Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-10-2010, 12:01 PM
shepherd

Time to end the illusionary war with evil?

We have been conditioned to believe evil exists. So much so that our belief systems filter experiences on Earth to reinforce evil exists.

The belief system will ignore the bigger picture in regards to someones, mental health, upbringing, social conditioning, evolution with labels of evil and cry out for justice for their actions.

The belief system will often mistaken experiences due to inner conflict and blame others as energy vampires, negative, evil, dark etc to keep reinforcing their version of reality which is at war.

Light vs dark, God vs Devil, bad vs good and it goes on and on.

Spiritual warriors are created from this conditioning, determined to win a battle which doesnt exist and convincing and hypnotising others to take up the cause for light to win and with experiences now being reinforced through the power of belief they will tell you how right they are. This also reinforces anxiety through the perspective that the world is a very dangerous place.

Is it now time for this to end? When any type of evil is explored it soon starts to go from dark to grey and very blurry if its evil at all.

Does evil even exist? I can call an act by someone evil but I can't call the person evil without being lazy and not looking at the bigger picture.

Your thoughts welcome and respected on a topic I love exploring.
Old 18-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Ascender
I agree with you that seeming evil is a product of mans human conditioning, and must now be transcended.
I believe that mankind is now awakening to truth, and will manifest a more peaceful way of being by his understanding.

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 18-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Master
I hear ya Shephard and I appreciate your views here.
I just wanted to say that I find humor in you asking others if they think it is time for an illusionary war to end. lol
James
Old 18-10-2010, 12:28 PM
shepherd

Quote:
I hear ya Shephard and I appreciate your views here.
I just wanted to say that I find humor in you asking others if they think it is time for an illusionary war to end. lol

Why is that whiteshaman?

The reason I asked is that a question of curiosity can help people explore within to see if it something they are willing to change or not.
Old 18-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Master
Hi Shepherd :)
Well I am of the understanding that anything can just as easily be uncreated as it was created ... in the mind that is.
When my son (who is now 28yrs old) was just 5 yrs of age he was introduced to scripture lessons at school (state school). To date he had not been introduced to any idea of evil, devils, hellfire and damnation etc. We opted to bring our children up on a farm away from the throng of city life ... we made a conscious decision. Our children were introduced to cause and effect through the miracles of nature (at the risk of sounding flowery lol). Anyway one day he came home from school and while we were poking about in the vegie garden he started to sing this song 'Kill the devil may the best man win... the kingdom of heaven may god let you in' ... At first I truly thought I was hearing him wrongly but no ... that was what he was singing and he was marching up and down the rows of broccolli like an army saergent beating time with a stick and ordering about some imaginary regiment lol I was horrified I can tell you lol I asked him where he had learnt that song and he said ... 'Captain Helen' ... she is the captain of the army against evil and the devil man' well I asked my son whether he would like to visit the library during scripture time and learn about God in his own way or would he rather learn through Captain Helen and he chose his own way lol that was a huge day for my son ... not sure whether that story is of any use to folk however we must be so conscious of how easy it is to condition childrens/our own thinking ... it could mean years of heart wrenching work later on in life to undo the unecessary damage done. I received very little religous instruction during my formative years and I have managed to live without a devil concept ... when I think of the devil I get a caricature of a horny little beast with bad teeth lol ... it is nothing but mythical in my minds eye and in my real time experience

Last edited by sound : 18-10-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 18-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Ladofthelight

Agreed! I believe "good" and "evil" are simply constructs of our 3-dimensional existence here in this realm.

This is the realm where a soul can be reminded of duality, and learn lessons, by my belief. Therefore is there really any "evil"? Just lessons to be learned.

I will say for myself, I do not enjoy doing things that aren't fueled by love. BUT I could, for example, terminate a close friendship, or say something society would call "bad", though I know it is really coming from a loving place.

For example, I am am anarchist. Not because I am very political, been there, done that. I just don't think people need to have an organized government present to mold their lives. When people find out I am an anarchist, they seem suprised that I don't have a molatov cocktail in hand.

To me, we are merely walking around in the "physical" dimension for the experience. I belive the soul to be eternal and immortal, therefore, does "death" really even exist?

Perhaps how it is definied by some in the realm, sure, but our world here is only a very tiny portion of the infinite, as far as I am concerned.

Good question! I will be curious to see contradicting opinions.
Old 18-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Why is that whiteshaman?

The reason I asked is that a question of curiosity can help people explore within to see if it something they are willing to change or not.

Hi Shephard, I was just being funny, implying how can something that doesn't exist end.
Nothing meant by it.
Me, I don't know what is illusionary or not or even what that means.
As a former practicing Shaman, I have seen a lot, a real lot and if it all was a creation of my mind, then I can assure you that the mind of yours is connected with the mind of mine. As if there is one mind, not mine and yours.
Is this so, I don't know but there is something there or there seems to be and it has served me and others well and not so well as your post alludes to.

Illusionary.....I don't know.......no more or less than anything else I quess
Blessings..James
Old 18-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Seeker
Quote:
convincing and hypnotising others to take up the cause for light to win

I'm interested that you say "hypnotising" because I do think that there is psychological coersion/pressure used in spiritual groups who teach belief in entities, protection techniques and energy vampires.
Old 18-10-2010, 01:06 PM
shepherd

@ White Shaman I think I see what you are saying. How can people end something that is illusionary / doesnt exist?

The thing is that they really do believe it does exist and the only thing that could end is the actual belief that evil does exist. It is all in the head and the 8 billion minds on the planet believing their seperate is another thread and discussion. :0)

@ Sound, wow what a story about conditioning, I still have some old conditioning bouncing about from my childhood too and the main feelings it tends to bring out are guilt and fear which can be worked with. I hope your son is able to gather strength from this experience one day and help make him stronger.

@ ladyofthelight - I have to admire your honesty and like you ending a friendship through love is a powerful thing to experience. People looking in may see it as negative but thats just lazy thinking and not being aware of the bigger picture.

@FallingStar. I see that happening too.
Old 18-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
@ White Shaman I think I see what you are saying. How can people end something that is illusionary / doesnt exist?

The thing is that they really do believe it does exist and the only thing that could end is the actual belief that evil does exist. It is all in the head and the 8 billion minds on the planet believing their seperate is another thread and discussion. :0)

@ Sound, wow what a story about conditioning, I still have some old conditioning bouncing about from my childhood too and the main feelings it tends to bring out are guilt and fear which can be worked with. I hope your son is able to gather strength from this experience one day and help make him stronger.

@ ladyofthelight - I have to admire your honesty and like you ending a friendship through love is a powerful thing to experience. People looking in may see it as negative but thats just lazy thinking and not being aware of the bigger picture.

@FallingStar. I see that happening too.

Yes but my larger point was that I have observed that something does exist that is interconnected. Call it mind but it is not mine or yours exclusively. I have seen things with my mind that I could not know about those I was helping.
As I said, it seems as if there is one mind. I wouldn't call it illusionary. It is something from what I have experienced in life and when practicing shamanism.

Last edited by BlueSky : 18-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.