Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-10-2011, 10:20 AM
HallowsEve

Question Something big is happening, not sure where to go from here...

Ok, some background information.

I have been Atheist most of my life, never believing at all. Then I was Agnostic for about 2 years.. and then I started to feel that that wasn't right either.

In the past say, 2 weeks, I feel like something is becoming known to me. About a week ago I was thinking about this strange new sensation and it occured to me, that I believe in God. I find this odd because I didn't go looking for it.. it just came to me. I feel like something is making itself known to me, at first I couldn't figure out what but now I am certain that it is God...

I've never had anything like this before, never have been religious. I feel the urge to pray sometimes when I didn't before, out of nowhere.. and when I do pray, it doesn't feel empty. I have tried to pray in the past out of desperation in certain situations but without belief - but now I believe. It feels very different.

I feel some sort of protection and a sense of love in me I didn't have before, and I feel more greatful and at peace with what I have.

Also: There are a lot of things in the Bible I disagree with, I haven't read it but have read lots about different passages online etc. I am a bisexual female, see nothing wrong with this at all, I don't think it should be discriminated against. I really do believe in being tolerant and accepting. I'm not sure I'm ready to start going to a church, I don't even know if I can call myself a Christian..

I'm just so confused! I've only told one person so far and she is an online friend. Also, maybe I should add: I am currently in a huge turning point in my life. Some of you may know from a previous thread I made that a good friend of mine recently committed suicide, and I have decided to stop contact with an abusive family member that had mistreated me for many years. All this has happened in this month, October 2011, and now I have these unusual feelings. Do you think it is related to this, at all?

I am greatful for anyones input/advice/help on this..
Old 24-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Experiencer

I think that you have been touched by God.

Jim
Old 25-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Master
Remember to never lose that doubting mind as an Atheist, question everything, until you cannot question anymore, don't get caught up in the emotions of what is happening at the moment, in fact never become conditioned by any belief system, be it Atheist, Christianity, or any ideologies, you only need to find your self, through yourself only.
Old 25-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowsEve

... I really do believe in being tolerant and accepting. I'm not sure I'm ready to start going to a church, I don't even know if I can call myself a Christian..

I'm just so confused! I've only told one person so far and she is an online friend. Also, maybe I should add: I am currently in a huge turning point in my life. Some of you may know from a previous thread I made that a good friend of mine recently committed suicide, and I have decided to stop contact with an abusive family member that had mistreated me for many years. All this has happened in this month, October 2011, and now I have these unusual feelings. Do you think it is related to this, at all?

It is ok to feel precisely how you are telling us you feel about things, tolerant/accepting of Christianity yet not wanting to go to church or considering yourself a Christian. It's all OK.

It has to be confusing to live through the trauma of losing a good friend to suicide and the other thing, no more contact w/abusive fam member. They are both some of the most highly charged, emotional things that can happen in a person's life. Who is to say whether this does create some sort of turning point that also involves gosh, maybe extra 'invisible' help in the form of guardians/angels/spirits, that sort of thing, to be around you and you simply sense / feel their protective, loving essense or whatever you want to call that. I believe this has happened to me and others that I've known. Just sharing ~ hope it helps some.

Old 25-10-2011, 01:03 AM
nightowl

Hey HallowsEve,

Quote:
In the past say, 2 weeks, I feel like something is becoming known to me. About a week ago I was thinking about this strange new sensation and it occured to me, that I believe in God. I find this odd because I didn't go looking for it.. it just came to me. I feel like something is making itself known to me, at first I couldn't figure out what but now I am certain that it is God...

This is a wonderful thing, becoming aware of the Divine, God, Great Spirit, Source or whatever you feel comfortable calling that connection...it is not necessary to go to church to experience or appreciate God, it is your spiritual journey walk it out as it reveals itself to you... Wanting to connect is a great place to start, seek and it will all unfold to you.
Old 28-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:

Be careful of those feeling be careful. I know the one who’s basically saying God is calling you, could be wrong. though you’re feeing a little different than you once did. You still feel…”nothing wrong with this at all” though his word shows it’s NOT ok…(Levi.20:13-If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them). Many wants to see is as “discrimination”, instead of understand God wants us NOT to be with the same sex.

God won’t call any who refuse to respect his words. Instead he will help them to believe what they choose to believe. because of selfishness, (it’s about what I really want),…(2Thess.2:10-12, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness). I do understand why Jehovah and his son feels this way!

Also Jesus showed one would have to learn his Father, before the Father sends us to Jesus, (meaning to learn from him),John 6:44,45- No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. You said…”I feel the urge to pray sometimes when I didn't before, out of nowhere.. and when I do pray, it doesn't feel empty” Sorry, I’m not being mean, but speaking what many won’t. Jesus was persecuted Because, first the false ministers didn’t want to believe he was the son of God. But mainly because he called them out on their false teachings.

if satan knows what you’re fighting against, which is God’s word on your lifestyle. It’s this, that’ll keep you right where he’s wants you, so that you will be destroyed. We can’t serve God, (I know you didn’t say you were trying to serve him. Speaking in general, which includes myself), and serve the devil at the same time. Though satan will be cool with it, Jehovah and Jesus wouldn’t. Satan can make even ministers seem as though they’re sent from God. When they’re really NOT. Just as satan can make things seem as though it’s of God, (2Cor.11:13-15, For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works).

You said you “now believe“, someone said to basically hold on to your old beliefs… Remember God’s word,(1Pet.5:8- Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour, seeking whom he may devour). If one is not with you, he’ll be against you, and Satan doesn’t want anyone’s life saved. because he knows he will be destroyed, (Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time).

To be a servant of Jehovah, a follower of Jesus. We have to be willing to live a life pleasing to him. It can be hard at times, because satan is on the attack. Still It’s easy to understand, if we have no fears of another human, or selfishness within ourselves. I’m sorry for your lost, and glad you’re removed from the abuse. The answer to your question is pretty simple, Satan will make one feel it’s of God. If and when you decide to seek the God of Israel. He’ll send you to his son…you will truly see the different. Peace
Old 29-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Also: There are a lot of things in the Bible I disagree with, I haven't read it but have read lots about different passages online etc.
Perhaps you should begin reading the Bible for yourself rather than relying on what people say about it online. Not everything people say about the Bible there is accurate. If you need help in understanding it you can find some good sources of help here:

http://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/recommended-sites/
Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:

I have been Atheist most of my life, never believing at all. Then I was Agnostic for about 2 years.. and then I started to feel that that wasn't right either.

I've never had anything like this before, never have been religious. I feel the urge to pray sometimes when I didn't before, out of nowhere.. and when I do pray, it doesn't feel empty. I have tried to pray in the past out of desperation in certain situations but without belief - but now I believe. It feels very different.

I feel some sort of protection and a sense of love in me I didn't have before, and I feel more greatful and at peace with what I have.

Also: There are a lot of things in the Bible I disagree with, I haven't read it but have read lots about different passages online etc. I am a bisexual female, see nothing wrong with this at all, I don't think it should be discriminated against. I really do believe in being tolerant and accepting. I'm not sure I'm ready to start going to a church, I don't even know if I can call myself a Christian..

do what you feel the need to do. but as i said earlier, if you're seeking answers,go to God. because books!...that aren't inspired by God. WON'T give you the answers you need, it goves many the answers they sometimes WANTS to hear/see. and God sends does his people to help those who's seeking, he always have, be-it online or not. it just depends on if one wants to hear it. again i hope you find the truth. peace
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Experiencer
Leviticus 20:13, in the original Hebrew below, does not say what the translation provided above says.

ואיש אשר ישכב את־זכר משכבי אשה תועבה עשו שניהם מות יומתו דמיהם בם

B'shalom,
Peter

Last edited by RabbiO : 04-11-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:44 PM
mattie

Awakening

You are going through some big changes aren’t you? It is wonderful that you are taking charge w/ stopping contact w/ the abusive family member.

It sounds like you’re awakening. Many are going through the first steps of this process right now w/ you. There are others here who are a few steps further along who will be able to help you every step of the way. There are people of all levels (stages of their journey) on this site. You also have your own team of spiritual guides (nonphysical) that you can have give you guidance. Both the personal guides & those who are earthly wayshowers are there for you 24/7.

As a bisexual female, expect for most organized religions to be disapproving as most of them are disapproving of anything but heterosexual couples even though this is beginning to change a little bit. If you’re looking for an organized religion, the Unitarians may be useful as they are tolerant about sexual orientations. An Internet search engine will show more religions that are tolerant about non-heterosexual orientation.

There is a whole area of spirituality outside of any particular organized religion. The Bible is the religious document for one particular organized religion. One can have a very strong & satisfying spiritual belief system outside of organized religion’s fairly restrictive beliefs. Some organized religions are better than others, but none of them really gets it right! So it is really necessary to peruse various belief systems, choosing what makes sense for you from multiple ones. Use what works for you this week, having the flexibility to experience something else next week. This exploration is very useful.

As you’re exploring this new connection to spirituality, read various things, but don’t feel obligated to adopt any particular belief at once. We can file any or all new beliefs in a Hmmm? Under Consideration mental file to peruse later. They can stay there as long as needed, be modified, moved to the belief category, or tossed in the metaphysical waste bin. TRUST your gut feeling as you peruse new beliefs. There’s allot of information out there. Be leery of those who want to sell information or those who are know it alls. There's more than sufficient info. out there on sites like this to not have to pay anything. Check out the various posts in the different categories as their is allot of information here. The know it alls seldom really know very much at all. Those who do know allot understand they have just begun to learn & the more we learn, the more we see that we have to experience & explore. It’s an eternal process of exploring our energies & the Universe.

There are many views of God. Organized religion often uses the imagery of the separate, controlling parental deity. Many have moved past this to a view of God as the unified Universe of which we are part. This view of the unified Universe w/o a ruling deith is equally as loving, wonderful, & spiritual as we viewed the older image of God ruling us & the Universe. Some would say much more wonderful & loving!

By reaching out to get more information about this you're taking a very empowering step. Congratulations. Give your self time to sort this out. KNOW that you will.

Enjoy your journey as it is a journey of ✧✩☆JOY☆✩✧.