Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 01-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Pathfinder
A Night Walk (Please Read and Comment!) :)

May 1, 2012

I asked God for a favor this night. I requested a desire from the heart. I was the prospector of fortune in the market of Heaven. God, as its’ merchant, sold me the night. He asked not for money or gain, but for my presence with Him. All the Angels witnessed the wondrous transaction. When God sold me the night, he asked for interest so that he could also profit. His interest was my happiness and fulfillment. I would gladly pay it for a hundred thousand lifetimes if He wanted me to. I became richer than the most successful gold miners, business tycoons, or crime syndicate moguls. I became Love. I married the stars, those priceless jewels in the cosmos we seldom pay heed to, if ever at all. The moon gave us its’ blessing and I walked with my soul-mate in the sky towards destiny.
Why do we intrude upon God with lights on our front porches, streets, and cars? They are unnecessary. We are designed for the night alone. It makes sense to walk for financial and economic reasons as well. Even physically, we benefit from exercise. Extra time spent walking in the shining darkness is never wasted, for the time “lost” chronologically is paid back ten-fold for our time with God, that is, if we remain open to Him.
The night throws all things into relief. Complexities of the day are but a footnote to the majesty of the night. The nighttime moon shines upon everything, but at the same time, raises no shadows against anything either. It is the terribly curious nature of God, the way he moves in the universe to our limited eyes and sensations. We feel Him there, even if we may not believe it, but we never actually know. God is the dark Angel shrouded in the shadows. He melts into the night and helps us when we have a need and, then before we know it, he melts back into the Oneness of the Heavens while at the same time, remains by our side so we are always aware.
Being the savvy romantic I am, I played the most beautiful music on my iPod, melodic piano tunes… I unfolded my arms and became the cardboard airplane with sad-proof wings as I flew over child inspired utopias of kindness, summer moments, and nighttime magic.
I was the hoping renaissance hero ready to save my complimentary aspect, my lover, my soul-mate, from the corruption about to taste her innocent heart.
I was the happy father with daughters riding his back, pretending him to be a bucking bronco, rearing its massive head in giggly outbursts.
I was the odd man out with the umbrella to challenge society. I let it fill with rain and danced in my own rain pool as others looked on in surprise.
I sang at all the wrong times and made the song beautiful to my own ears.
I jumped on all the cracks in the sidewalk and instead of dying each time, laughed out loud with my inner child.
I chose to walk with Love so that Love could walk with me.
I love loving things. It just makes sense, doesn’t it? We try to hate and hate and hate and in the end, we fail. There is a greater urge to remove the impediments before us, to relinquish our motivations of revenge, and give up ownership of our malice, so that we can be free to do the one thing that seems to always be the hardest thing possible. To Love. However we do it and however we live out that freedom is up to us as free spirited souls, but the core of our journey is genuinely Love. In both a very large and very tiny way, when we realize the Truth that we are Love, our humanity reveals itself to us.
Walk as God. What’s stopping you this very moment? You lose nothing and gain everything by doing so. Blaze a trail.
Tonight, I owned the night. It was perfect.