Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 02-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Knower
Anger Management

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what I could do to help my being at angry at people so much even when they do irritating things.

I've tried a variety of self help books and sights and It just doesn't seem to work for me.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Ascender

Examine why you're getting angry; what's causing it? Just as you feel an onset of rage, take a deep breath and look at the situation. Know that if you're getting angry at everyone, it's not everyone else who's at fault.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Jason72

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeXx...&feature=feedf
Old 02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Knower
Awesome video and thanks for the replies.

I guess upon seeing that I need to switch my words...It's not that I get always angry everyone...I'm just usually angry with me and the situation i'm in.

I definitively will try to work on what you said ROM.

Thank you both.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Mlk

I used to get uncontrollably angry quite often and easily, and no mental techniques really helped me. A gluten-free diet has me feeling much better and less annoyed. Look into it- it could change everything! Try googling gluten and anger or mental problems, etc.
Old 25-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Dougles

Some effective tips for anger management are:
Start some workout and be regular,
Think before you speak,
Express your anger when you are calm,
Avoid holding grudge.
Old 25-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Knower
I got angry quite often and still sometimes do. My problem was I hated not being in control. Example, my mother-in-law would call and TELL me to bring some ingredient with us when we come for dinner that night instead of asking. She still does it and it still irks me, but I realized I got mad because I couldn't control how she did thing. That was just how she was and I had to deal with it. I still sometimes get so angry and thank my loving husband for patching up the holes I put in a wall once in a blue moon, but it's definitely a work in progress.

@Mlk - I've heard of the gluten-free diet but I had no idea it could help with anger. I'll have to look into it. Thanks!
Old 25-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Master
Wildfire... Yes, it's good to look more closely into what you're really angry about. As you said, you're more angry at yourself or a situation, which is actually frustration rather than anger.

So, rather than just trying to manage an anger or frustration pattern, it works better to explore the feelings underneath those.

Usually there's some kind of fear or powerlessness - a sense of "I can't do anything about it" - that gives rise to those other emotions.... but you can understand yourself more by looking into What's Underneath?... and dealing with those core emotions.

This way with more self awareness and letting go it's possible to get free of the anger pattern altogether. Then you may find new ways of dealing with difficult situations.

Xan

Old 26-02-2012, 01:16 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire1992
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what I could do to help my being at angry at people so much even when they do irritating things.

Anger is healthy... take ownership of it... allow it to pass through you without resistance and watch closely what's stimulating this response...

Anger is natural in nature... when we experience resistance we can employ this feeling of anger to motivate us toward action in the place of passivity..
Anger does not have to be "hateful"... we need not hate what we're addressing... but we shouldn't ignore it either...

Personally I love anger... right now I'm angry at the medical community and I'm leveraging this anger to understand their perspective in relation to what
else is available... the reformatting of my inner matrix in relation to this subject is being converted into action/change in a surprisingly
trans-formative way.

This same focus worked very well in addressing my youthful addiction to religion... Anger at the way in which they constrained free-thought moved
me steadily through the study of both the history of this process, and the way it's generally employed in order to hold another in place (based on the
inner psychiatry of the stories they embed in our thoughts-about-things)

If you find yourself angry at an "individual" then chances are it's not about them... they're simply acting as a trigger for much deeper frustrations that
are circling your thoughts... again, watch for what's moving you independently of the person them-self.. and by no means feel guilty while
doing so.... the moment you feel "guilty" you turn your anger on yourself and then float instead in a sea of self-doubt....

My soul goal in life is "revelation"... I want to know what's going on, and why... sometimes anger is the best tool for diving into the root of what ails
us, and for uncovering the "hidden" that lies behind the facade of projected appearances...

Don't reject your anger, feel lucky you have it... it suggests you're motivated enough to move forward.. people who "fear" anger will often
become doormats... in the servitude/service of those who employ their energies to entrap followers....