Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 02-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Administrator
Stonehenge

Stonehenge

Stonehenge is one of the most famous of all World sites. It is a grouping of stones that are placed standing in a circle formation. From the free standing stone there are stones laid on top. When was it constructed is open to great debate. One thinks 2500BC , then others put it to 2400 -2200 BC and others to 3000BC. Really does it truly matter?

Why was it constructed ? There is many a theory here too some think its to connect with the Astrological skies, others think it to be a place of worship. We do know that there has been a burial ground there that dates to about 3000BC. Now this is open for debate as to this being the purpose of construction of it or simply that is was a sacred place and thus used for that.

It is said there is evidence of stages of construction starting at 2000BC with remains of timbers being found and dated. It is thought that the timbers were like a blue print that were later replaced by stone. The stones had t be rolled along the ground as they weigh up to 4 tons. Where they orientated from too is open for debate. One theory has them some 140 miles away. Hardly seems possible. A more realistic thought is that the are from the local Glacier rock deposits near the site itself.

If Stonehenge is in fact constructed to coincide with the Astronomy then it speaks well to Sacred Geometry with in the basic level is circles within circles. Man has always looked to the heavens and tried from the very start to maybe understand more of what one see’s and why there are Four Seasons. The masculine and the feminine of Spring and Summer and Fall and Winter.

From the earliest of times man has had ceremonies that celebrate the changes of the year we know them as Solstice. These are powerful times of the year where the powers of the Gods or Goddesses are said to be at their peek.

This is a time or cleansing and purifications. Times of drawing forth the powers of the Earth time of lifting the Heart and bring forth fertilities. It is a time to give thanks for what one is given by the Earth. For the Summer Solstice one would be calling in the powers in the feminine. It is the time when the Full Moon be in Capricorn and it’s a time of shedding of the old.

Here is a meditation I found : One can use a picture of Stonehenge for this !

Find a place that is quiet.

Inside or out side. Place the image in front of ye
Sit. Be comfortable.

Take in two deep breaths. In and out.

Visualize ye are at Stonehenge.

Face magnetic North and feel the energies.

Feel the energies coming in.

Start moving in a clockwise motion around the stones.

Feel that one is a part of its creation in the time it was built.

Ask for what one can learn.

Join in the journey over the ages.

When the journey is done come home to the present.

One will feel the circle reverse in direction.

Clockwise takes one to the past, counter clockwise
brings one back to the now.

( I took a picture of Stonehenge and altered the meditation as it flowed into me. )
What Stonehenge was really constructed for who is to know. It is however an amazingly powerful site a magical place of mystery and wonders.

Blessed are the one’s that live near to it and the one’s that have the journey to travel so see it.

Lynn

Old 18-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Ascender

Edgar Cayce said Stonehenge was erected as a place of worship, sort of like a Church or mosque. They also think the stones were moved through methods of levitation, which is also how the pyramids were formed. Interesting thought, hey?
Old 29-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Another place to take a look at is Carnac on the southern coast of Brittany. If anyone ever get's the chance its well worth a visit.
Old 29-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Master
Thankyou for this I've always been fascinated with Stone Henge.
Spiritlite.
Old 18-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Knower
I saw Stonehenge in June 1987 during a trip to the UK. We happened to be there at the time of the summer solstice and wonder if that explains the presence of some odd people, there and in the town of Bath.
Old 18-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Master
I love Stonehenge!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 18-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Master
I visited England in Aug. of '83, saw both Stonehenge and Avebury, and Silbury Hill (climbed up it with my penpal from Southampton and friends), but the best experience was at Avebury because you get to walk up to these giant standing stones and actually touch them, and when I did, I could feel the deep vibrations. I have pictures I took of both, it was a fantastic vacation.

Old 18-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Master
Sadly, Stonehenge is now like a magnet for poseurs and idiots who leave mountains of rubbish behind, especially on the summer solstice. However, in a recent programme "The History of Ancient Britain" it was said that the circle is actually aligned on the Winter solstice.
There are many more henges up and down Britain which are less publicised and accessible. One I visit is Thornborough Henge in North Yorkshire, an earth-ring henge which is said to have been the true spiritual centre of ancient Britain - as old as Stonehenge and still in use in pagan festivals. Very powerful place in terms of the spirits of the Ancestors.
Carnac in Brittany is certainly the most enigmatic.
Old 18-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Master
I heard Carnac mentioned earlier today somewhere, I forget...what makes it so enigmatic?

Old 18-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I heard Carnac mentioned earlier today somewhere, I forget...what makes it so enigmatic?

Nobody can even speculate on it's purpose. It seems to be a "because we can!" kind of statement. It was built at the time when the hunter-gatherer culture was being replaced by the new farming culture. It was the H-G who built Carnac.
Just had an idea. The ancient forests were being cleared by farmers. Perhaps Carnac is a symbolic forest.