Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Bluegreen

Is karma possible in an eternal now?

It has been suggested that linear time is a construct that applies only to physical life on planet earth and that in reality, that is beyond the veil, past, present and future are one.

If all lives are lived simultaneously, which is suggested by the above, is it then possible to generate karma and, if so, how, and how does it get balanced?

Is reincarnation perhaps a construct like linear time?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Ascender

Quote:
If all lives are lived simultaneously, which is suggested by the above, is it then possible to generate karma

Depends on what you mean by generate, but I'd say yes.

Quote:
and, if so, how, and how does it get balanced?

I would think it gets balanced through the process.

Quote:
Is reincarnation perhaps a construct like linear time?

That's a possibility, too. Perhaps reincarnation was one approach to introducing the concept of oneness in multiplicity: different people, different time (as in, when one expression of existence has momentarily passed within the construct of linear time, it returns in another form within the construct of linear time), one time, different people who are all one.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Karma means action. Samskaras is habits that are carried over from past lives. We don't generate karma in that way and yes even karma is a construct that's why when people become enlightened there's no more karma
Old 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Quagmire

As far as I understand from my interactions with Karma then it is not anything that we generate, it is something we choose. You can call it a guideline to keep us on our chosen path, so when we fulfill our path then Karma dissolves.

For time: the more I get acquainted with it the more it seems like all that exist is the present. The things we call past and future seems very fluid and changeable in every direction. The thing is when you either (re)experience the past or the future you experience it from a present point of view.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru.Anandini.Devotee
Karma means action. Samskaras is habits that are carried over from past lives. We don't generate karma in that way and yes even karma is a construct that's why when people become enlightened there's no more karma

Where there is action, there is reaction. That is how I see karma which can be good or bad.

You say that "we don't generate karma in that way." Can you explain "that way."

What is your definition of enlightened people?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
As far as I understand from my interactions with Karma then it is not anything that we generate, it is something we choose. You can call it a guideline to keep us on our chosen path, so when we fulfill our path then Karma dissolves.

For time: the more I get acquainted with it the more it seems like all that exist is the present. The things we call past and future seems very fluid and changeable in every direction. The thing is when you either (re)experience the past or the future you experience it from a present point of view.

When you say that we "choose" karma, do you mean that we do so by the choices we make? And how is it a guideline?

As for time, Seth (Jane Roberts) agrees with you and says that both past and future can be changed.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
When you say that we "choose" karma, do you mean that we do so by the choices we make? And how is it a guideline?

As for time, Seth (Jane Roberts) agrees with you and says that both past and future can be changed.

I had a vivid dream where I met an energy flow that introduced herself to me as Karma and she said that all she did was help you stay on the path you chose for yourself, nothing more and nothing less. I have looked into it and it seems very valid. Have yet to find any evidece on my own path that it is not so. When we do something to someone else it is their actions and thoughts and our own actions and thoughts that difine what happens and not Karma. Think some call it cause and effect or/and the law of attraction. If you hit someone and you feel bad about hitting that person then filling your reality with negative thoughts you basically attract a negative flow towards yourself, the same way that if they wish you unwell they direct negativity towards you. At least that is how I understand it.

Yes the past can very much be changed, though for now I have only managed to slightly do so in spirit. The thing I get shown is that if no one any longer remembers a memory and therefore no longer can reflect their thought in it, then that memory cease to exist.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Administrator
Hello

I so feel that time is a man made concept that time and space do not really exist with a structure. The path started with the Samarians that put forth the first foundations of the year. From there the Egyptians picked it up and started down the path to where we are at today.

One has to wonder but the first documented accounts to Ancient Egypt . What they first looked at was the idea of a 24 hour day. This was based on the stars in the night sky and their positions. Night as 12 hours, day was 10 hours and there were 2 hours of twilight the hour before dawn and after sunset.

Just my personal view on it. Now when it comes to working with those that have had a physical life and are not in what we would call the Spirit World there is seemingly no time frame there. I have yet to have one come in and go "omg I have been dead a long long time". I think that things are fluid and free flowing.

The past is the past but if it is true that we can travel into it and I feel that we can on some levels, as I do go back with Ghosts at times to help see what keeps them Earth Bound so I can cross them to Spirit. I go to their past, but I can not change of course their past. I have to feel that the past is the past but the future is a blank page yet to be written upon. That is where many things can change in a heart beat.

We have time to control us to give us structure and schedules to let us know when we are to do things. Do we need it yes, for the function of how our World is set up but many of us do not like it and fight against any schedules.

When it comes to Karma we create much of it in our actions and it does seem to come back in with us to work on and learn from. It might well seem eternal as it might well be connected to the collective consciousness. Til our Soul completes its life path journey and finally finds enlightenment some Karma must come back in with it I feel to work on.

Just how I see, but I well know Karma can carry a bite.....

Lynn
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Karma is lessons, you do choose your karma, like to become strong minded and tolerant we may choose to be born into a family where they will all abandon you, if the sorrow kills us then we will be born again with the same circumstances
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Anandini.Devotee

An enlightened person after learning all those lessons will all of a sudden be transformed after lifetimes of awakening to there own ego and falling back down with more lessons they will eventually become not only awakened to the truth but they will transcend all the 3 worlds and surpass even the highest of the astral spheres. there is still karma in the most heavenly abodes of the astral. It is the causal realm that is free from karma. an enlightened person is beyond pain pleasure and any single attachment. they not only see the unity of all but become everything and nothing. Babaji could manifest his body at will, could be several places at once even as an incarnated soul on earth. him incarnated was a choice, and when he wanted to leave his body he did so finally leaving the shell behind in lotus posture. Enlightened spirits generally don't incarnate anymore. They are even beyond buddhahood they are beyond identity. This is what I know to be the truth from many ascended masters accounts.