Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 19-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Master
Consider this before you argue.

People post comments in all sorts of frames of minds with all sorts of external factors influencing them. I think when normal discussions get personal or out of character its time to cut people some slack and let them recover.

I have posted things on here in depression nobody knew I had, and wished I never did because what I wrote then is not like me. I have also done the same when tired and stressed out.

The other thing confrontational arguing drives away sensitive people who cant deal with seeing it.

Someone else wants to be right today, let them..who cares! It don't matter anyway.

What do you think?

BTW This is for nobody in particular its something I noticed at other forums and crossed my mind to share it.

Last edited by Lightspirit : 19-06-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 19-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Master
Ok you can be right for today lol.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:05 AM
MRDazzle

We all have moods and personally, if you write in the mood you're in, you are releasing it and not holding it in. It's healthy that way. I am not here to judge you or anyone else here on this forum. If it's really a sense of community we are after here, then we need to accept everyone in the state that they are in, that very second. I applaud you for venting, and I applaud you stating how you feel. There have been a couple times where I have held my tongue. I would hope that I wouldn't be judged for saying the truth the way I see it or feel it.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Sybilline

I've been judged. Even got to the point that my country's been judged, through me.

I considered it as sharing, all the same. I wouldn't treat anything in this forum too personally.
It's sad, when a member says, Oh, I'll keep that to myself, or Sometimes I don't feel like sharing because I'll be judged, etc.
Old 19-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu

The other thing confrontational arguing drives away sensitive people who cant deal with seeing it.

this is me. i'm surprised i'm still here at the mo tbh. i realise that its my bag and place the reasons at no-ones feet. if anything i may have made others take a break, i dunno. i'm gonna have to look after me and take a break some time soon

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 19-06-2012, 03:50 AM
Master
lightworkerAU,

Good OP
I'm curious about cybercounselling and they have all kinds of ways to deal with netiquette and apart from keeping online communication civilized...to help people who have psychosocial issues.

It's really easy to be misunderstood because we don't have the advantage of seeing the person - their body language - or hearing the tone of voice...all those things that give nuance to what is being said.

Throw a bunch of strangers together - all ages, all walks of life, some with mental problems....that's a forum....just voices without commitment....

When I started giving readings here I realized how powerfully our energies come across even through these posts.

You give good food for thought about using emotional intelligence in posting.
Old 19-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Ok you can be right for today lol.
Thanks mate good teply. I am never right, I just tell myself I am occasionally.
Old 19-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
this is me. i'm surprised i'm still here at the mo tbh. i realise that its my bag and place the reasons at no-ones feet. if anything i may have made others take a break, i dunno. i'm gonna have to look after me and take a break some time soon
I have seen it happen before where people get involved in heated debate and really cool people tune out and dissapear. I think this forum is too good for that and it's something you don't see much of luckily.
Old 19-06-2012, 08:56 AM
amy green

lightworker - whilst I agree with how argumentative posts on here can be drawn out, there is something you have overlooked. It's one thing to argue when the two sides have understood each other's stance but quite another when your position hasn't been understood and the other person is criticising a misrepresentation of what you said in the first place. This tends to be the case quite often; so there becomes a need for clarification. To not do so leaves other members with a wrong impression of what you stand for.

That said, I feel that egos not wanting to let go of a bone can be both tiresome and quite telling on a spiritual forum.

Old 19-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
lightworker - whilst I agree with how argumentative posts on here can be drawn out, there is something you have overlooked. It's one thing to argue when the two sides have understood each other's stance but quite another when your position hasn't been understood and the other person is criticising a misrepresentation of what you said in the first place. This tends to be the case quite often; so there becomes a need for clarification. To not do so leaves other members with a wrong impression of what you stand for.

That said, I feel that egos not wanting to let go of a bone can be both tiresome and quite telling on a spiritual forum.

I never let the bone go because there are issues of advocacy. The other thread on online mentoring had many instances of people feeling they were judged, and I feel everything I say is being psychoanalysed, and that behaviour is a problem, and since I know it is a harmful behaviour, I am relentless.

It will be said 'my ego and maybe other things too, but I'll just use the mirror, I'll say you projected it on me, I'll say it's because of your mental insecurity, I'll say you have chosen to react that way, I'll use every little ploy known to GOD, before I acknowledge how you feel... and that is why it takes persistance.