Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 05-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Loving_Soul

Finding me....not Nemo

It struck me tonight - I've lost me...

Somehow in all that has happened I've lost who I was, the happiness I was, I thought it was faith or hope or my love that id lost but it's not - it's not any of these things - its not even about loosing my TF as I haven't lost him - I can't - it's me I've lost...I no longer know who I am and where I'm going, I no longer find happiness in who I am - I feel the need to become more - more what?

I want to be enough for myself - how do you find yourself again once u have lost you?

The more spiritually awakened I become the more I am loosing who I was - when do you begin to feel like you found yourself again?

How do you do this when I look through my eyes and all I see is Jay?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Master
[quote=Loving_Soul]It struck me tonight - I've lost me...

Somehow in all that has happened I've lost who I was, the happiness I was, I thought it was faith or hope or my love that id lost but it's not - it's not any of these things - its not even about loosing my TF as I haven't lost him - I can't - it's me I've lost...I no longer know who I am and where I'm going, I no longer find happiness in who I am - I feel the need to become more - more what?

The more spiritually awakened I become the more I am loosing who I was - when do you begin to feel like you found yourself again?

the more spiritually awakened u becoem the more YOU WILL lose who u once was ,. thats becaus eyour changing . everythign about u is changing . the old you is dying bit by bit and you have to rediscover who you are all over again and start at the beginning . for instance .. u wil learnt o get to know who you are now , and love YOU for YOU . u cannot lose yourself entirely although it may fel like this . you just lose the part of you that is no longer required for the new age . when u feel lost and full of sorrow turn that love that u have inwards . xx

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 05-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Master
I had to re examine my whole belief system, like a snake shedding its skin . I feel vulnerable but at the same time its exciting taking risks and creating a new life .
Out with the old and in with the new energies and manifesting for our highest good.

Louise Hays How to heal your life book helped me to find the essence of me lol.

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.

Last edited by Topaz : 05-06-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Pathfinder

Loving Soul.. I was feeling that too.. sometimes I look at old photos and wish, I was the old me.. :( I miss me.. :(

PS: I lost myself before I went through a spiritual awakening.. the awakening sometimes feels like finding out who I am.. ? if that makes sense..
Old 05-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdylicSugar
Loving Soul.. I was feeling that too.. sometimes I look at old photos and wish, I was the old me.. :( I miss me.. :(

PS: I lost myself before I went through a spiritual awakening.. the awakening sometimes feels like finding out who I am.. ? if that makes sense..
Tell me about it ( I have a picture of us taken by him out in America , two years before we actually came together . I look so radiant and happy x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving_Soul
It struck me tonight - I've lost me...

I want to be enough for myself - how do you find yourself again once u have lost you?

How do you do this when I look through my eyes and all I see is Jay?

Spiritual journey begins when...
One has to completely loose itself first..
And find itself in a new light.
That is what spiritual awakening is.
Abandoning everything
Learning to let go
Surrendering
To the higher self
Letting go of fear
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM
sesheta

To Loving Soul

I don't think you can ever truly "lose you." :)

I know that since being with my TF, a LOT about me has changed! And sometimes it is kind of scary, because you get into that mindset that change is bad or negative...but it doesn't have to be.
When I go through those times of feeling that way, I like to turn it around and think of it the opposite way:

You're like a phoenix - rising from the ashes of the past - to be reborn into whatever you choose to become.
You can re-create yourself - let yourself soar
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Ascender

LS, being happy doesn't necessarily have anything to do with knowing who you are, or finding yourself. You can be happy in a state of confusion as long as you allow it in, embrace it for what it is and recognize it is a step along the journey. When we start to truly love and connect to divine love, we become love, we loose ourselves and connect to the oneness in life. I think that's what is probably happening to many of us. We realize that "me" doesn't really exist, especially when we have connected with our TF. It's "just" a body, just a manifestation of God's creation. When we "fall" in love, the ME falls away. That's what happens, it isn't attached to another person.
I am still asking who I am and the answers I'm getting are always the same, love, consciousness, awareness, source, everything and nothing all at the same time. It does feel at times that I have lost myself but instead I have found my higher self which was lost before when I was more listening to my ego. Now that the ego doesn't play a huge role anymore, the higher self has taken over which is the same as everything else out there, like I said, everything and nothing at the same time.
Only when I stopped seaking myself did I feel comfortable with who I truly am, consciousness, and I could then fully love myself.
You are probably aware of all of this already but I just felt like sharing my take on it anyways.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Loving_Soul

There is a part of me that is aware Quest - I guess I'm just not really enjoying not being me anymore lol how crazy does that sound - I spoke to Jay last night, back comes my humour, my ability to laugh and have fun I was radiant - but most of the time I am serious and humorless - I've lost my Sparkle (that is the nickname my folks gave me years ago) unless I am out in a group then it comes back in force - but day to day living seems empty and robotic almost.

Thankyou everyone - I like the Phoenix vision & the poem Nada xxxx

While I was talking to Jay I mentioned my sister has offered me a free business class ticket to Hawaii - I'm not even sure I want to go - Jay is like are u f'ing mad - let go have fun GO - why would I spurn an opportunity like that? How have I become so damn serious that an island escape holiday isn't even attractive to me anymore? And what is more sad is I thought well at least if I go I will find a nice beach spot somewhere to meditate lol when my sister is going for her birthday and all she wants to do is drink cocktails by the pool which doesn't interest me at all lol
Old 05-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator
I lost me once due to an ex moron who thought he was the center of my universe. He actually thought he had one up on my kids and my family. It was so stressful I held off breaking it off because I didn't want the 4 hr phone call of me me me and yep me. I always felt sick. I dreaded seeing or calling him. I became depressed finally it ended. It began well and was well till he did a 180. Before I knew it i became someone who I did not recognize.No one will take my sunshine away ever. I do not care who the heck they are to me no one!!!!!

My health was better I smiled real smiles. I thought never again will that happen. Now if you don't like me that is too damn bad.