Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Tammy

What are the chances??

OK, i have come up with a theory, and i may be horribly off base, and please note, i mean no disrepect to anyone.

I have been thinking alot these days.

Some people are lesbian, or homosexual, or they feel like they are trapped in the opposite gender'd body (eg. a women feels like she should have been a man), could this stem from ones past life, what i mean is, maybe say a women today feels like she is in the wrong body, because in her past life, she used to be a man, and maybe still harbours some of that masculinity from her past life.

what is everyones thoughts on this?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Suspended
Hiya Tammy

Yep, it's a theory.

Squatch
Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Tammy

LOL, in other words you think i am loosing the plot !!! hahaha
Old 08-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
OK, i have come up with a theory, and i may be horribly off base, and please note, i mean no disrepect to anyone.

I have been thinking alot these days.

Some people are lesbian, or homosexual, or they feel like they are trapped in the opposite gender'd body (eg. a women feels like she should have been a man), could this stem from ones past life, what i mean is, maybe say a women today feels like she is in the wrong body, because in her past life, she used to be a man, and maybe still harbours some of that masculinity from her past life.

what is everyones thoughts on this?

I agree but I also that we can choose to have that experience, to teach others about tolerance. They choose to be "confused" for lack of a better term so that others can learn to accept their difference.
Old 30-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Master

There are also some people who are genetically the opposite sex than they appear. Many factors in this scenario.
Old 30-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Terracotta

I'm a lesbian, and I haven't been incarnating exclusively or even primarily as a man prior to now. I feel like a woman - albeit an odd one - and I like other women. Simple as that, and I'm more inclined to go towards present-life factors including my biology or my upbringing when it comes to an explanation for why.

I think the reincarnation theory has some potential for some people, but in many cases it just won't hold water. Not as it stands, anyway.
Old 30-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Medium_Laura

I have been a man in a ton of lives, I still FEEL like a man in my head, but with the body of a woman. I'm heterosexual but have been bi-sexual in the past.

I find it difficult to relate to women as friends and I have more male friends than women.

Yes Terracotta, I don't think it is a cookie cutter theory, but for some, it could be true.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:23 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I have been a man in a ton of lives, I still FEEL like a man in my head, but with the body of a woman. I'm heterosexual but have been bi-sexual in the past.

I find it difficult to relate to women as friends and I have more male friends than women.

Yes Terracotta, I don't think it is a cookie cutter theory, but for some, it could be true.

I can relate to that. I've always felt that I have quite a lot of both male and female traits. Probably because I've had equal amounts of being both genders in lives past. Can't really say that I was ever bi-sexual or homosexual though. I don't get any feelings of truth about it, when I stop to think about it. Guess I'm perfectly fine with being either gender in any given life time, to not have it be an issue.

I do tend to get along with males better then females. But I think it more that I can't get into the whole negative aspects of female pettiness, gossipiness, trendiness and general inability to get down and dirty with doing "man's work".
Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM
mattie

Same Sex Orientation Can Be Natural

It’s likely that for many being homosexual or lesbian doesn’t have anything to do w/ being trapped, conflicted, or having issues from a past life hat are carrying over. For some it could.

We tend to ascribe negative causes for things that are out of the norm, not seeing different as OK.