Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 PM
CearaQC

Has anyone "mapped" the AP realms?

Here I go again on my smartphone. LOL. I use it when hubby is hogging my computer or I am at work.

I have read all of the late Robert Monroe books and loved them all. Some passages were very emotional but overall I love the work he did.

Has anyone here ever mapped out the realms surrounding the planet? Seen the different levels, the school area or welcome park? Met a traveler or tourist from far far away?

I am interested in your stories, so fire up those keyboards or touch screens. Hehe
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 PM
earthatic

The closest thing I can think of are Focus Levels: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_level

That would be an interesting thing to do, although I'm not sure how one would do it. As far as I know there is a VAST amount of spiritual/extra-dimensional planes...it's possible that it's even infinite because there is an infinite spectrum of different frequencies, and infinite patterns/structures in which things can be formed.

There are some common distinct ones like the RTZ, etheric, astral, mental, causal, atmic, ect...that people experience often and are worth assigning names and functions to. Astral has generally come to mean any type of OBE, but it didn't originally. You could have awareness separate from your body and not be in the Astral. There are different interpretations and theories that people have made as to how these things work. If you want, you can look into Theosophy and Mysticism.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Master
It would be impossible to map the Astral planes. The best one can do is map the 7 major planes, but that is just a guess. The astral planes offer no paths, roads, or boundaries which would be required to map them. There are thousands if not millions of sub planes inside of each plane. People just need a physical image of what they are dealing with and so over the centuries people have tried to map the 7 major planes. In my opinion there are way more than 7 major planes, and for a fact I know there are thousands if not millions of sub planes that may not even be part of the 7 major planes. The Astral planes are limitless, therefore impossible to physically map them and be accurate.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Guide
*You* can provide a map for yourself, and only yourself.
Why? Because what you experience is a subjective, personal, unique interpretation based entirely around your experiences.

No two people experiences an experience the exact same way.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
No two people experiences an experience the exact same way.

Ain't that the truth! :^) There are as many differing unique impressions of the world as there are individuals now alive to experience them!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
The Astral planes are limitless, therefore impossible to physically map them and be accurate.
I suspect it would be as complicated as trying to track the going-ons in our own bodies! With close to 1 trillion human cells working in harmony with each
other and another 10 trillion organisms that are hitching a ride... one wouldn't know where to begin! Things are "far" more intense than our eyes are leading
us to believe... just beneath the surface is an unendingly complex, unimaginable magic! :^)
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 AM
CearaQC

Ok I see where you guys are coming from.

But I probably should have explained myself further.

I am not really interested in how many or what kind of levels that might be generally experienced, but of personal stories about what you find in your travels.

For example, Monroe once saw a pile of squirming bodies attempting to be physical but never become satisfied. Another time he ended up in a place that seemed he was stuck and felt like Indiana Jones caught in a trap room that offered no visible escape.

While I can appreciate not everyone would see the same thing to make a general consensus, and experiences can be custom-tailored by one's guide, which would account for multiple sub-layers.

I am interested to read stories about visiting Astral classrooms, healing centers, and a welcome area.

I know I have been in some of these places in my dreams, but was never conscious of it until I spent time thinking about the dream after awakening. In other words I was not lucid dreaming, but I do "know" at least those places exist, at least on some level.

I am hoping that reading other stories might jog my subconscious memories to be triggered and released to my conscious mind, or it may also be helpful to others.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC
I have read all of the late Robert Monroe books and loved them all. Some passages were very emotional but overall I love the work he did.

Have you seen him doing interviews yet!? I was a big fan of him at one time and went looking for some info on him a few days ago and found these:

#1-7 Robert Monroe Institute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5OgyF2dyok

This is the first of seven clips, you can follow the numbers on the right for the rest! It was wonderful to read his insight at one time... now thanks to the
internet it's nice to finally see him in person! :^)

edit: just found the play list for the collection of these clips :^)
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?src_vid=n5OgyF2dyok&p=093DB3AF7D4C7 88E
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Guide
Why complicate the infinite? Lol.
Yes, Monroe was great too I think.
I also say keep it simple like the Kabbalists and that we can wrap creation up into 4 main worlds of the physical, the astral, the mental, and the causal. I like Crowley's model of the abyss separating these worlds from the Absolute.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 AM
CearaQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Have you seen him doing interviews yet!?

Of course I have! :)

I even have the Gateway program on discs but never a quiet moment in my crazy house to use them. Plus I don't have a good set of headphones. But that program worked great for me. I got as far as very strong vibes but was never fully able to pull off a full-on AP trip. If I could afford the program in person at the Monroe Institute, I would go ASAP. Hehe

I am just very interested in travel stories from folks that do not involve dogmatic/religious overtones, similar to how Monroe did it.

Did anyone meet a non-human tourist for example. If so, what did you do or discuss with that entity? Did you travel to another world, or another galaxy? (Once in a dream I saw a deep purple colored galaxy behind a giant gaseous planet.)