Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Master
Why Am I Losing Interest In Spiritual Matters ?

Ever since my experience in Consciousness if there is such thing, I seem to have not as much interest in wanting to find out stuff, I love finding out about the universe and all that science have discovered, but anything spiritual doesn’t interest me no more.

I sit for hours trying to think of something to ask on SF, but nothing comes, so I just skip around here and there, probably annoying most lol.

Also I never get bored, I’m always doing something such as art and maybe write a song here and there, I have even written a book that I am still waiting for to be finished.

I think I may be coming an Atheist, I don’t like to label myself but that’s the best way I can describe myself right now.

So is there anyone else who feels the same way as I do ?, and is it wrong to be an Atheist, or like minded ?.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Master
I hear ya.

The thing I find irksome is the entire "that's spiritual" and "that's not spiritual" mindset. Everything is spiritual, it can't not be. So knocking yourself on the head that you're losing interest in spiritual matters is... well it's silly because everything is spiritual. We're spiritual at the very core of us, can't change it because of how we talk or what we read or say.

Soooo.... just keep being you, follow new interests, check in on old ones... and just go be you.

Edit - I shouldn't have used the word silly, I suppose baffling may have been better. I find it baffling that people see a separation between 'spiritual' and 'not spiritual'.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I hear ya.

The thing I find irksome is the entire "that's spiritual" and "that's not spiritual" mindset. Everything is spiritual, it can't not be. So knocking yourself on the head that you're losing interest in spiritual matters is... well it's silly because everything is spiritual. We're spiritual at the very core of us, can't change it because of how we talk or what we read or say.

Soooo.... just keep being you, follow new interests, check in on old ones... and just go be you.

Edit - I shouldn't have used the word silly, I suppose baffling may have been better. I find it baffling that people see a separation between 'spiritual' and 'not spiritual'.
Hi Kaere, I'm glad you pointed that out, that all is spiritual, yes i realize this, so I suppose its more about not really caring about the bolts and nuts of the subject, but to just be, I have experienced this just being, some may call it the Silence, Heaven or whatever.

In this experience of Oneness I felt like I knew all that there is to know about my SELF, or should i say all that i needed to know.

There's a calmness within me that just doesn't care to find out anything else, I'm not really knocking myself on the head over it, its just a thought that came to me, and I was wondering if others feel the same.

Silly ?, I know I'm silly lol, I wouldn't have it any other way, " just keep being you", yes i like that, and i will, thanks Karere.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Henri77

Why sit at the table if you're not hungry? Go out and play instead.

Learning takes many forms, and SF is only one of many resources....

It fills my head with stuff and is a good place to share, but creativity nourishes the soul far better.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
There's a calmness within me that just doesn't care to find out anything else,

many would envy this
Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Buzz

I'm the same but atheism doesn't enter into it. One part of the journey I discovered is that you 'drop' the seeker. The part of the ego that pushes you to find out and always creates distance between the observer and the observed. I haven't read a self help book since it happened about a year back. I also don't get bored. I could walk about all day doing very little and still not feel frustrated. Simply, the part that likes to push you ever onward has left. Apparently, from my own experience it is necessary at some stage of each journey. Congratulations!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Why sit at the table if you're not hungry? Go out and play instead.

Learning takes many forms, and SF is only one of many resources....

It fills my head with stuff and is a good place to share, but creativity nourishes the soul far better.
Hi Henri, yes creativity sure does nourishes the soul, and I'm lucky that i am a creative person in some ares, but something in side of me is starting to question a lot of things about spirituality, and mainly religion of any sorts.

I'm not even game to truly reveal what I think about most spiritual matters these days, as i know there are many that are right where they should be in their so called path, there's a lot of stuff that I use to believe in myself which i do not any longer, but that's me.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I'm the same but atheism doesn't enter into it. One part of the journey I discovered is that you 'drop' the seeker. The part of the ego that pushes you to find out and always creates distance between the observer and the observed. I haven't read a self help book since it happened about a year back. I also don't get bored. I could walk about all day doing very little and still not feel frustrated. Simply, the part that likes to push you ever onward has left. Apparently, from my own experience it is necessary at some stage of each journey. Congratulations!!!!
Hi Buzz, yes i knew you would truly understand where I was coming from, so thanks for your advice.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
so I suppose its more about not really caring about the bolts and nuts of the subject, but to just be, I have experienced this just being, some may call it the Silence, Heaven or whatever.

See then, I feel the same way. Some folks really like to understand the nuts and bolts of something, they want to understand it inside and out, having all that knowledge at their fingertips, and that's great stuff! It really is. But there's some of us (I am one I think) who just... already knows somehow deep in our middles. And hearing or reading someone else explain it is great though cause for one I am not always very eloquent, there are very few who I do not confuse lol.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
See then, I feel the same way. Some folks really like to understand the nuts and bolts of something, they want to understand it inside and out, having all that knowledge at their fingertips, and that's great stuff! It really is. But there's some of us (I am one I think) who just... already knows somehow deep in our middles. And hearing or reading someone else explain it is great though cause for one I am not always very eloquent, there are very few who I do not confuse lol.
Yes I would say that's the reason i still like to hang around here, just to hear others tell their story of development, hey!!, there you are i'm starting to find reasons to be here already lol.