Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-06-2011, 03:42 AM
ivy71983

How does one truly let go and trust in God

Hi Guys,

Im noticing a problem im having (which has been pointed out by others as well as by my self) that im having an issue in truly letting go, not trying to take control of every situation, and truly trusting in God and that he will handle things. Ive been dealing with some hard times where i feel im on my own to change things and guess im trying to take control of everything and force things to happen with no success. (this is pertaining to finding work) In my head i know God is looking after me and i fel that he has alot in store for me but i don't know how to just stop and let him take over. Meaning how to just relax and know what im doing is enough. I always feel like i need to be doing more than what im doing to make things happen and at times when i pray, i feel guilty and selfish for asking for things (which makes no sense right?) It's like i feel God needs a break and i should take care of things on my own.

Im use to being in situations where im on my own so im use to having to do it and don't know any other way. Ive even started meditating a year ago for clarity. I guess i just feel like im stuck and not getting any further and what i should do (truly trust in God) i dont know how to do and i feel like a fake or failure because of this. Can anyone help me figure this out please . . . i really need clarity so my life can be better than what it is. Thank You all . . .
Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Master
Sometimes we choose to place our trust in God, which we do, and then ignore the messages we are given in response. I am reminded of the story of the guy stuck on the desert island that asked God for help. 3 boats showed up which the guy waved away because he was waiting for God's direct help! Even though we are always given a response when we ask, we sometimes ignore the message if its not in the form we think it should be.

My suggestion is to notice any repetitive thoughts or images that arise. I normally experience a message as an 'inspired' thought. Like a call to take action, even if its not a massively significant action, it might just be a thought to 'take a bath'! Trusting in God for me is simply about asking, listening and being open to the response, and then taking the step. My guess is that the thought you had to meditate was an 'inspired' thought.

I just listened to my guidance and heard to ask you if you are clear about what you want from your life. Do you have a big dream? When we get clear about our biggest and most joyful dreams, I think it becomes easier to listen to the inspired messages we are given.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:34 AM
astroboy

Ivy,

Here's stanza from Sikh Scriptures that can help you.

Tilang, Fifth Mehl, Third House:

Merciful, the Lord Master is Merciful.

My Lord Master is Merciful.

He gives His gifts to all beings. ||Pause||

Why do you waver, O mortal being? The Creator Lord Himself shall protect you.

He who created you, will also give you nourishment. ||1||

The One who created the world, takes care of it.

In each and every heart and mind, the Lord is the True Cherisher. ||2||

His creative potency and His value cannot be known; He is the Great and carefree Lord.

O human being, meditate on the Lord, as long as there is breath in your body. ||3||

O God, You are all-powerful, inexpressible and imperceptible; my soul and body are Your capital.

By Your Mercy, may I find peace; this is Nanak's lasting prayer. ||4||3||
Old 08-06-2011, 10:05 AM
mattie

Fully Supported By God/the Universe

You aren’t on your own. While you may not be able to see others who support you, you can connect w/ them energetically. Feel their strength in trying times & let this help you find your own strength.

It isn’t selfish to ask for things, particularly when these are just wanting to live a normal comfortable lifestyle. This is different from asking God for excessive luxury goods. Toss out the guilt about this. Guilt is very low frequency & won't help you.

My view of God or the Universe is not tied into the parental dynamic or God having a gender, either male or female. This doesn’t diminish the importance of this energy at all though. We are partners w/ what we call God. We have a vast spiritual team who we can call on at any time to help guide us.

This may seem ironic, but part of trusting in God/the Universe is TRUSTing in our self. As we TRUST self we establish our sense of worthiness. Another metaphysical irony is going deep within to achieve Oneness. KNOW that you will handle whatever occurs in your life.

It is interesting that you are perceiving that you ‘... should take care of things on my own.’ This isn’t because God is too busy or tired of you reaching out, but because you are being given the message loud & clear that YOU ARE CAPABLE. Give your self a BIG energetic hug for hearing this message. It’s a very important one. Our spiritual team & God have an unlimited capacity to connect w/ us. Never feel you are connecting w/ them too much.

The higher energies are there to support us, but it isn’t their job to do it for us. This isn’t because they don’t care. They do, but they know that to do it for us would rob us of the growth experience. An ancient Chinese proverb still holds true today, ‘Give a man a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you’ve fed him for a lifetime.’

The feeling that you should be doing more is one that is shared by many when we get the impetus to explore our spirituality more. This feeling is what propels us to move past our current boundaries.

The feeing stuck may just be your shifting to a new cycle. Our energy goes through continual active cycles where we learn & experience, then a quiet integrative one where we fully absorb what we’ve experienced & learned. Both of these cycles are vital. It isn’t unusual to feel that one has stalled or even regressed when in the integrative portion of the cycle. When we enter a new phase we can find that past spiritual techniques may no longer interest us. When this happens it is likely we have learned all we can from them & are ready to more on to exploring different territory.

Don’t waste energy feeling like a fake or failure. You are neither. You are questioning things & this is very positive. You have likely made much more progress than you might imagine.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivy71983
Hi Guys,

Im noticing a problem im having (which has been pointed out by others as well as by my self) that im having an issue in truly letting go, not trying to take control of every situation, and truly trusting in God and that he will handle things. Ive been dealing with some hard times where i feel im on my own to change things and guess im trying to take control of everything and force things to happen with no success. (this is pertaining to finding work) In my head i know God is looking after me and i fel that he has alot in store for me but i don't know how to just stop and let him take over. Meaning how to just relax and know what im doing is enough. I always feel like i need to be doing more than what im doing to make things happen and at times when i pray, i feel guilty and selfish for asking for things (which makes no sense right?) It's like i feel God needs a break and i should take care of things on my own.

Im use to being in situations where im on my own so im use to having to do it and don't know any other way. Ive even started meditating a year ago for clarity. I guess i just feel like im stuck and not getting any further and what i should do (truly trust in God) i dont know how to do and i feel like a fake or failure because of this. Can anyone help me figure this out please . . . i really need clarity so my life can be better than what it is. Thank You all . . .

When you say "trust in God"..that doesn't mean that you sit back on your laurels and wait for ......(fill in blank) to come to you. You probably know this already, so disregard it if you do. Yes by all means, trust and let go of wanting to control everything. Trust that the Universe is taking care of you, no matter where that leads you...but remember that it requires doing the foot work by you.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Time

Trust in yourself, there is no difference
Old 08-06-2011, 02:21 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
You aren’t on your own. While you may not be able to see others who support you, you can connect w/ them energetically. Feel their strength in trying times & let this help you find your own strength.

It isn’t selfish to ask for things, particularly when these are just wanting to live a normal comfortable lifestyle. This is different from asking God for excessive luxury goods. Toss out the guilt about this. Guilt is very low frequency & won't help you.

My view of God or the Universe is not tied into the parental dynamic or God having a gender, either male or female. This doesn’t diminish the importance of this energy at all though. We are partners w/ what we call God. We have a vast spiritual team who we can call on at any time to help guide us.

This may seem ironic, but part of trusting in God/the Universe is TRUSTing in our self. As we TRUST self we establish our sense of worthiness. Another metaphysical irony is going deep within to achieve Oneness. KNOW that you will handle whatever occurs in your life.

It is interesting that you are perceiving that you ‘... should take care of things on my own.’ This isn’t because God is too busy or tired of you reaching out, but because you are being given the message loud & clear that YOU ARE CAPABLE. Give your self a BIG energetic hug for hearing this message. It’s a very important one. Our spiritual team & God have an unlimited capacity to connect w/ us. Never feel you are connecting w/ them too much.

The higher energies are there to support us, but it isn’t their job to do it for us. This isn’t because they don’t care. They do, but they know that to do it for us would rob us of the growth experience. An ancient Chinese proverb still holds true today, ‘Give a man a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you’ve fed him for a lifetime.’

The feeling that you should be doing more is one that is shared by many when we get the impetus to explore our spirituality more. This feeling is what propels us to move past our current boundaries.

The feeing stuck may just be your shifting to a new cycle. Our energy goes through continual active cycles where we learn & experience, then a quiet integrative one where we fully absorb what we’ve experienced & learned. Both of these cycles are vital. It isn’t unusual to feel that one has stalled or even regressed when in the integrative portion of the cycle. When we enter a new phase we can find that past spiritual techniques may no longer interest us. When this happens it is likely we have learned all we can from them & are ready to more on to exploring different territory.

Don’t waste energy feeling like a fake or failure. You are neither. You are questioning things & this is very positive. You have likely made much more progress than you might imagine.

This is incredibly awesome advice and thanks for reminding me!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Master
Ivy,

The "Trust in God" project is easier said than done. You could say that I made that choice in 1989 and that it is an ongoing effort.

The key experience that you seek is a co-creative one where you find employment. This is your immediate priority. There will be others that follow. It is never ending.

I suggest a meditation where you activate the 10th layer of your DNA. You do that with the intent to work with your spiritual essence, as best as you can. It is a dedication to your inner reality, the one that hides from your conscious perceptions.

Once you do that everything changes. You will discover that whatever you invest of yourself in that relationship will bring appropriate rewards.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 08-06-2011, 06:37 PM
ivy71983

Thank you everyone for your advice and kind words.

Andrew G, I find everyone keeps asking me do i really know what I want and i do but when im asked that it makes me wonder if i really do (second guess myself). Maybe im overthinking it (one of my problems).

I do believe im going through changes at the moment and in the end i do believe i will be successful but i guess i feel like maybe there's something im not getting or something i havent learned as to why it is taking so long to achieve. I know time is an illusion and things happen when they are meant to happen but maybe i just dont want to accept it i guess (that thought just came to me). I guess i just want to get it right and do what i am meant to do. I just want the hardships to be over already and i guess thats where it gets frustrating and my need to force it to happen takes over.

And Mattie i guess maybe i dont really trust in myself or the decisions i make because im afraid of making the wrong one and making my situation even worse.

This is a really hard process . . .