Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-08-2011, 11:50 AM
earthprowler

Highly Sensitive People

Attributes and Characteristics of Being Highly Sensitive

Emotionally, Highly Sensitive People (HSP) are mainly seen as shy, introverted and socially inhibited (or can be socially extroverted). They are often acutely aware of other's emotions. Sensitive people learn early in life to mask their wonderful attributes of sensitivity, intuition and creativity.

Physically, HSPs may have low tolerance to noise, glaring lights, strong odors, clutter and/or chaos. They tend to have more body awareness of themselves and know instinctually when the environment they are in is not working for them.

Socially, introverted HSP may feel like misfits. They actually enjoy their own company and are totally comfortable being alone. Both introverted and socially extroverted HSP often find they need time alone to recover after social interactions.

Psychologically, HSPs compensate for their sensitivity by either protecting themselves by being alone too much, or, by trying to be 'normal' or sociable which then over-stimulates them into stress.

Work and career is particularly challenging for HSPs. They are often overlooked for promotions even though they are usually the most conscientious employees. They are excellent project oriented employees because they are responsible and thorough in their work.

Relationships can be difficult. In relationships they may be confronted with their unresolved personal issues. They can however, offer their partner the gifts of their intuitive insights.

Culturally, HSPs do not fit the tough, stoic and outgoing ideals of modern society and what is portrayed in the entertainment media.

Childhood wounds have a more devastating effect on HSPs. It is important for them to heal their past hurts because they cannot just forget them and go on in denial.

Spiritually, sensitive people have a greater capacity for inner searching. This is one of their greatest blessings.

Nutritionally, HSPs may need more simplicity in their diet. They may be vitally aware of the effects of food on the health of their body and their emotional stability.

http://www.sensitiveperson.com/

what's your view?
Old 25-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account

I think you just described me lol

Apart from the childhood wounds - had that but i am not in denial :p

In all I think its near impossible to get people to 'fit' into lists ;p
Old 25-08-2011, 11:59 AM
not human

check, check, check, check .......thats me.....guess we're done :)
Old 25-08-2011, 12:09 PM
mattie

Desentization

There are some very good self help books about HSP.

The sensitive in HSP doesn’t necessarily mean they are spiritually or energetically sensitive as in one who is psychic, but that they have a sensitivity to stimuli, & can be easily overwhelmed. Some energetically sensitive people may also be HSPs & there is a tendency for some to be more susceptible to noise & crowds as they expand their consciousness, but this is a little different from those who are HSPs.

HSP is a real condition. I know someone who is a classic HSP & was diagnosed as such by their therapist. In learning about this & doing energy medicine w/ the therapist they have substantially desensitized their self. In this person’s case there was definitely substantial healing to do.
Old 25-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Master
earthprowler - Thanks for that list. I think for a lot of us HSP you could add "retreats in areas of creativity" (painting, drawing, writing, music, etc.).

Blackraven
Old 25-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Twinflamefound

Lol....this is all me, except the social shyness. I am like that for 5 minutes with new people then I'm fine.
Having said that, I do need to come home and ground myself after any social event and don't cope well if I have a few things on in one day and won't be going home for a while.
Old 25-08-2011, 12:43 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
There are some very good self help books about HSP.

The sensitive in HSP doesn’t necessarily mean they are spiritually or energetically sensitive as in one who is psychic, but that they have a sensitivity to stimuli, & can be easily overwhelmed. Some energetically sensitive people may also be HSPs & there is a tendency for some to be more susceptible to noise & crowds as they expand their consciousness, but this is a little different from those who are HSPs.

HSP is a real condition. I know someone who is a classic HSP & was diagnosed as such by their therapist. In learning about this & doing energy medicine w/ the therapist they have substantially desensitized their self. In this person’s case there was definitely substantial healing to do.

I never used to be so susceptible to crowds, for a few years if i was going shopping, i would go later in the day because other wise i had to leave because i got so agitated and couldn't escape them or the noise. Now I work at Walmart in the deli and there are days when it is soooooo overwhelming I could just fall down into the fetal position.....not to mention all of the emotions running around there! the only place to get away from it is the cooler!! LOL. If I can get my self to regroup by doing some deep breathing, I'm ok, other wise I have to go on auto pilot to block it out. At home I just retreat to the bedroom to get away.
Old 25-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Master
i've been a recluse for more than a decade.
Old 25-08-2011, 12:48 PM
moke64916

I am highly intuitive or sensitive if you wish. But I have learned to turn off my intuition at will and turn it on when I so choose. I am an extrovert. I am highly intuitive and just know stuff about people and feel their energy.
Old 25-08-2011, 01:41 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I am highly intuitive or sensitive if you wish. But I have learned to turn off my intuition at will and turn it on when I so choose. I am an extrovert. I am highly intuitive and just know stuff about people and feel their energy.

and you get the bugged eyed look when you tell them anything and "how'd you know that" question? that's what i get when i read someone's energy.