Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 05-07-2012, 11:06 AM
goldentimes

can you be....

Hi there, I've got a question which I do not know if this can be

Can witches be haunted? not meaning As Ghost as such but rather with negatively enargies that can haunt you mentally rather physically.
Like, if someone in their early times of their live that had a bad event happened by someone that cursed it. And you did get over it, but this pres. day you feels a feeling of negatively enargies that comes from that person and event, and cannot get rid of them, even if you have done grounding for sevenal times. Can all this happen?

I seems to be able to feel the negatively enargies from this person that did hurt me in the past. I don't unerstand how, I do think people can haunt you, if they have died but not in the same way as 'Christans thinking'.
My back as well feels heavy as if I'm carrying something all the time.

Can this be or Am I feeling the blues?
Best Regards & Blessings!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Occultist

Witchcraft is a way of life a Craft and a way of see the world and a culture.
Witches do not believe in Demon's or anything negative there is negative and positive in everything. Curse is a form of tragedy that is forced on a person it is not an entity.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Master
I think that's a good question, goldentimes. One I would have thought of, if given the time...

@ Occultist - So, curses are 'real'? There have probably been a thread or two here about that..........briefly, can you tell how a curse can be killed? Or even better first question, how does one know for certain that what they may have is a curse and not just a run of bad luck?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
sesheta

No, I don't think that witches, or anyone else, can be "haunted" in the sense you describe.
For a while just after I split with my ex, I went through a very, very rough period, and started to wonder if maybe he had somehow "cursed" me...Anyway, over time I finally realized that I was part of the problem! So I sat down one day, and really, truly thought about what had happened between us, and how he must have felt, etc.....and I forgave him, and forgave myself. I actually did a small ritual/ceremony, where I spoke it all out loud, and let it all go....I had sincerely realized that both of us had done things, and that he had done what he had done out of pain.
Once I had that realization, and sincerely forgave everything....things started to turn around.
Maybe you can try doing the same thing- see if you can reach that place of forgiveness and release.....and see if that "weight on your back" you spoke of doesn't disappear.....
Old 05-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Quintessence

When dealing with metaphysical ideas that lie beyond the scope of hard science - and therefore cannot be proven or disproven - anything is hypothetically possible.

To put it simply, whether or not it is possible or not depends on exactly one person: you. You and your beliefs. You're responsible for your own beliefs. Select them as you will and be mindful of the consequences. If the beliefs are not serving you, discard them.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:24 AM
goldentimes

Then it could be true, If witches do not believe in negatively enargies that can attack, Then way is it that lots of witches and wiccans cast a circles for rituals etc? And why carry protective charms and etc, like the pentacle for just a sample.
And if witches and wiccans do not believe in ghost? Then what we do on the 31st Oct. For Samhain? When we call upon our love one that has gone before us, Then we are calling the dead which are ghost?.

Please do not get me the wrong way, but it's something I need to get cleared up here.

Best Regards & blessings!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Blooms Bright

Hi Goldentimes : )

I think you bring up some great points! I do believe that negative energies occur. I also believe that our bodies are able to feel that shift and warn us. Such as using your intuition, listening to your gut or the hair standing up on the back of your neck, so to speak. However, I don't think negative energy represents doom and gloom. Perhaps a change is coming or one needs to be made.
I also know some individuals who believe in and use a past life regression technique. It maybe that you and this individual share a past history. Although I have not experienced a past life regression, I would suggest you use a professional and someone trusted if you choose do so.
As for myself, I do use protection spells and blessings. I will enchant and use stones or crystals for safe keeping. I also cast a circle and wear a pentacle when needed.
All to Ward out negative energy...
I suppose it is the individuals choice whether to believe or not...as they are the one to have the experience.

I wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom to share with you, instead I will send blessings your way as you explore this journey.

~In love and light
Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentimes
Then it could be true, If witches do not believe in negatively enargies that can attack, Then way is it that lots of witches and wiccans cast a circles for rituals etc? And why carry protective charms and etc, like the pentacle for just a sample.
And if witches and wiccans do not believe in ghost? Then what we do on the 31st Oct. For Samhain? When we call upon our love one that has gone before us, Then we are calling the dead which are ghost?.

Please do not get me the wrong way, but it's something I need to get cleared up here.

Best Regards & blessings!

Samhain is the Day of the Dead. When we open a portal to commune with the spirits, it is ancestral spirits that we make contact with, not familial spirits, and Ancestral Spirit is just another way of saying Spirits of Nature.
Historically, the Celtic Tribes had a feast on Samhain Eve and invited those who had passed to join in. Samhain was also the Celtic New Year. Prior to that day, a selection would be made concerning livestock and which were to be kept through the winter and which were to be slaughtered, depending on the amount of fodder available - hence the big feast.
Coming back to "unfriendly" spirits, this is thought to originate from the time that we [mankind] began to clear the forests for agriculture and animal husbandry. Basically, we were destroying their home. Our ancestors resorted to making offerings to the spirits to keep them "sweet" - that occurs in the mythologies of most tribes !
Old 06-07-2012, 05:27 PM
sesheta

I am a Witch and I firmly believe in ghosts/spirits. However, I also believe that a lot of the negativity and "evil" some people associate with those types of experiences is based more on their own fear than anything truly harmful being done.
***Granted, I don't claim to be an expert, and yes, there are always exceptions to every rule! ******
But - when I cast a circle for a spell or ritual, it is more to build and contain/focus the energy I am raising - not so much to keep out "evil spirits".
And I think the traditional meaning of Samhain is about honouring those that have passed on - kind of like when we attend a modern-day funeral - it's about honouring the life of the one who has just passed.....
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 AM
goldentimes

This has been interesting to read eveyone's point of views.
I have to say that on Samhain eve I use it as a time of remembrance for my love one that has gone before me and for those who have gone in that year I send them a message and tell them that I always love them and etc.
I do not do new year, as I think it is silly having a new year in winter or around winter time. I think it should be in spring were there's new beginnings.

I do believe in ghostes but not like Christans-Evil ghost are under the Devil. I do not believe in the Devil or hell.
No, Every ghost is like us, they too have a good side and a dark side of our personality. When you get a ghost start throwing things around the room, they are just showing off like a selfish 5 year old. And when you see things just getting knot off a table etc, then they are moving too fast.

Maybe it is just my own fears, but wouldn't I had suffered in the early times? nearer the event? No, something isn't right here. I sometimes feel this person and I think he has broken into my psychic defense barryer or something on that line. I think he is curesing these negative energies to get me angry, but what I need to do is to stop him beacuse I do not want to carry this negative energies into my next life.
No I am not going mad and I'm not hearing voices as such.

So any ideas in what I can do?
Best Regards & Blessings!