Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 24-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Master
When does consciousness enter the fetus ?

I'm wondering when a man and woman come together to create a life, when does the consciousness of someone enter the fetus ?

Is it at conception ? I read somewhere that after 7 weeks, consciousness enters the fetus.

In religious circles it seems to be acknowledged that life begins at conception.

I'm wanting to hear some thoughts
thanks
LAO
Old 24-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Master
Everything is pure Consciousness, but self conscious doesn't really begin until the baby is born and conditioned and programmed by the outside world, this self is who the baby and when grown up believes he or she is. But always behind this Vail is their true Essence, Consciousness.
Old 24-03-2013, 10:45 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
I'm wondering when a man and woman come together to create a life, when does the consciousness of someone enter the fetus ?

Is it at conception ? I read somewhere that after 7 weeks, consciousness enters the fetus.

In religious circles it seems to be acknowledged that life begins at conception.

thanks
LAO

Conception. But since you posted this in the science section, the heartbeat can be detected at only five weeks, and brain wave activity around seven to eight weeks. Recently the State of Arkansas past a Heart Beat law making it illegal to perform an abortion after the heart beat is detected at five weeks.

Since you mentioned religion, I believe that life begins at conception. I don't think even many in the science community argue against that either. The main argument doesn't stem from whether cells are living or not, but as you mentioned whether consciousness can be detected. Since brain wave activity and heart beats, which are thought to source consciousness can be detected, it is reasonable to believe that the baby is conscious.

Even if the baby was not conscious it is immoral from a religious perspective to murder a comatose or sleeping person. So again, the argument whether the life of the unborn is conscious is made null.

I noticed that you refer to the unborn as a fetus - that's the first major step in denying any rights to the unborn baby. Arkansas Heart Beat Law
Old 24-03-2013, 11:32 PM
missrachel300

I have read that the soul enters a child at birth.
I don't have any direct knowledge of this tho....

I believe the soul exists outside of human experience, before and after human birth/death.
Old 24-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Experiencer

Iv read that its from conception but does not stay, it comes and goes until between walking and speaking its permanent. Some cases there is exchange past toddler age upto 5ish.
Old 24-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Quote:

thanks
LAO

when they "fall" for each other the consciousness/spiritual is chosen.....when the whoop it up.....the vehicle is created.
Old 25-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Juanita

Cat

Spirit enters the fetus when it wants to, but usually around the 4th month...even then it may come and go for awhile....it def. does not enter at conception.....
Old 25-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Guide
If by consciousness, you mean some sort of self-awareness, then I would reckon it begins as soon as the brain begins to develop and the neural pathways begin to grow. Then an experience can be had. This is of course speculation... But individual cells, too, have some sort of awareness. My question would be, when or how do the masses of cells and DNA amino acids create a self aware being? How does the microscopic give way to a macroscopic existence? It's all quite fascinating to think about.

Life itself may begin at conception but I don't think the experiential process begins immediately as the egg meets the sperm. Some development needs to happen.
Old 25-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:

thanks
LAO

What I have read is that the fertilized egg is adopted by a soul. From that moment the soul "takes care of" it but has not yet descended. Descend into the body can be as late as days after birth. The soul may decide to not use the body after all (perhaps because circumstances have changed). I think this might explain crib deaths.
Old 25-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Master
Well from a Scientific point of view, the child has a heartbeat by the 5th week or so. That is a Month. And the fetus can feel things even if it is on the level of a small animal.

The spirit-entity doesn't enter at a "time" since spirit is above time and space. It is just there. The Spirit may even be hovering around the Parents until they copulate. But from what I have read scientifically and spiritually the conclusion is that the spirit enters around:

Conception.

But self-consciousness comes later. But the fetus is still an entity. Would you consider your grandfather who is in a coma to be dead or his spirit is somewhere else? Would you consider people who are unconscious from a hit to the head to be dead or not alive in their body? No. The spirit, the soul is there. The conscious mind has not developed yet.

I know that may offend a lot of pro-choice people but the body and soul are a united expression of the entity. They are one and reflect one another. Incarnation is always misunderstood to suggest that our bodies are nothing but automobiles or clothing. I would say that the "False self" the programmed self that Psycholice said is the "learned self". It is false because it is limited to the human ego. But the human body is a precious and sacred and exalted form of Life and Consciousness.

I don't like the fact that many people who call themselves "spiritual" think abortion is okay. I think if you are Pro-Life you need to be against abortion, death penalty, war, and euthanasia. Spirituality is Life, not death.