Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 28-09-2011, 05:54 AM
jturk

are we able to change & grow even though we are already immortal beings

i think of it like this. if we are created as eternal, immortal beings. im assuming that god or whoever created us perfect. i dont mean that arrogantly. so im wondering, what is the point of reincarnation. in what ways do we change & grow or improve?
Old 28-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Neville

change is a universal constant, evolution a continuing masterpiece. I don't know whether improvement or even progress come into this constant change as it seems that change is really all there is. In the absence of this change/evolution, what would we be left with to do collectively.

We never really arrive at aa point where we can say, OK thats that finished and done, because nature dictates that as one thng is completed another is begun.

Best wishes Neville
Old 28-09-2011, 11:32 AM
kislany

Personally I don't think eternal, immortal equals 'all knowing" or perfect.

We reincarnate over and over again until we learn the lessons that we need to learn and grow, until we eventually learned all that needed to be learned as souls and we reunite with the One (whatever or whoever that One is). Or so the saying goes...
Old 01-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Scottmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk
i think of it like this. if we are created as eternal, immortal beings. im assuming that god or whoever created us perfect. i dont mean that arrogantly. so im wondering, what is the point of reincarnation. in what ways do we change & grow or improve?
Have you ever learned something? Something you really enjoyed learning and feel will make a difference in your life?

You bet you can learn and grow. You can't imagine right now how great of an expansion you are capable of.

No one here seems to have any idea at all just how much you can grow. (this is not meant as a put down, just a reference that it is allot)
Old 01-10-2011, 02:01 PM
mattie

Perfection Is Really N/A

I agree w/ kislany that it is an assumption that if we were created the energy that created us must be perfect. It’s somewhat unclear if ‘whoever created us perfect’ means that whoever created us is perfect or that we were created as being perfect.

That we are here, experiencing physicality & the nuances of being human doesn’t mean that we aren’t perfect. We are here to learn things we can’t experience in other dimensions.

That said, what we call being ‘perfect’ bears examination. Organized religion has emphasized how God is perfect & we are soooooooo (supposedly) imperfect for millennia. Utter disinformation intended to institute polarity thinking (us- imperfect vs God- perfect), creating as much distance between the energies we call God & us as possible. We really never are perfected. We continue expanding, exploring the nuances of the Universe for eternity. Always have, always will! We just don’t remember our prior explorations. ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

Reincarnation can be about karma, finding balance or seeing other views of a situation. There are others who’ve incarnated here whose visit isn’t involved w/ karma resolution. They have incarnated here to help w/ awakening. Doreen Virtue discusses various groups of those who are here whose journey isn’t involved w/ karma resolution in ‘Realms of the Earth Angels’ the update of 2002’s ‘Earth Angels’.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Ascender

We are like flowers. We start out as seeds and through experiencing we grow and mature until finally we bloom and become fully aware ego's.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Master
we have no choice but to change and grow, eventually, we can not help evolution of our spirit/soul, it is what it's programed to do.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Enya

If we were perfect, we wouldn't be here, debating this.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Deactivated Account

I always thought of it as that we are here and are in s....

You know - I was about to type that we have in some way limiting ourselves to be able to experience things a fresh without already knowing the outcome.

However, I had a rising tide of falsehood from it.

I am not so sure.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Ascender

Athymari, I think you're right. To experience reality in this density, completely oblivious of our spiritual origins, is quite the adventure indeed and alot can be gained from this, good and bad alike.