Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Guide
Hoping "Tf person" is just a soul connection!!

I truly hope my special bond with this man is just a soul connection and not my TF !! It seems much more likely to end in a happy way. Although he does fit the TF description I am still hopeful that he is just a soul connection. Even though he is committed currently I would like to run off into the sunset with this special person even if it's not till I'm 70..

What do you guys feel is the defining differences between TF's and Soul Connection ??
Old 23-01-2012, 08:16 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicax
I truly hope my special bond with this man is just a soul connection and not my TF !! It seems much more likely to end in a happy way. Although he does fit the TF description I am still hopeful that he is just a soul connection. Even though he is committed currently I would like to run off into the sunset with this special person even if it's not till I'm 70..

What do you guys feel is the defining differences between TF's and Soul Connection ??

A Tf is a soul connection / soul mate. What I think you're asking is

TF vs. karmic soul mate vs. companion soul mate. Than again the companion soul mate stands out from the other two and I dont' think any of us would really confuse a companion soul mate with a karmic or tf. I think in most of our cases it really boils down to if we've met a karmic soul mate or a TF. And this becomes really hard to discern when you have a runner and are unable to figure out if theres any possible lessons being shown to you.

For me the similarities between me and my supposed TF was really what made me lean that way. Also the descriptions I've read about runners what so spot on that it just resonnated unlike anything regarding karmic soul mates that I've read. I also seen so many similarities in both of us from our personality to our stengths, weaknesses and fears and insecurities. We've also shared similar histories.
Old 23-01-2012, 08:23 PM
BeautifulLife

Some people will say it doesn't really matter what label you give them but I disagree at least in regards to finding inner peace over the connection. I doubt I would have gained the same level of understanding and peace if I was posting on another discussion board that wasn't specific to TFs. As you dial down the details you weed out a lot of the people that aren't in a similar situation as yourself. Like for instance if I was posting my experience on just a relationship board I'd be told a lot of advice that wouldn't resonnate and wouldn't be accurate to MY experience. Since posting here I've had a least a handful of people talk with me offline about their experiences and there are a lot of similarities. Its very helpful for a runner to have discussions with the stayers and vice versa.
Old 23-01-2012, 08:27 PM
DulcePoetica

Being connected at a soul level is a profound and terrifying responsibility. It is not a **** shoot with differing odds of happy outcomes based on some classifications and descriptions found on the internet.

There is no happy end. There is always a lifelong responsibility to the holistic well-being of each other. Care and reverence is in order whether it is "just a soul connection" as you say, or something else.

Just a soul connection??? Myself, I can't imagine uttering such words.
Old 23-01-2012, 08:32 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
Some people will say it doesn't really matter what label you give them but I disagree at least in regards to finding inner peace over the connection.
I actually agree with this quite a bit. It seems like so much work to go through and so many times I find myself wishing I knew for sure just for one minute so I could know if all this madness was worth it.

But the truth is, I do not control it. The emotional and intellectual calming that results from knowing it is "worth it" because it is a divinely orchestrated relationship does not last very long.

I suppose that is why I stay on the periphery of these boards. It is nice to have the benefit of a little external support once in a while. But I think in the end, what it is called is of little consequence when we are living within it fully.
Old 23-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Krystalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Being connected at a soul level is a profound and terrifying responsibility. It is not a **** shoot with differing odds of happy outcomes based on some classifications and descriptions found on the internet.

There is no happy end. There is always a lifelong responsibility to the holistic well-being of each other. Care and reverence is in order whether it is "just a soul connection" as you say, or something else.

Just a soul connection??? Myself, I can't imagine uttering such words.

This, so much.
Old 23-01-2012, 09:24 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:

I really hate labeling and categorizing, but I also recognize we're all only human, we rely on language to communicate, and words are labels and categories. So yeah, I find myself labeling and categorizing despite myself!

I have many "soul connections" in my life. Soul connections are not limited to male/female. You can have a deep soul connection to someone who's a friend, or even a family member. At the end of the day, we're all souls and connected somehow. What makes these special relationships special is that we had an instant affinity for each other, and the connection has stood the test of time, even without contact for years and years on end.

With such soul connections, you can have syncs (I even have syncs with some people in this group), shared dreams (how many of us had a baby/pregnancy dream recently?) and you can also have telepathy. For example, I can think of my soul friend and out of the blue she calls me and says she was thinking about me.

Some of these soul connections can become soul mates, if the chemistry and attraction is there. I consider my DH a "harmonious" soul mate, because we get along quite harmoniously, with many shared interests. It is an easy going relationship. I actually find it difficult to live with people and vastly prefer to have no roommates... I'm a bit of a loner in that regard. Even my closest and dearest soul friends -- cannot put up with them under same roof for more than a day or two. I often joke that the test of a harmonious soul mate is your ability to travel together, spending a week or more in a small hotel room, losing luggage, all that travel stress. DH is the only person I have ever found makes an ideal travel companion for me -- we have similar sleep/eat schedules, similar need to balance "alone" time with social contact, similar taste in food, and see eye-to-eye on what sight-seeing activities are on the "must do" list. It's a wonderful gift to find such a harmonious partner to share your life with.

I do not like the word "karma" or "karmic soul mate" but yes if we are labeling, I've had many of those too. Again, not necessarily of the romantic kind. It can be someone at work who makes my life miserable, but in retrospect I can see the value of the lesson. My first husband would fall into this category as well. I felt drawn to him the moment we met, without knowing why. We never had syncs or telepathy or anything like that, but something inside me said "give this guy a chance" and so I did. The marriage did not go well (obviously!) as we are divorced. But there was a rhyme and a reason and I have no regrets for the experience and the lessons. We both grew -- and learned so much about ourselves. That marriage clarified for me who I am, what I need to be happy, and what my ideals are. It did the same for him. We've been divorced for ages but get along well today; I can tell you it has been a practice in unconditional love. I do love him in that I wish the best for him, and it wasn't me. He and I have learned the delicate art of "agreeing to disagree." God bless anyone who can manage to do that within the marriage, and stay married. I just could not do it. I could do it once I was free and had my own space -- easier to maintain boundaries from afar.

TF... is something entirely different. It's beyond words, beyond rationality. Yes, there are similarities in that we do get along rather harmoniously, and although I have never traveled with him I have fairly good reason to suspect we would make good travel companions. The dreams, syncs, and telepathy are OFF. THE. CHARTS. And, fate always seems to be intervening. Magical things happen. Mind blowing stuff, which is what tends to spook me. I find I question my sanity; it's all just so surreal.

I am coming around to the understanding that the biggest difference is that this is an internal relationship/connection, more than an external one. Yes, we have that too... but it's the internal that is the differentiator. I would love to see his face again, to have him here, to hold him in my arms again... but I also know I can turn inward at any time ... and there he is.

Maybe he's "just" a Super 1000X soul mate and not a twin flame, and that's fine. Whatever it is, it's a wild ride.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Guide
TF... is something entirely different. It's beyond words, beyond rationality. Yes, there are similarities in that we do get along rather harmoniously, and although I have never traveled with him I have fairly good reason to suspect we would make good travel companions. The dreams, syncs, and telepathy are OFF. THE. CHARTS. And, fate always seems to be intervening. Magical things happen. Mind blowing stuff, which is what tends to spook me. I find I question my sanity; it's all just so surreal.

This is exactly how it is but I am just wishing for an easier route at this time I guess.. The whole TF thing is freaking me out especially because you can't really get rid of it. Even if you run in this life ! It seems like it just gets crazier and crazier! I am more relaxed with him in general right now but more freaked out about the concept. The ESP still freaks me out almost daily, the dreams keep coming.. I just don't understand how you can make it stop if you feel it is too much
Old 24-01-2012, 01:26 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:

I DON'T consider there to be a difference between the terms "Twin flame" and "soul connection." The spiritual bond is just that.....a connection between two souls. Some people just feel the need to add a label. It seems like that's the main focus: "Is this person my twin soul or are they something else?! Rather than what the purpose of it all is.

I don't because I see no need to define my connection by a label because it's not important to me, though if someone wants to put a label on it, then he is my twin soul.
Old 24-01-2012, 02:51 AM
DulcePoetica

Someone advised me once to ask my guides to lessen the intensity of the process. I did ask, and it worked. You might try asking them to be more gentle with you in your meditations.

If you don't meditate, well... That itself is a very good thing to help to calm the inner turbulence.