Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 29-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Master
well, that was a short trip.

you folks in chat know how long and how much i've been looking forward to going to the National Rainbow Gathering but as it turns out my lil old truck broke down twice less that 150 miles from home. the 1st breakdown was an electrical problem that, after having been Triple A-ed towed to a garage, was fixed by a mechanic in a couple of hrs. the second breakdown was something else and it felt and sounded too extensive to have fixed while on the road. i was towed to a hotel where i called a friend who came and got me the next day with a towing trailer.

what can i say? i'm so bummed out. i know it's not the end of the world or anything like that but it'll take me awhile to rebound from this disappointment. i'll see yas in chat when i can manage to be something other than depressed and depressing.
Old 29-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Suspended
Awwwwwww IQ - that must be SO disappointing.

Old 29-06-2012, 02:19 PM
amy green

Unhappy

Oh wow IQ - major bummer! You know, when you said you were going by your truck, I thought to ask if you'd given it the once-over/checked it out but didn't want to worry you/put a downer on it.

That's really a tremendous anti-climax for you .... (to say the very least). Do you believe it happened for a reason? Rest assured, when you feel ready for chat, we'll support and perk you up.

Old 29-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Master
Sorry to hear that IQ. I had never heard of the gathering so I did a quick search and I can surely see why you were excited to go there.
For what it's worth, I stumbled onto this link. Maybe something to consider next time...

http://www.starsrainbowrideboard.org/index.html

James
Old 01-07-2012, 06:17 AM
primrose

IQ, I'm sorry you are disappointed, if it were me, I'd take it as some kind of sign that you were'nt meant to go.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Master

What's in store for you, nearer to home, within the time you would have spent at the gathering, hmmm?

Massive love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 01-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Master
well, it seems that the distributor cap of my lil ol' truck "blew up". according to the 2 mechanics, with more than 60 yrs combine experience, this is a very rare occurrence. everyone (even those with no "spiritual" inclinations) keep saying "something didn't want you to get to that gathering". i guess i'll have to concur. i mean, i was thrice thwarted. 1st i was delayed by a tropical storm then my truck broke down TWICE. of course, there's no point in asking the Universe why It got in the way of my simple desire. **sigh** and **shrug**
Old 01-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, it seems that the distributor cap of my lil ol' truck "blew up". according to the 2 mechanics, with more than 60 yrs combine experience, this is a very rare occurrence. everyone (even those with no "spiritual" inclinations) keep saying "something didn't want you to get to that gathering". i guess i'll have to concur. i mean, i was thrice thwarted. 1st i was delayed by a tropical storm then my truck broke down TWICE. of course, there's no point in asking the Universe why It got in the way of my simple desire. **sigh** and **shrug**

Actually it is even rarer or in this case, older, to have a car that still has a distributor and distributor cap and is still running.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Mayflow

Distributor caps can't "blow up"
Old 01-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Master
Right, my experience is that they usually develop cracks and just short out.