Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Carino

Question Spirit guide vs Higher self

Hey! This question has been eating me up lately, and I have no idea where to turn to for answers...

Are the two, one and the same? Some people call upon a Goddess who they've connected to, a deity or some other spirit. Where does the higher self fit in?

Like, some people who use pendulums for divinitations, call upon a Goddess, while others let their Higher self guide them.

I know this may be confusing - it is to me - but I hope some of you can provide me with insight.

If we can strengthen our bond with our Higher self, then why turn to other spirits?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Toolite

you have lived many times over and over again so yes your soul has information that your mind doesnt automatically process.. so individuals i guess get info from their self.. We all are born from the source God is the only one that can give life and as we stay connected to the source and have matured spiritually we can tap into the source.. we are aware vs being asleep.. so we know Angels we listen attentively.. which im still working on..lol.. and they help guide and protect us as much as we allow.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Guide

You ask a wise question. I think it may be as simple as some souls not being aware that they are, in essence, an extension of a greater all-knowing part of themselves, known as their spirit; their personal connection to that which is termed god, as their origin. Or they may have personal reasons to want guidance from another more palpable being. My two cents.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Master
The higher self can be the guide itself , so when you ask or seek questions
in a sense you are the one answering your own questions because the higher self is you . For the spirit guides they are separate individuals , you are you and they are who they are .
Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension
The higher self can be the guide itself , so when you ask or seek questions
in a sense you are the one answering your own questions because the higher self is you . For the spirit guides they are separate individuals , you are you and they are who they are .

wow, truly inspired! An amazing leap here. That is the goal., isn't it.

Kinda what a guide is and does to if I may say....
Old 05-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Sungirl

Just my opinion here....

The higher self is a part of us. It is part of our soul that is not so connected to the mundane world and is not affected by ego. It also has access to more information than we have down here.

All other entities are something else.

Some guides may be spirits of people we knew, either in this life or past lives. Or they may be the spirits of great people who lived in history,

Animal totems are the essence of a species of animal that carries the wisdom of that species, or it may be a representation of something else.

Deity (gods and goddesses) along with angels (imho) are beings that are much closer to source. They may have lived down here at some point but are now much closer than totems or spirit guides.

Now, this is the interesting bit.... I have worked with what I now call my "guide" for years and years. I met him as my higher self, and if I call that aspect he is who comes... however he has shown himself to me in different guises, one of which looks very much like an angel.

I asked him about this and he told me to drop the labels and just trust him and his love for me.

So although I talk to ascended masters, I have sensed angels, gods and goddesses and I have a black panther that often walks with me, I have decided to let go of labels as much as possible and just trust that their energy is good :)
Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carino
Hey! This question has been eating me up lately, and I have no idea where to turn to for answers...

Are the two, one and the same? Some people call upon a Goddess who they've connected to, a deity or some other spirit. Where does the higher self fit in?

Like, some people who use pendulums for divinitations, call upon a Goddess, while others let their Higher self guide them.

I know this may be confusing - it is to me - but I hope some of you can provide me with insight.

If we can strengthen our bond with our Higher self, then why turn to other spirits?

I'd begin by asking, are you a spiritual being or a physical being. Isn't this how a person sees oneself. Remember to, guides are simply that and of this time I know of no guide that has told or says what's not already known or new.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carino

Higher Self is the connection to those Spirits. It's all about looking behind the mask :-)
Old 06-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Quintessence

For those who do not believe in this concept of "higher self" they are definitely not the same thing.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
For those who do not believe in this concept of "higher self" they are definitely not the same thing.

Being facetious if someone doesn't believe in it, how can they make a judgement call that it isn't something else? The implication that something isn't something is that it is something else

Like I say, just being facetious