Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Experiencer
clearning negative energies and attracting positive

Hey guys,
I seem to have lots of negative energies, negative feelings, negative thoughts, get discouraged and feel down, etc. I do have good moments too though and have moments of feeling good and at peace, and can easily laugh with friends or watching comedies, etc. However I would love to minimize the negative as much as possible and raise my positive energies and vibrations so that I can feel happier most of the time, and so I can attract positive relationships. I have amazing friends, but when it comes to love life, I almost always attract damaged men and dysfunctional relationships. Not only do I attract them, but I somehow seem to fall in love with that type of man. This happens even if I'm not consciously aware of their issues at the time of meeting them.

Can you guys provide me with meditation techniques, guided meditation videos, anything of the sort to help me achieve this? Also, EFT is not my thing btw, I've tried it numerous time and I simply can't relate to this technique. I feel I would gain more progress with good guided meditation videos. I just don't really know what to look for.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:27 AM
If I were feeling the way you say I would listen to CDs of Abraham-Hicks around the clock!!!
This helps me get my head screwed on straight.

I would do other things also - but they would seem
like I was pushing stuff on you...
Like prayer, reading sciptures of your choice, reading things masters/yogis have said to guide us and inspire us....

It has been said - 'Bad mood - look at your thoughts'.
Control what you are thinking and what you are saying.

Good luck.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Master
I find any meditation helpful as it tends to allow me perspective on everyday life and I suppose through that I'm able to see situations with what may be called a little more clarity.

But in saying that I think what helped me most wasn't so much meditations guiding my life so much as awareness that I am responsible for everything that appears before me. In getting to that point and realising that situations where I would previously cast blame or fault outside myself I now take far greater responsibility and accept that I am at fault and to blame for what happens to me.

From there I kinda feel that it's not even a matter of fault or blame but realising that a process of making the sub conscious conscious is going on whereby the things I need to deal with are coming to light. So it all starts working together and a shift occurs whereby the supposedly negative aren't negative but positive in the sense that they are engendering growth.

Recently I ended up in something that I could have left behind at the beginning as I got hints it was going to go pear shaped but I went in anyways. It ended up quite rough and I had to really work hard to get out and not get drawn back in and I've learned a great deal about myself in doing the whole thing... which incidentally is still going strong from the other end... she just won't let go... Even as I write shes txt'ing me again!!!

It really is hard to not get drawn in but at the same time look into yourself and try and realise what's bringing this stuff to oneself. But it also has a way of getting more and more ridiculous despite the pain it brings. So go in if you feel you have to but know that it's all about learning... it's not win or lose but learning. If they don't want to learn and cast you as the one at fault... so be it. And one might even think that accepting fault is winning... maybe it even is.

Don't try and make it right... just try and make it!
Old 24-12-2011, 05:45 AM
misscelt

Hi! I also have been working on kicking out my neg thoughts since they only seem to bring me bad stuff. I just finished reading a book, soul psychology, that was very good. In it he mentioned to record some affirmations for yourself and play them while you are sleeping.

I went and got a cheapie mp3 player and some earbuds, then typed out the affirmations I wanted and used a free text to mp3 recorder to do the work for me. It does sound a bit robotic, and you do have to give it a listen through to make sure the words come off the way you want them to. Ex: "I expect health" played back sounding like "I expect hell" and I really don't want THAT in my subconscious mind, lol!

Not sure how well it will work in the end since I've only done it for a few days in a row now, but it seems to be doing something. I guess you are supposed to do it for 3 weeks- a month straight without skipping a day to re-train yourself.
Old 26-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Master
I think when people talk of 'negative energies' they reach for some external cause which disturbs their contentment and peace of mind. By that same token reaching for 'positive energies' indicates an external force which brings contentment.

Second to that I notice a swing toward affirmation or other means of reprogramming thought habits, which is a recognition of the internal thought pattern.

Mr Interesting takes the direct approach of becoming conscious of what previously was subconsciously disturbing his peace of mind, and gives an example of where an old behaviour pattern came into view giving him insight as to how he disrupts his own well being.

The meditation technique which is effective works to make one become aware of the subconscious habits, emotional blocks and reactivity which disturb them... which is just as Mr Interesting said.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Experiencer
I am aware that I am responsible for this (hence why I said I have negative thoughts and emotions... I create my own thoughts, nobody creates them for me). Bad experiences led to negative thoughts and emotions which led to more bad experiences and so on. Now kinda seem to be stuck in this vicious circle, and realizing I'm having a hard time letting go of these negative thoughts.

Thoughts, emotions and behaviors all interact with each other and influence each other. I know that changing any of the three in a positive way will have a positive impact on the other two. Changing my behavior helps me momentarily (while doing the action, e.g. during a fun outing with a friend), but the results arent permanent. I'd like to work more on changing my thoughts and\or emotions. Catching myself in my thoughts to replace them with positive ones isnt so easy.

Anyone knows how to help me with this? Good guided meditation videos to recommend that I listen to on a daily basis (with the hopes that it will then be easier to break free of this cycle?). Once I feel better, I believe better things will start happening to me.

Btw, liked your suggestion misscelt! How has it been working for you so far, since you posted this?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 PM
misscelt

Considering all the stress I've been under the past few weeks, I am somehow not getting horribly depressed like I usually would and I'm suprisingly hopeful. I kind of wish I had a more normal month to try this in so it would be a better "control experiment" so to speak, but I've been keeping up with it every night until the earbuds fall out.

Another thing I realized I could do a few days ago was to turn off my cellphone once my family got home. Just being off the grid for awhile, and for a couple days over the weekend has done wonders for my attitude and outlook.
Old 14-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Master
Learn to play with your ego...

Your life and your body in it are at play...

The greater the distance between your sense of self and an ability to see that sense of self the more you can come into now and just see it all as charade, or play, that is acting out.

It isn't so much that one replaces negative with positive, as they're both part of the same coin, but that your ability to apply distance from involvement allows peace to come in... or be more apparent.

I personally don't have any more positive energy in my life than I have negative so much as I'm less connected to positive or negative being of matter to me.

I suppose then it's about stepping lightly upon the grass... and wanting and expecting less of that outside fuelling the essential me.
Old 22-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Timberwolf

Hi kindheart,
I feel for you. I have ADD and know how hard it is to meditate. I always have stray thoughts coming through ruining my meditation, so I'm kind of curious about any guided meditation techniques others may suggest to you.
Last night I watched a documentary called "What The Bleep Do We Know: Down The Rabbit Hole". It was very interesting and one part I think would be especially interesting to you is their explination emotions, self generating thoughts and our addiction to emotions. It's availiable on youtube but I downloaded a very good torrent.
Another good documentary is "Spirit Space".
Hope this helps,
Best wishes

Last edited by Timberwolf : 22-01-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: grammer error
Old 23-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
Hey guys,
I seem to have lots of negative energies, negative feelings, negative thoughts, get discouraged and feel down, etc. I do have good moments too though and have moments of feeling good and at peace, and can easily laugh with friends or watching comedies, etc. However I would love to minimize the negative as much as possible and raise my positive energies and vibrations so that I can feel happier most of the time, and so I can attract positive relationships. I have amazing friends, but when it comes to love life, I almost always attract damaged men and dysfunctional relationships. Not only do I attract them, but I somehow seem to fall in love with that type of man. This happens even if I'm not consciously aware of their issues at the time of meeting them.

Can you guys provide me with meditation techniques, guided meditation videos, anything of the sort to help me achieve this? Also, EFT is not my thing btw, I've tried it numerous time and I simply can't relate to this technique. I feel I would gain more progress with good guided meditation videos. I just don't really know what to look for.

kindheart - I listen to Karla LaVoie tapes.
"Garden of Light" is the guided meditation tape I use almost exclusively to build positive associations with my inner guide.

http://karlalavoie.com/tapes.htm

Side 1: A journey to the inner temple. Deep relaxation, guided imagery and peaceful music create a sacred garden for meditation and healing.

Side 2: A guided meditation designed to unite the effects of imagery, music and color to create balance and healing within the seven spiritual centers.

"Earth Mother" is a good guided meditation tape too and takes you on a journey to heal the earth.

Hope these 2 tapes help.

Blackraven