Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 27-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Knower

Receiving Chants form Who?

What I'm looking for is ideas, opinions, theories, ect.....

Over the past four or five months I have received three chants. (at least that is what I am calling them) They are in an unknown language, or at least unknown to us. At first we thought they were from my friends great grandmother who was full blood Cherokee Indian and the language was Cherokee (I was thinking of her at the time of the very first chant) but, I have tried to translate some of the words using an online translation dictionary and so far have been unsuccessful. The problem could be the way I write them down though. I write them down phonetically so they can be accurately repeated. We have no idea what they mean and it took us months to figure out what to do with the first two. And that was just by guessing.

The last chant I received was in the wee hours of Tuesday morning (4-24-2012). It was a very complicated chant, very powerful (whatever it does) and it took me a long time to get it right. I could feel somebody helping me correct this or change that till it was done. When I felt it was right I asked "Is this right?" and a smiling face popped into my mind. That was the first time that has happened. And it looked exactly like my friend only with long gray hair.

So either my friend looks exactly like her great grandmother and they are from her great grandmother or it's her future self contacting me to give these chants to herself in the past. I know there are a lot of other possibilities as well, like the face that popped into my mind wasn't actually the one giving me the chants it may have been a message itself saying something like "old friend".

Does anybody have any ideas as to how to tell who is giving me these chants since I don't really have a good two way communication link with the giver? How to figure out the meaning of these chants? Or what to do with them?

I thank everyone for their input.
Old 27-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Master
emerge... If it were me I would ask whoever this is to show me who he or she is... please. Then notice whatever shows up pretty soon.

Xan

Old 27-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Henri77

It's rarely who delivered the message that matters. I wouldn't be unduly concerned with it.

As long as you have the correct pronunciation , does it really matter exactly what it means?
Latin chants have been used in worship, and folks often didn't know the meaning ...... and these days Sanskrit, Tibetian chants are in common use.

The intent matters more than the literal meaning IMO.

But you might ask for guidance what to do with them.... since they went to such efforts to deliver 'em.
Old 27-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Master
Henri is right. Chants are to be used for the energetic effects of the sounds... not meanings.

And... when our guides give us something it's to be received as is... not analyzed to death.

Xan

Old 27-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
emerge... If it were me I would ask whoever this is to show me who he or she is... please. Then notice whatever shows up pretty soon.
Xan

I've tried this and the only thing I receive is feeling an energy. The same energy I feel when I receive the chants.
Old 27-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
It's rarely who delivered the message that matters. I wouldn't be unduly concerned with it.

That's how I've always felt. The only reason we'd like to know is maybe by knowing who it came from might give us a clue as to what to do with it/ when or how to use it. Or maybe give me a better chance of connecting with who sent it to get more info.

Quote:
As long as you have the correct pronunciation , does it really matter exactly what it means?
Latin chants have been used in worship, and folks often didn't know the meaning ...... and these days Sanskrit, Tibetan chants are in common use.

The intent matters more than the literal meaning IMO.

Agreed. But even when people use Latin, Sanskrit, or Tibetan chants they at least have an idea of the effect the chants will have. Saying a chant that is used for growing crops will have little to no effect if the intent is to heal some one ..... unless it's a general all purpose chant whose purpose is to magnify intent.

The chants I'm receiving seem to be for a very specific thing. Like the first chant, between the two of us we tried it out on at least 7 or 8 various things, situations, purposes and nothing happened. Then one of us hit on the idea that it might be for getting rid of the nuisance spirits at her house. It worked like a charm. Yet it didn't do anything to the few negative spirits still left where we work.

It took us two months to figure that one out and in the mean time every night she was woke up with loud banging and pounding all over her house.

Quote:
But you might ask for guidance what to do with them.... since they went to such efforts to deliver 'em.

I've asked many times for guidance and only receive silence.
Old 27-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Master

How about showing us a line or two from these chants? Some of us are pretty good with languages....
Old 27-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Enya

Trust your instincts about when to use the chants. Just sit quietly and tune into the energy of each chant. If you're thinking about a situation and one comes to mind, then use it. You'll know by the power whether it's working or not. Asking natives for answers is, in my experience, kinda pointless as they always encourage you to find your own answers.
Old 27-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge
I've tried this and the only thing I receive is feeling an energy. The same energy I feel when I receive the chants.

Then that's your answer, emerge. Apparently getting a name is not what's happening now for you.

It seems you're being invited to take a new step in letting go of your expectations and so you may more fully meet what is here, now.

Xan

Old 27-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Henri77

Often ,very experienced spiritual teachers are given information, that they don't truly understand till years later.

Sometimes the search for truth-meaning-direction is more beneficial than the answer. But after all that effort, I hope you find a use for what was shared.