Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-06-2012, 03:44 AM
metarealityseeker

One More Question... :) Why do people so desire to AP?

I am also very curious as to why people want to AP? It is a truthful question as I am not understanding it's purpose and what goals one can reach during this incarnation by being able to AP....

Fill me in please :)
Old 07-06-2012, 04:31 AM
12padams

It's a host of reasons really... Some of which are scientifically proven while others are more personal. Heres a list of reasons from obe4u.com:

Influencing the physiology of one’s own body.
Seeing people that one wants to meet with, but who are otherwise inaccessible or difficult to reach (simulated).
Meeting with famous people from any time period, living or deceased (simulated).
Meeting the deceased, including relatives, in order to help cope with their loss (simulated).
Supplemental rehabilitation for those disabled in any way and new possibilities for them.
Additional opportunities for athletes to master their skills.
An alternative to the computer as a means of entertainment.
Simulating various situations from an area of life.
Studying all possible subject-matters and learning skills, including foreign languages.
Discovering unusual capabilities in oneself.
Detailed recollection in minute detail of any life event from birth on.
Obtaining information about life, oneself, one’s surroundings, and other people.
Experiencing any type of pleasure (including sexual).
Making it easier to stick to a diet thanks to the unlimited amount of food available in the phase.
Visiting any place in the universe (simulated).
Entertainment.
Fulfilling dreams and desires, including secret desires.
Self-healing.
Performing complex mental calculations and solving various problems.
Improving one’s psychology: ridding oneself of complexes, phobias, lack of self-confidence, etc.
Creative development: creating and working on musical, sculptural, and architectural projects, as well as other creative works.

I myself astral project because I prefer being present there than in the physical world. I am free there and am not limited by my dying physical body. Whatever it is I am just happy to be there where I can do whatever I want. I guess you could also say I have a "research addiction" and love to perform experienments there to see the results.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Experiencer
I feel like it's the ultimate integration of physical and nonphysical dimensions into experience, and it makes us fully authentic as conscious beings. And there's a lot that can be done with it once you develop a good level of control over how you direct your consciousness within the state. That control alone is, I think, what is most useful in the bardos and what not.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Master

You can meet people that you want to see.
I love to ap. Can you imagine what it would be like if you were physically able to fly around the beach and to feel the wind. Do you think it would be fun. The scenery is magnificent. It is the most fantastic experience you can have. I want to ap again and again. What you physically see is what I see when I am out of my body. It is extremely real. It feels like I am physically flying but I am not. I am spiritually flying. That is just one example of places that I have ap to.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Master
Why were people so anxious to look for new continents and uncharted lands? Why are people so anxious to find distant earth like planets? Same reason why people AP. Discovering the unknown and answering the constant questions that have plagued humanity since the beginning of time. Who and what we are, where we are from and going, and is there more than what he have here and now. That is the main reasoning behind it but that is not the only reasons. Nowadays people think it is cool to be into spirituality, people are bored with their lives and looking for some facet of something new, and then there are some people who are truly interested in spirituality and the lifestyle it is based upon.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Knower
The ability to train your mind to become accustomed to instantaneous thought-to-experience manifestation. To me anyway.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Master

I agree with you astral explorer. I do want to learn those questions as well but I get distracted when I am in the astral. When I am in a beautiful place it is easy not to do what you intended to do. When I get better when I am in the astral I will be able to do a lot more than I normally do.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Master
It could be that they are bored with their life and dream of something better, for me I enjoy my life and am not after anything better.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM
12padams

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
It could be that they are bored with their life and dream of something better, for me I enjoy my life and am not after anything better.

You don't want to enhance your life using astral projection? Seriously you can use it to cure illnesses! Even summerlander will tell you that... It's been scientifically proven. Just take a pill and know that it will help you. It's the placebo effect in full action even while your concious of it, the body just has to respond to the nonphysical pills you take.

Not that I'm saying it's totally "the placebo effect"... Energy and spiritual healing may/does play a part in it as well. Either way it doesn't matter "how", it just matters "what" and the fact cancer can be shrunk with nonphysical pills makes the astral extremely desirable.

Good luck... Maybe you can take some infinite life pills :)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by metarealityseeker
I am also very curious as to why people want to AP? It is a truthful question as I am not understanding it's purpose and what goals one can reach during this incarnation by being able to AP....

Fill me in please :)

Its a pertinent enough question. Many acheive the out of body experience(or what seems to be the out of body state ) during Sleep in Dreams anyway,