Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 14-05-2011, 09:50 PM
faith83

what's the diff between psychics, empaths, and mediums?

From my understanding I think my father is empathic. He isn't really into the spiritual but he is very sensitive to others emotions and feelings.
I suppose my mother would be consider as a medium. She doesn't do it professionally, but she is able to communicate with spirits that has passed on.
Now me. I've been told that I am very psychic by a empathic, energy reader. My mother as told me that too. I never felt very 'psychic' but I always considered myself as having a strong 6th sense...lol. Every since I met the man who I feel is my TF my spiritual insides have been on a rampage!
Once he entered my life I began to have premoniton dreams and have also astrel projected during sleep.
Now I'm ready to explore this path. Its time...but I do have a question

I feel myself growing spiritually so more and more things are happening to me and I haven't figured out how to interpret it. Two nights ago I was meditation and it felt like something slapped me on my foot. Last night I was meditation and i started to feel like I was falling and literally felt like I banged my forehead on something. It didn't hurt but I could feel the pressure of the hit. I was wondering if I'm inviting something into my home? Or if I'm going through some type of awakening and my body is feeling the changes? If that makes any sense
Old 14-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Medium_Laura

Ok empaths are exactly what you describe. They sense energy fields and emotions. Psychics can access the Universal Energy and predict events in the future, see the past and find blocks in your present. Mediums talk to the dead, but not only their own family (actually many have a hard time with their own) instead they can talk to other people's dead relatives. All mediums are psychic. Not all psychics are mediums. Most psychics and mediums are empathic. :)
Old 14-05-2011, 10:56 PM
ivy71983

This is very interesting information. I believe im somewhat empathic and was told so just recently by a psychic because i can pick up others emotions and sometimes i take it in and it affects my emotions. I never thought much of it until it was pointed out. lol. I originaly thought psychics and mediums were the same think. Are people who talk to angels considered mediums?
Old 14-05-2011, 11:23 PM
faith83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Ok empaths are exactly what you describe. They sense energy fields and emotions. Psychics can access the Universal Energy and predict events in the future, see the past and find blocks in your present. Mediums talk to the dead, but not only their own family (actually many have a hard time with their own) instead they can talk to other people's dead relatives. All mediums are psychic. Not all psychics are mediums. Most psychics and mediums are empathic. :)

Thank You Medium Laura
That makes sense. My fathers gift doesn't go much beyond empathic. My mother does have psychic gifts as well. I'm not sure about her being empathic tho. I believe I can pick up peoples emotions a lot as well, nowhere near as good as my father tho. With all this in my bllod you would think I'll be better at this lol

Do you happen to have any knowledge as to me feeling slap on my foot or having my forehead hit? Because I never heard of that before. I'm thinking that my body may just be reacting to the spiritual changes
Old 14-05-2011, 11:39 PM
SunMist

Empaths take in others energies, not just emotional but on all levels, and process them as their own. Whether they are aware of this and can cleanse it out or not is a matter of skill/development, but it is more than just being sensitive to others. Empaths literally merge in a sense with another person's energy field and take on parts of it - often quite unconsciously.

Mediums - see dead people, lol! (not my area of expertise, but the key is they communicate with spirits)

Psychics - have knowing of information, the past, the future, where things are. To me it seems that psychics operate from a non-emotional information gathering place.
Old 15-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Medium_Laura

The physical things you're talking about could be when you get into a meditative state, your body will sometimes "jerk" you out of it and it feels like someone hit you or touched you. It may have just been a muscle reaction.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:05 PM
faith83

That sounds good. I was alittle nervous

Thank you
Old 15-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Enya

An empath picks up on the emotions and energy fields of others, an ability which is actually linked to clairsentience (clear-sensing), one of the abilities psychics and mediums may use in their work. They may be able to tap this ability to channel healing or insight.

A psychic picks up on the energy field of others, of objects, of plants, of animals and can 'read' them to pass on information. They may also be able to connect with spirit energies such as guides, angels or family members and channel healing.

A medium works on the psychic level but also expands beyond that, into faster vibrations of awareness, using clairsentience, clairvoyance and clairaudience, amongst other abilities. They provide a bridge to the spirit vibrations, connecting with guides, angels, family members and other energy entities. They can also channel healing, if it's part of their work.

Faith, I would suggest that the 'hit' was a spirit guide making sure you didn't 'fall'.
Old 16-05-2011, 12:44 AM
faith83

That makes a lot of sense too Enya

Both times it happened I was dozing off LOL