Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Leeroy1979

Too much talk of negativity

Well I think the title says all that I'm thinking right now. Every post I'm reading of late has something with negative entities in and seems more on discouraging people from attempting to explore this. Not everything is down to negative entities, not every question has a spiritual answer. As a community we should encourage new people to try, give help and advice when needed. As we all know it is through courage we deal with these things and that comes with experience, experience comes through practice, good practice comes through the right advice and encouragement. Then we give the right tools needed to help people overcome problems they encounter. But we need to deal with these things more as they arrive, as most experiences are unique to the person and the persons own deep rooted fears.

If we are putting all these bad experiences to people before they have had the chance to experience any kind of travelling that is self initiated. Then it might put off potential travellers for the future and I'm sorry but feel our goal should be to promote what we can achieve and help develop other people's aims and goals within the practice of Astral Projection.

Rant over.

Forest started an extremely useful thread which I have been watching for a while now and there is really good information in there and an enjoyable read.

If I am wrong I would appreciate comments or thoughts please.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Master
Yes I agree, but on the same note people need to know what they are getting into. Unfortunately I was told that to be safe through AP all I needed to do was keep a positive mind set. That is not the truth though and people reply with things like "protect yourself with white light", "call on your spirit guides or Arch angels". Unfortunately these do not work for everybody and people need to be aware that during Astral Projection you don't have a get out of hell free card.

It is not about putting the negative in people's minds, it is about preparing them for what they may meet on the other end. Being prepared for something is the best defense all around and if you don't hold any knowledge about what may or may not happen well then you will be wide open to anything possible.

I am promoting that people should take their time with Astral Projection instead of rushing into it and possibly leaving them self vulnerable. Because I was told nothing bad could happen to me and so I rushed into it just as many people are doing on here, and now I regret that. Nothing is sure with Astral Projection it is a **** shoot whether or not you will run into Negs and people need to be aware of this instead of just telling them that positive thinking, white light, angels, and other things will automatically shield them.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Nebulous

I don't usually post much in this area of the forum but I wanted to say from sort of a general standpoint: I think you have a valid point - however, usually if I warn someone it's to prepare them for what might happen so they won't come across it suddenly and without warning and find themselves giving up astral, heck even their whole spirituality, in light of negative events.

I'm big on precautionary statements sometimes...but I've seen a lot of really great people give up spiritual practices because they stumbled on the negative stuff on their own and they couldn't handle it, and they just go into a tailspin and end up totally messed up and giving up on all spirituality. I'd prefer someone entering a new realm of spiritual practice to know the risks before they go in.

It's not fair to do it otherwise. That'd be like giving someone a car but not telling them the rules of traffic, how to handle different types of weather, and the skills of defensive driving. Then you turn them into one of those teenagers who goes driving around with chattering friends, during a rainstorm, while texting on their cell phone -- and wonders why they got in a wreck! Trust me...what happens in many areas of spirituality can be compared to this. They go "Why did this happen to me?!!" -- and if someone had just taken the time to give them a few warnings and pointers, they might have avoided the disaster or known better how to handle it.

That's why I warn people...to save their butts and/or prepare them just in case. I mean who knows, they may never need it. But at least they were prepared. :)
Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM
SoulSparkles

Heres a message to all those worried about AP etc, I have NEVER encountered any negative intrusions myself.

Happy travelling

SoulSparkles
Old 10-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Master
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed!
I do agree that people should be warned of what's out there, but still... I mean, I'm learning to AP (only did it once spontaneously back in 09... it lasted 7 seconds), and I already have a fear of the unknown. Well. It's not that I fear the lower entities, I just don't know what to expect. And hearing all these people talk about "evil entities" is discouraging my subconscious.

I've never had an experience with a less-evolved entity, so I like to think I won't while on the astral plane. It's a good thing I don't read too many of these posts.

Though... if you go in with the right amount of confidence and control, you shouldn't have any problems. That's what I like to believe, at least. Like attracts like.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Master
I have experiences with Negative entities on a daily basis but I am not scared. It is not something to be scared of really they can't harm you it's more like an annoyance and a road block. If you are scared boy it could be a really rough ride though because that will only empower them to exploit every fear you have. This is why I warn people and tell them the truth about Negs instead of just saying oh just think positive and you will be automatically shielded, or pray to angels or guides and you will receive divine intervention. In reality this rarely happens and only a chosen few powerfully psychic people really are able to do these types of things.

I am not saying divine intervention will never come, because I am sure it will come eventually. But for the time being it will seem like hell once you have a Neg attached to you. In all honesty I believe Negs come around for a specific reason, that reason being your Higher self is allowing this to happen so that you can learn and grow from the experiences That is why I tell the truth and don't sugar coat Astral Projection. Even Robert Bruce says it's best to know what may or may not happen because the biggest mistake one can make in spirituality is being unprepared for the unknown.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Master
Hi :)

There are many forms of thought ..Two stand out to me ..Those that state *the Higher Self being the Self Creator* And those that state *The Creator is Separate and Larger ..which they are a part of but not the sum total of*

Hence IMO the varied Views on AP...Also how does one know 100 percent that they are fear based in the individual ?..Us Humans I believe have only seen a sliver ..

All the best
:)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Master

I agree with you, it does not encourage people wanting to ap. I do not have a problem if someone posts something negative They want help and advice. If you are not afraid and you think nothing bad will happen then nothing bad will happen. You have nothing to worry about. I would stay away from reading ap books that talk about evil as it does not help anyone. It just puts fear and doubt into you. I have ap for many years and not once have I had a negative experience. My vibrations are not high so it has nothing to do with it. So long as you think nothing can harm you or there is evil out there, you have nothing to worry about. You will be protected. Nothing can get to you. When you do ap, ap can be exciting. You can see wonderful landscapes, oceans and buildings. You can fly and feel the breeze. It is fantastic.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Nebulous

Let me put it this way - if you've never ever seen a negative or at the very least something you'd initially THINK was a negative and you've been doing it for years, I'm inclined to say "You must be splashing in the shallow end my friend."

The deeper and stronger you go out, the more likely you are to find things that, at the very least, will shock or confuse you at first if you've never been told about them. I mean come on, doesn't it stand to reason? The further you venture out from your own reality, the more likely you are to find strange and sometimes hostile things. It's that simple. I wouldn't call all of them BAD - although a lot will be hostile if nothing else because sometimes they're as surprised as you are. I'm sorry but "spirit" does not equal "infallible awesome being" lol - heck I have a lot that trek around with me now from day to day that're pretty simple beings, they don't do much more than gnaw on stray energy strands, flap around and make noises. I'm serious. They are energy beings who consume and convert and produce energy, but they are essentially animal-like creatures, and very simple-minded.

But see what I mean? That's some pretty strange stuff. If I told you I as a frequent astral-and-energy-worker have basically made enough friends that I have put swarms of strange creatures into my employ, and especially if I tried to describe them to you -- who in the world do you really think would believe me? More than likely I'd get told I'm an evil person and they're, I don't know, demons or something because they don't sparkle enough for the listener's liking. Troll around in the astral and work with energy long enough, however, and you'll understand what I'm talking about. I've met a good several who've gone there themselves. But until you get there you'd just stare at me like I'm a babbling hobo and spout the only things you've ever heard - something about love, angels and light or something.

There's a reason I try to tell people in advance. Come into some of these deeper crazier realms armed only with love and pretty white bubbles and ... honestly? In some spots, you're more likely to get attacked simply for being so out of place and foreign there. They see you and go OMGHAX?! and bite. And then you go back home (so to speak) going OMGHAX?! and crying yourself to sleep or whatever. All because no one told you "Hey, things can get kind of crazy out there. Just be ready to see weird stuff and roll with it, ok?"

It's a lot more dramatic when you're out there astraling around then to even hear about it. But if you've heard about it at least you're prepared. I'm not here to ward anyone off at all - I just want to make sure if someone strays off the beaten path (the beaten path being, "angels" and pretty things and nice lights and beings light and dark that are supremely interested in dabbling in the affairs of humans all the time) they can have a better idea how to approach it.

But from what I can tell, if you want to keep talking to the ones that go out of THEIR way to talk to YOU (meaning you aren't going very far, my friend), then, ehh. You have less to worry about. Talk to the lights, they're less inclined to do much. It's just not very strong astral practice. Let me know when you find something and there is absolutely ZERO information about it on the internet anywhere or among your spiritual buddies - and I'll say "You just made your first step. Welcome to the real astral projection experience. Wear a helmet and have fun."

Obviously I don't consider astral experiences to be terrible and negative or I wouldn't be doing it. Astral is a great tool for me and I consider it rewarding and worth the effort - and frankly I enjoy meeting strange and new things. The "negs" don't bug me at all. I deal with them as they come, and I ally with many more who are friendly, and I learn new things and all that other stuff. Just saying. :)
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Master

I can honestly say I have never seen anything negative, except just one. It came from my subconscious. It was not real. I saw a distorted face and it was the same distorted face that I saw the night before on T.V. That was years ago. I have never seen anything bad since.