Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-02-2012, 01:07 AM
ZombieBiscuit

Question Is this normal? Help please...

So, I've been tying to astral project the last 2 days, but there are a few things I am confused with.

1. Relaxing body parts. Everyone says I must relax to the point that they feel very heavy, but that never happens.

2. I so far only used the rope technique, and even without meditation I can already feel some vibrations, but I don't know what to do from there and usually lose my concentration.

OBS: It is very noisy around here and it is hard to get into meditation state, so I didn't have the chance to try it while meditating. My friend mocked at me and sayd that it was hard to believe that I was getting the vibrations like that. She sayd that either I am a faker or the guy that is going to save humanity. Also, instead of feeling the body parts getting heavier after 10-15 minutes like most people, they feel VERY light and soon unexistant after just 5 minutes of meditation. Oh, also, she mentioned a merkada or something not sure if it means though. Do you think I may be going to fast for someone that just started?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 AM
hoonsince89

I'm no expert on astral projection but from my experience you have to be in that state where your body feels heavy. If you meditate for say 30 minutes, try move your hand. You will notice it takes a lot more effort than usual, that is the state you seek.
When you are there you focus on the vibrations at your feet. slowly fill your body with these vibrations all the way up to your head. This is charging your astral body.
when your body is full of vibrations you will start to hear strange noises, to me it sounds like a truck or plain crashing outside and is about to take out your house lol. This part is quite intimidating and i usually freak out and return to my body at this stage :/ But when you her that noise you will begin getting sucked out. Feels similar to what i imagine being abducted would feel like.
From their just surrender yourself to the vibration and noise and you will slip out your body. Easier said than done of coarse....

The "merkaba" is your astral body vehicle. You fill it with light and harness the energy of the heavens and the earth creating 2 dodecahedron's surrounding you spinning opposite ways hence creating a vehicle of light. This is extremely hard to do and i have yet to come across anyone that can do it.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:45 AM
ZombieBiscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoonsince89
I'm no expert on astral projection but from my experience you have to be in that state where your body feels heavy. If you meditate for say 30 minutes, try move your hand. You will notice it takes a lot more effort than usual, that is the state you seek.
When you are there you focus on the vibrations at your feet. slowly fill your body with these vibrations all the way up to your head. This is charging your astral body.
when your body is full of vibrations you will start to hear strange noises, to me it sounds like a truck or plain crashing outside and is about to take out your house lol. This part is quite intimidating and i usually freak out and return to my body at this stage :/ But when you her that noise you will begin getting sucked out. Feels similar to what i imagine being abducted would feel like.
From their just surrender yourself to the vibration and noise and you will slip out your body. Easier said than done of coarse....

The "merkaba" is your astral body vehicle. You fill it with light and harness the energy of the heavens and the earth creating 2 dodecahedron's surrounding you spinning opposite ways hence creating a vehicle of light. This is extremely hard to do and i have yet to come across anyone that can do it.

I heard noises, but not exactly the way you describe. More like a plane engine turning on. I usually start counting at 100 down to 0, at 70 I start to hear it and all feels very light. I can't even feel my body, almost as if it were unexistant. And the Merkaba, astral body vehicle... I guess I already heard about that other than from her but not sure...

Thanks for the reply anyway
Old 09-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Master
Are you going too fast? Yes, learn how to ground and protect yourself before attempting to Astral Project. I made the mistake of not doing this, you should also spend a couple months meditating to work out any fears, concerns, or anything else you may have that will rise up during a projection.

The vibrations for me are so pronounced there is no doubt that they are occurring when they happen, you don't sound so sure. It sounds like to me you were just experiencing one of the many weird feelings meditation will bring about, especially in the beginning. Everybody gets different feelings at different times through meditation so just because one person says you should have heavy limbs does not mean that will be the case with you personally, we are all different.

You should invest in some headphones & or iPod and some ear buds and get your hands on some Binaural beats for meditation. One this will help you get into the Trance state through meditation much sooner and quicker, and two this will block out any of the distracting noises you have in your designated meditation area. It will hit two birds with one stone and makes a lot of sense to do this. Go to http://sleepphones.com/downloads and download Penatonic Waves & A minor thing. These two were magic for me in the beginning, I advise you don't attempt Astral Projection yet just meditation.

No child attempts to ride a bike before he learns how to do so with training wheels does he? Well that is how you have to look at this, in the beginning spiritually we are children. We need to practice meditation for sometime before Astral Projection to get our training wheels, otherwise we will soon fall on our faces and be taken out of the game all together for some time. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:58 PM
ZombieBiscuit

Thanks Astral Explorer. I tryed while meditating tonight, and I tried the rope technique while on a deep state of meditation. I have no fears or concerns about this. I got these very pronounced vibrations and I had even a few spasms on my hands, but I couldn't get through them and project.

PS: I also used a technique I developed myself that worked much better than the rope technique. I imagined an energy ball that would take me somewhere, then I imagined myself grabing it and my AB leaving my physical body, the vibrations came much quicker and stronger but still nothing.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Leeroy1979

Zombie in all honesty I think that you are ready and the fact that you are trying you own visualisation techniques is demonstrating your competency. Do you have an end to your rope technique or do you just keep climbing ? Try to, when using the technique, have an exit strategy. Or just having something you wish to achieve whilst travelling might be the stimuli you need.

If you do have an exit strategy then I would just suggest to keep trying, it will come. Maybe not today or tomorrow but it will and I wish you luck.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBiscuit
So, I've been tying to astral project the last 2 days, but there are a few things I am confused with.

1. Relaxing body parts. Everyone says I must relax to the point that they feel very heavy, but that never happens.

2. I so far only used the rope technique, and even without meditation I can already feel some vibrations, but I don't know what to do from there and usually lose my concentration.

OBS: It is very noisy around here and it is hard to get into meditation state, so I didn't have the chance to try it while meditating. My friend mocked at me and sayd that it was hard to believe that I was getting the vibrations like that. She sayd that either I am a faker or the guy that is going to save humanity. Also, instead of feeling the body parts getting heavier after 10-15 minutes like most people, they feel VERY light and soon unexistant after just 5 minutes of meditation. Oh, also, she mentioned a merkada or something not sure if it means though. Do you think I may be going to fast for someone that just started?
1. Relaxation isn't a requirement, it just REALLY REALLY helps reduce your physical sensory input, which is really the end goal here.

I can tell you right now that you're not relaxing your body properly. Most people don't really know how to relax properly, so it's not your fault. Try this kind of relaxation: http://www.umm.edu/sleep/relax_tech.htm
That should help you. :)

2. Give my eBook a read. I've got several exercises in it with full explanations: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf

That should get you started. Don't give up though... you've only been at this a couple days, it could take you a good, long while to get the necessary basics down first.

Also, practice meditation. It *IS* the foundation upon which you do all this stuff.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Master
Zombie... Learning to develop the skill of astral projection takes time and persistence. Just keep at it steadily and you'll begin to see progress.

And it helps to do some more reading and study on the subject. I like "The Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman and there are many other good books.

Xan

Old 09-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Are you going too fast? Yes, learn how to ground and protect yourself before attempting to Astral Project. I made the mistake of not doing this, you should also spend a couple months meditating to work out any fears, concerns, or anything else you may have that will rise up during a projection.

No child attempts to ride a bike before he learns how to do so with training wheels does he? Well that is how you have to look at this, in the beginning spiritually we are children. We need to practice meditation for sometime before Astral Projection to get our training wheels, otherwise we will soon fall on our faces and be taken out of the game all together for some time. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Listen to this guy. I didn't listen to the people telling me to be cautious for years (16-21). I meditated for weeks before I got pulled to another world by a benevolent being. Some people recognize her as the Norse goddess Freyja. I was quite lucky it was her and not something trying to devour me. I trained under her for a few years in astral combat before exploring further.

But, even when you are confident in your abilities, bad things can still happen. I had an NDE from a very severe astral attack a few days ago, and someone I know well--a rival one might call it--pulled me into his world, into a body I used to use for ap, and she and I swapped bodies for a few hours. It might not sound too scary, but when you've studied a world for years, you know everything that could happen that you're not prepared for. And, the scariest part is thinking you'll never be able to return.

I don't get to astral project for a few days because of this, and I have to master grounding to make sure it doesn't happen again. Meditation is a good part of it, but grounding is essential to ensure your safety.

Even when you think you have no more issues, the astral plane can always throw a wrench in your plan and mess you up. I'm not trying to scare you. I just have personal experience with this, and I'd hate to see someone else suffer from making the same mistake.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 PM
ZombieBiscuit

Xan, I am currently reading the books by Robert Monroe, but I will look into this one as soon as I am done with his, thanks for point it out.

Vayara, what you describe sounds like the lower 4th dimension. Following the sacred geometry, there are the primary dimensions and then 13 subdimensions, in groups like: Low, where the scum is, Medium, where time is distorted and everything is beautiful but there isn't much more to it, and high, where people like the lady you described live. That is, if my friend is right.