Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-11-2023, 05:07 PM
Guide
How to make sure that we are following God's guidance?

Hello,

How to make sure that we are following God's guidance?

I mean the God around and inside us. Also known as the "Higher Self".

I believe that "accepting to change for God" is a good way. Are there other methods?

Thanks!

Last edited by green1 : 18-11-2023 at 06:15 PM.
Old 18-11-2023, 06:01 PM
Master

I am not in line with “orders” or “suggestions” from God, but I do embrace intuitive guidance. The guidance which each person receives is unique to each person’s journey, and in my opinion we are all being guided.

Again, in my opinion, we receive lessons constantly and the lessons are repeated until we learn them; the lessons are not the same for each person, but learning about your own consciousness can give a basic outline of the lessons which you specifically might need to learn.

Human consciousness sloshing around like water in a swinging bucket, heavy and frozen like a brick, flowing like a river, or expanding beyond our physical body, are but some of the states of our being. Attitude is a state of consciousness as well. To listen deeply we have got to learn how to let go of all of the concepts, even those I am sharing here.

God’s law, or cosmic law, is immutable, you can not go against it; you can only inflict pain on yourself by ignoring it. There is a belief in some religions that “not a leaf falls from a tree except by the will of God.” Yes, I do believe that which I call “GOD” is in absolute and total control. We suffer when we stay on the surface and get caught up in duality.

Below is a link to a little book called “The Kybalion,” it was a big help to me when I began my conscious spiritual journey. You can download and get this book for free at this link. I discovered this book back in the 1970’s and read it many times over a long period of time, getting greater insights into what it was saying each time I read it, especially The Seven Hermetic Principles. Many of these principles can be found in Christianity, Buddhism, Jewish mysticism, etc.

http://www.kybalion.org/TheKybalion.pdf
Old 18-11-2023, 06:18 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I am not in line with “orders” or “suggestions” from God, but I do embrace intuitive guidance. The guidance which each person receives is unique to each person’s journey, and in my opinion we are all being guided.

Thanks Starman! Yes I meant "guidance". I edited the title of the thread.
Thanks for providing your suggestions and the link to the book. It looks interesting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We suffer when we stay on the surface and get caught up in duality.
So why some people suffer from hunger, etc.? It is certainly not God's will. Is it? How can suffering people learn to follow God's guidance?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-11-2023 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Master

i don't think you can. I think any attempt to 'automate' this or any other process related to how to relate to the things of god will eventually end up wanting....
Old 19-11-2023, 03:04 AM
Master
The voice of conscience may be taken to be the guidance of God.

In early years, when we were heart-centric, innocent and childlike, we used to hear and listen to these whispers. However, as compulsions of earth life began to weigh on mind, we became egocentric, driven by need to maximise material benefits for body-mind. So we became deaf to our conscience.

We have one instrument, the head and the other, the heart. Both are needed and yet work not in tandem, in collaboration. We are in a state of inner conflict.

When head melds with heart, we become joyful, blissful, spontaneous. Resistance of ego prevents this from happening. If we do not resist but simply embrace silence, bereft of thought, ego recedes. Then the facilitation happens, by grace of course.

Even in the kundalini energisation process ~ look at it, what is actually happening? We, as the energy, we raise rate of our vibration, thus ascending from root to crown. The animal nature is below, the higher, above. Both merge, polarities balance and then, entwined they descend to heart, where they dissolve. All desires begin at heart and need to be satisfied there too. Bliss in permanence is bestowed or rather, reclaimed, because we are it.

The heart. That’s where conscience is, where love grows, where God or higher self resides. The guidance is always available. We must choose to listen. In silence.
Old 19-11-2023, 05:09 AM
Master
You gotta be discerning, and to be discerning you gotta be truly honest with yourself. Being true is the cornerstone of all morality. Then you do what's right and what is for the best. As they say, you do your bit and maybe God chips in (actually, no one ever says that )
Old 19-11-2023, 06:28 AM
Master

Excellent post Unseeking Seeker,

Generally speaking, I am not concerned whether I am following God’s guidance or not, as in my opinion, there is nothing outside of God and no matter what I do I am going to either be confronted with obstacles or I am going to gain entry to greater experiences of my deeper being.

It is God that permits me to have experiences of cosmic consciousness, expanded consciousness, taken into greater wisdom, etc. In my opinion I will only experience continuous peace in my life if I am following divine guidance. There is a saying, “what stands in the way is the way.”

So my obstacles are lessons which I need to learn to get closer to God and receive the fullness of guidance. If my life is filled with turmoil, anxiety, and angst, most likely I am not doing something that would bring me in harmony with God.

Feeling the presence of spirit in my life on a daily basis is enough for me to conclude that I am on the right track. In my opinion a deep growing transformation is required. In my experience when I bathe in the depths of that sweet inner presence everything happens for me and my effort is minimal.

That presence also gives me the ability to go deeper into it. Its not like I have to listen to God and do what I think, or feel, I am being told what to do; rather God is the do’er, and we can become an instrument of God through spiritual surrender. Then we can observe God at work through us and in our outer life as well. This has been my experience.
Old 19-11-2023, 10:51 AM
FYI -seems to be a problem lately with duplicate post!
I'll mention it in Forum Help.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2023, 10:51 AM
FYI -seems to be a problem lately with duplicate post!
I'll mention it in Forum Help.

Hahahahalol...AND I can not click page 2 here and pull it up.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2023, 11:19 AM
Master

imperfections in life

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
why some people suffer from hunger, etc.? It is certainly not God's will. Is it? How can suffering people learn to follow God's guidance?

God is the facilitator of life through His maze of rules. He is interested in improvements in the world but only through His rules and NOT just through magic wand. While God can do anything / nothing / everything , whatever it does may not always be as per the will of humans.

According to me , He may keep imperfections in His world

1. So as to provide goal posts to reach/ challenges to overcome / mystery to uncover . This may provide meaning and purpose to many . God expects good humans to use their intellect/resources to overcome such problems .
2.So that It makes other 'irresponsible people' to understand /appreciate how privileged and blessed they are (that they dont have such problem ) and to stay grateful for the privileges we get and enjoy (without our asking) .
3. So that It inspires / exhorts people to develop empathy for people in such situations just like God as God never abandons such people in pain .

These may not comprehensive list of reasons for such imperfections but it may provide glimpses into the universal mind living with imperfections in this world.

Suffering people can know God's guidance by introspection , retrospection , meditation etc and study of wise people experiences/science/scripture and then follow such guidance lovingly with hope & faith without any grudge.