Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 18-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Hirandall

Is it possible to accidentally curse something?.. .

I have OCD thoughts such as"If I do XXX will it get cursed?.. ."(sometimes i accidentally think of someone/me.. . saying yes.. .) type of thoughts sometimes unsettle me,I guess it comes from oriental superstition.. .,like for example when someone say something bad will happen,people call them not to say such things because they think it is bad luck?.. .But now in my case,those thoughts are popping out,so I wonder if thinking about it counts as saying it and sometimes I .. .absent-mindedly say it out.. .Any ideas?.. .Thnks.. .Sometimes I also absent-mindedly nod my head or shake my head,does it affect anything?.. .

I ask on forums about "curses",.. .they say "Thoughts forms can affect astral plane" blabla.. .While not exactly attending to my question.. .

Maybe someone can explain to me how curses,spells work.. .

And I btw I don;t know what "getting cursed" means,its a long story,but for the most time,I just assumed it has something to do with hell,like if I play a particular video game character or something that my intrusive thoughts try to curse it or something,then I afraid is it still ok to do that,plus I am agnostic currently,if abrahamic religions are real then there is no need to worry whether is a particular thing cursed or not,but if other religion like Buddhism is real,which if not mistaken,karma just reincarnate you without anyone interfering then i am not so sure(that is if such curse is possible.. .),as for Gnostic,archons control our afterlife?.. .And I heard the worst place possible....is here right?.. .So I guess I don;t need to worry about that either.. .

Any ideas?.. .
Old 18-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Master
Hi Hirandall.
A few comments. Firstly - what is a curse. Short answer. It's a self-imposed delusion. You have to believe that you have been cursed for it to be effective.
This comes back to the nature of "spells". "Magic" is a feature of Nature. It is the manipulation and channeling of natural Earth energies to produce a desired effect. The key to this is not ritual and spells but rather the Will and Focus of the adept - it is a mental discipline which takes a long time to acquire. If that is so, then your Will and Focus can negate any attempt to influence you. Does that make sense ?
You need to know a few things about Wicca and it's ancient root. First off, it is NOT Devil worship as some would have you believe. There is no devil or hell in the pagan belief. However, there is a belief in Wicca concerning the Three-fold Return - put simply this is the belief that good or bad deeds or thoughts will return to you magnified three-fold. A form of Karma in other words. So anyone trying to curse you will be, themselves, cursed three-fold in return. There is some lore attached to that which I will not set out unless you interested - it concerns the Weaver Goddess who is also known as Fate. This is my simple explanation. The present is determined by the past, your past actions determine your future i.e. you write your own Karma. OK so far ? But why three-fold. Every action you do, every thought you think has an impact on your Mind, Body, and Spirit - so a three-fold impact.

So, there you are ! More than you ever wanted to know about the subject
Old 18-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Hirandall

Thnx a lot for your reply.. .,ok 1st of all I am not a wiccan.. .,I just post here because I don't know where to post this in the forum,because in this subforum,there is thread about removing hexes.. .

So,do you think saying bad things will lead to bad things happening,like for example "I am sure he will falldown and break his leg.. .",saying it out,will it make it manifest by some sort of power of words or some sort of magick?.. .
Do you think superstition works?.. .
I am bit worried about power of thoughts,hopefully its not that strong.. .
So all those magic rituals how do they have power?.. .
Old 18-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Master
The power of thought relies on the absolute Will of the sender. This is where the strength of "magic" comes from.
Imagine saying to someone "Have a nice day !" but now say it again with the full weight of your Will behind it and maintaining a sharp focus to direct towards a special person - the difference will be amazing ! "Spells" of this kind are/were very common. For example, Communion or High Mass is a type of High Ceremonial Magic. Think about Baptism - another ceremonial ritual. Everything is in place - the ritual, the consecrated place, the "special" robes and instruments.
Old 18-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Hirandall

I wonder what is the rituals etc. are for?.. .I read some spells online and some them include reciting words and maybe drawing something I don;t remember,I just can't logically understand how that works.. .unless it only relies on the subconscious mind?.. .As for power of thought,in law of attraction,they say you attract what you think no matter do you have have Will or Intention on it?.. .Or did I missed soemthing?.. .
Old 18-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Master
Rituals create a mindset. Spells produce a certain rthym with a similar effect. The old shaman used a mix of chant and dance. I go directly using meditation. I am a Hedge Strider, seeking guidance from the ancestral spirits. Everyone has their own methods.
Old 18-12-2012, 10:01 PM
glenos

You can stick bad vibes on to something but curse it off-handedly... unlikely, but if you 'worked' at it I dare say it's possible. How long it'll last for(?) depends on the force of intent I guess.

G
Old 19-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Hirandall

stick bad vibes as in?.. .And.. .what kind of things a curse can do and how does it work?.. .
Old 19-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I must have hexed the house on the corner with thoughts of , "How dare he come
Into our neighborhood do some slopjob fixup and think he is going to flip this house."

Yikes, house didn't sell for 2 whole years...poor guy.
So I walked by, held my hands towards it and said to the Powers That Be,
"This house will sell in 2 weeks...I mean I want to see movement! The for sale sign down...
Something! "

It sold in 15 days.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Hirandall

Hmm,I was worried.. .about whether a curse exists or not to some other people because I think a lot about it,then I worried whether law of attraction would make it real or not.. .Then after some time,I was wondering did I try to cursed myself.. .or something like that,but I couldn;t really remember.. .