Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Master
Any Christians here?

I'm at a dead end. My attempts to reach God are failing. So I am seriously considering turning to Christ.

I get so confused at times. Enlightenment - Yahveh - Christianity - these three principles turn into turmoil in my head.

When I was a child I believed in Jesus and I was very happy. Then puberty happened and I lost touch. Then the great search began.

And it has not ended.

Do you recommend Christ?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:04 AM
TeeHee

Perhaps during your search for God, God is exposing more than you know. Including your faith and loyalty among other key attributes of a loyal follower and servant.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Wisa'ka

why not

I mean it's worth a try.

Hope it all works out for you this time
Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Perhaps during your search for God, God is exposing more than you know. Including your faith and loyalty among other key attributes of a loyal follower and servant.

But I am getting the feeling that without Christ I may be lost.

I feel lost.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:14 AM
TeeHee

You should feel lost in Sin. And not meaning that in any bitterness. However, the good news is that Jesus' atonement is yours. Jesus paid the penalty and the price for your sin that has infinite and eternal consequences. There's nothing you can do by your own merit. No works, deeds, or pondering away on different philosophies or through obtaining knowledge. The only knowledge that's beneficial is to know something about the mission and sacrifice of beloved Jesus. That is the beginning of a personal relationship with Him. Embrace the biblical truths that will allow you to boldly and clearly declare the good news of the gospel that's resting upon an all-powerful God who has determined to save people from every tribe, tongue and nation. God's grace and salvation... God... Father, Son and Holy Spirit all working in unison toward the purpose of salvation. How beautiful..... just embrace it Honza
Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 AM
iScorpio

To be honest, Christ and God together changed my life around and made me A better person. What you need to become Christian and follow Christ is to pronounce that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, that you are human and you do sin, and to ask for forgiveness and ask for him in your life.
That is what I think you need to become Christian and to accept Christ in your life. The love is always there. :)
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I'm at a dead end. My attempts to reach God are failing. So I am seriously considering turning to Christ.

I get so confused at times. Enlightenment - Yahveh - Christianity - these three principles turn into turmoil in my head.

When I was a child I believed in Jesus and I was very happy. Then puberty happened and I lost touch. Then the great search began.

And it has not ended.

Do you recommend Christ?

I don't think anyone can tell you what you need. They can tell you what has helped them the most and what they have benefited from and you need to make your decision on what you want and what you need in your life.

If Christ is what you feel you are missing and something you need and want in your life your bet then would on learning what Christ means to you and what exactly you are looking for in Christ.

As Christ and Christianity will be a broad subject that will have very many different answers depending on whom you ask. What one feels make a Christian another will not. In other words do you want what many know as mainstream Christianity that involves salvation through Christ and being born again to Christ, or in what the new age believe in Christ such as the Christ Consciousness?
Old 05-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Mary Baker

I was hand harvesting cotton in 1947 when out of the blue , my back begin to tire so I stood to rest a minute, enjoying a refreshing breeze that blew over me, and then, incredibly, blew through me, penetrating every cell of my body , cleansing me completely.

Immediately, or perhaps simultaneously, I was aware of an invisible but very real “Person” slightly suspended in the air before me. I perceived great power, but also loving compassion and holiness in this person and the puzzling awareness that I knew this person well, had always know him and had seemingly forgotten him until that instant. I trusted him completely as he entered into my mind communicating in a manner that could not be misinterpreted because it by passed human thought patterns or language, imparting pure awareness.

This inner awareness
was accompanied by visions, the meaning of which I understood from the spiritual communication.

I saw a form that I understood represented me, though it did not resemble me but more like a fetus, (though at the time I had no knowledge of the appearance of a fetus) whereas, I was a tall skinny girl . There was an odious sore on the left thigh of this form eating away the flesh. I understood this symbolized sin destroying me.

The Person communicating to me offered me spiritual healing if I would choose to follow a path of Love and Peace. The vision now showed a footpath through a wood with a light like a spotlight shining down upon it ahead of me symbolizing “His” presence continually guiding me. Then I was told that at the end of my path, “You will come to me”.

Suddenly I was immersed, surrounded, embraced in golden, oceanic, Light full of Peace and Love , Joy, Fulfillment, of being Home.

My heart was suddenly changed. I was so sorry for every unkind thing I’d ever said or done. I realized we are all very precious to God and should love one another.
This was an unusual salvation experience but others have also experienced salvation and a changer heart merely by surrendering to God and trusting Him.

That day I vowed to go to church, pray, and study the Bible. to help me walk the life path of love and peace. But salvation is a gift of God to anyone who will accept it. We do not earn it. "It is a gift of God lest any man should boast."

Yes, I reccommend Christ.

Learn more of him by reading the Gospel of John in new version, (such as the New International Version)then Acts, and the Pauline Epistles. You can do this on line thrugh Bible Gateway in several versions a little at a time.
Meanwhile become more Christlike by concentration on loving God., loving others, loving yourself and loving any enemies you think you have.
Love never fails
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Master
Gosh Mary that is amazing. Thanks.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
In other words do you want what many know as mainstream Christianity that involves salvation through Christ and being born again to Christ, or in what the new age believe in Christ such as the Christ Consciousness?

That is what I am not sure about. I cannot seem to achieve Christ Consciousness alone. So I was thinking that perhaps I ought to turn to Christ to help me achieve it.