-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Master

Yeah, it just feels like a road too steep, a step too far. I know what I SHOULD be doing --- but how do you do the major U-Turn(s) in your life.

Sorry about your shingles, that's meant to be agony.
Old 30-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Do you ever feel like you are doing everything wrong?

You know, you try to embrace the lessons but actually you are getting it wrong.

You try to engage with your chakras but you are really miles off

You engage in difficult action which you truly believe is an act of love and yet you are bombarded with a whole host of reasons why you are wrong?

you watch energies and you engage with your life lessons with a degree of protection and yet you are missing the point and you just think - arrrghh.

Where do you go - apart from to hit the gin bottle

There Is No "Right" or "Wrong" way. No more self judgements.
Old 30-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Master

There are no wrongs.. we are human!
We learn from all events somehow and I completely understand

Doing V What I should do..
Ultimately I reach for a bar of chocolate!
Old 30-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Master

I disagree. You can be wrong.

I'm trying, for example, to connect with the heart. The more I try, the more my mind works.

And that is wrong.
Old 30-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Ivy

Absolutely Belle...but it is living in honesty and working on life/the journey...whatever you want to call it.

For me...it helps to write a thread about whatever issue is presenting itself (it doesn't mean you have to take on all that is written).
Old 30-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Master

I try not to be too hard on myself.. my heart went a while back.. its still not back.. I cannot force it until its ready..

Its how we look at things I guess.. even if we make mistakes,somehow we learn from it even if its a tough one!

Personally I have stopped trying too hard.. but thats me and I thats what feels right for me..