Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 20-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Experiencer
Unhappy Missing One Ingredient For My Spell

I need to do a spell that requires a "magenta" candle that I do not have and the local store where I get my wicca supplies doesn't carry any in that color.

Would there be another color that would work the same way? My book doesn't give another option...

Thanks for your help

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)
Old 20-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Quagmire

Here is a link: wiccan color chart. Look and see if there is a color that have some similar attributes. But to be fair magick is a mental process so in reality you can use what ever candle you want, just vizualize it as magenta and transfer the same attributes to it. So if you vizualize it strong enough you can also do it completely without a spell
Old 20-07-2012, 05:47 PM
sesheta

HHmmm...I wonder if you could take a white candle, then use food colouring (mixed to create a magenta colour) and "dye" the white candle???
Just an idea....don't know if it would work???
Old 20-07-2012, 05:59 PM
LadyTerra

Hi Shalimar:

Actually--White can be substituted for any color.

However--if you are using Magenta for the rapid manifestation of your Candle Working--then Orange can be used (as well).

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 21-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Experiencer
Talking

Thank you so much everyone!

Yep, I need a Magenta candle to accelerate everything that is what that particular spell asks for...I found it in the book you had adviced me to purchase LadyTerra! "The Little Book Of Candle Magic"; it's a great book just like you had said!

Thanks Sesheta for your suggestion, you've actually given me the idea of making my own candle from scratch if need be! I've found a Magenta die so that could be an idea!

Thanks Dreamweaver for the link! Regarding vizualizing the color...I don't feel confident enough just yet I do use vizualization during my spells but as this spell calls for a Magenta candle, I'm sure I'd keep in the back of my mind "it was not Magenta, you blew it! "
So, I'd better do it to the letter...

For sure, it is very difficult to find a Magenta candle! I spent hours on the net trying to find one, went to so many wicca sites yesterday! And the worst of it all, for the sites that also give you a little "Color chart" and sell candles...they mention Magenta as giving strong magick to get quick results...BUT they still don't sell it!
I have found only 2 stores that sell it. The price of the candle is fine but the shipping is awful! Minimum shipping $8.10! Then, as I was desperate to find something without spending so much; I thought about Hobby Lobby and checked...visibly they have a votive candle that is color Magenta and it does look like it online; I will double check in their local store! Hopefully they will have it in stock, otherwise I think I'll make my own!

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Old 24-07-2012, 04:05 PM
LadyTerra

I am so glad to hear you have and are enjoying the book--Shalimar--
it is one of my favorites!

Just as Hobby Lobby is my favorite Candle Store--especially at Samhain--
because of all the Black and Orange Candles!!!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting...
Old 25-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Experiencer
Thanks LadyTerra!

Old 25-07-2012, 06:38 PM
iolite

Use crayons to color your candle. Get a block of white paraffin (used in canning) from the grocery store and a box of crayons and some wick (craft store). Use soup can for your mold and melt the wax another can, add crayon(s) to get the color you want and pour in mold. Pick a can that you can open both ends with a can opener (some don't). If you want a smaller can, tomato paste cans would be good.

When I was a teen, we made candles this way all the time. You can probably find a complete set of directions online. It's really easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
HHmmm...I wonder if you could take a white candle, then use food colouring (mixed to create a magenta colour) and "dye" the white candle???
Just an idea....don't know if it would work???
Old 26-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Magenta must be a very strong magical candle color, if none of the stores are selling it !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 30-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Experiencer
Thanks iolite for passing on the info, that looks easy enough!

@ Dream Angel, several sites do seem to say so...what I found out though is that Magenta is another way to name the color "Fuschia" and you can find that color a lot more easily!
Tomorrow, I'm going to shop for all I need and I'll be all set for the full moon!