Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Seven

Thoughts on LOA and desire.

I feel like I'm pretty familiar with all of this stuff, upon learning about it many years ago it didn't take me long to realize that the very notion of using the law of attraction with intention defeats itself. Sure, most all of these authors doing seminars and books on the subject make valid points but I feel, more often than not, they are creating more frustration than aid, and are using the lore of it's potential to gather followers/money. Although they are being productive in providing truthful info they aren't telling you what you need first before LOA will really work: acceptance.

It needs to be understood that by using LOA with intention you are, from the very start, spoiling the results. You wouldn't be using LOA intentionally unless you had some level of acknowledgment of not having what you desire. The intention itself holds the sponsoring thought of "I don't already have what I'm attracting through LOA". You wouldn't be applying LOA if you already had what you desired and LOA only works under the premise of having and loving what you have. Your very love and gratification for a thing is what brings you more of it, and despite any level of love and gratification for it you will still not receive it or more of it because you are applying LOA with intention. You can mindlessly chant mantras, write notions of your gratification in a notebook, but as you finish doing such things you will still be acting, living, being in a way that is void of the existence of that which you are so gratuitous and love, you can pretend to already be using and living with the things you are "attracting" but on a subconscious level you are sensually not experiencing these things, and all it takes is 1% acknowledgment of it's non existence in your current moment to spawn the reality of it not being there.

Now I know I went a little overboard in explaining this. But I want to make it very clear. LOA does exist, and it is working in your life at every moment, but it is NOT a tool, it is nature. For LOA to work in the sense that people want it to, you need to be completely loving and accepting of all things as they are now; you must stop wanting, you must live without lack. The things you desire are just reflective tools used to acquire emotional states, on a base level. The moment people are taught of LOA and how it can make their wildest dreams come true, and start "attracting" whether it be emotion or material, they are utterly making life much more difficult for themselves, pushing things away from themselves. If you want things, realize why you want them, then upon realizing the sponsoring gratification behind them, you will realize that all you want, on some level of consciousness, is the feeling, and then when you realize that, understand that experiencing feelings don't have requirements..except for 1: OTHER feelings. This is because of the law of relativity, you can't experience what it is to be light without being in the midst of dark.

So: Let go, just be, do as you are being. Accept the ebb and flow of your emotions just as the trees accept the bounty and loss of their fruits and the elements concur with the nature of cause and effect. This is where you will find oneness with your source, this is where your searching and wanting will end and limitless fulfillment and satisfaction exist. On the other hand, if you enjoy the life of searching and acquirement, understand and accept that you do and have fun collecting :)
Old 15-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Nada

LOA and its intentions are also a part the one's life passage.
It is not based on freewill, as one might like to think.
The desires are just the sign posts along the roads of our lives, nothing more and nothing less.
Just energy...
LOA is not a discovery or invention. It has always been around, like any other, like gravity.
Old 15-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Master
Brilliant thoughts, Seven, and true.

The paradox is, by accepting whatever you are feeling, and by letting go of trying, whatever we need and want comes to us naturally at the right time.

This is how trust grows and life itself flows.

Xan

Old 15-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Master
Say "yes" to life - and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.

- Eckhart Tolle