Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Shutterspeed

Question What role do Toxins Play in Spiritual Development

Wondering Peoples opinion on what Toxins do to ones Spiritual Development? Do they block certain experiences?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Hi Shutterspeed, what kind of Toxins? Some people believe smoking, coffee etc can be detrimental, drugs (of any kind) imo certaionly can as you can't be sure the experiences are real for a start. or did you mean some other kinds of toxins?

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 11-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Shutterspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
Hi Shutterspeed, what kind of Toxins? Some people believe smoking, coffee etc can be detrimental, drugs (of any kind) imo certaionly can as you can't be sure the experiences are real for a start. or did you mean some other kinds of toxins?

Toxins such as nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, even preservatives and additives in our foods.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Deactivated Account
In my experience, I can't speak for others, all of those (with the exception of alcohol) do not have any detrimental effects on spiritual development, they can't have otherwise I wouldn't have developed in any way, naturally I have to point out that smoking isn't a good thing but imo it doesn't block spiritual development in any way, but some of those may affect your health which then may affect your spiritual development if you become ill.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 11-05-2011, 11:19 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterspeed
Wondering Peoples opinion on what Toxins do to ones Spiritual Development? Do they block certain experiences?
Toxins block experiences? lol

I rather think they create experiences.. don't you?

Toxins are in everything.. that is what bashar says, bless or heal your food.. detoxify it.. in such a way your also blessing your body
Old 11-05-2011, 11:42 PM
unus supra

Naturally some toxins can illicit spiritual experiences that are profound enough to propel some on their spiritual journey. if im not mistaken, such an experience led D.C. to begin his spiritual quest and RD to name a few off the top of my head.

One thing we will find beneficial to encounter at some point or another is the grasping or aversion we may feel towards some substances, but this is more a matter of how we relate to it and less a matter of what it is.

I know, some toxins can enhance or diminish concentration. in terms of drugs, there are very few symptoms of drug use that cannot be experienced through meditative disciplines.

also, a clean body is easier to maintain, thus more energy to work with.

My personal practice is to do whatever i please, be they drugs if the situation is appropriate, i also smoke

and i eat whatever i please.

but for me balance is the key. I have a very rigorous physical discipline on a day to day basis that just simply burns what i ingest. Running through the woods, weight lifting and martal arts, all to a rather extreme degree. but this is just because it fits my disposition, not because im a bad a$$.

like anything else, they have an effect. so its a tricky question for a simple answer, i think maybe having a general understanding is quite important towards helping guide our discision making.

hope that was useful.

kavon
Old 12-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Master
I think it's different but yes I do beleive toxins can affect our spirituality, health, physical well being etc. However, if you think about it everything we do or eat (unless you're a very conscious eater) has toxins in it, I would say do things to help flush those toxins out ie drink lots of water, sit in the sauna if you can, excercise etc.
Spiritlite.
Old 13-05-2011, 02:19 AM
pegasus77

I believe that our spiritual state is inter connected to our physical and mental state, in order to reach our full spiritual potential we must also keep our physical selves healthy and our state of mind healthy and positive. Also in order to have full physical health we must also give attention to our mental health and spiritual development and for good mental health we need to look after our physical self and spiritual self.
Our body is our temple and we must care for it and make it a place our spirit would want to reside in.
So toxins can be like dust and grime that build up in our temple and prevent our spirit realising it's full potential.
Old 30-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Seeker

Cigaretes, for me Dull the sences the awareness, also feel it cloging the heart the throught. then down to the solar plexus and our sence of power and willpower. then i feel it hit the sacral centre and definetly numb the ability to feel and process emotions.
Old 30-05-2011, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus77
I believe that our spiritual state is inter connected to our physical and mental state, in order to reach our full spiritual potential we must also keep our physical selves healthy and our state of mind healthy and positive.

Also in order to have full physical health we must also give attention to our mental health and spiritual development and for good mental health we need to look after our physical self and spiritual self.

Our body is our temple and we must care for it and make it a place our spirit would want to reside in.

So toxins can be like dust and grime that build up in our temple and prevent our spirit realising it's full potential.

You have said it well, pegasus.

Everything we do has some effect on our consciousness and energies, our openness and clarity in love, which are what spiritual development is about.

And, we absorb toxins from our food, water, air and environment in this modern world, even if we don't have substance addictions.
We may think that toxins haven't blocked our spiritual path, but we don't know how much frrther, faster and deeper we might go without them.

It's good to do an herbal toxin clean out periodically. There are many good ones available.

The op question seems to be primarily about physical toxins, but we are also cluttered with old toxic emotional baggage and toxic negative thought patterns. These also can be cleared so our body-mind becomes a clear vehicle for the purity of our true nature.

EFT is one good way to do this. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Xan