Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-11-2023, 05:23 PM
Pathfinder

Do you believe the idea that who you want to be is who you really are?

Hi everyone. I personally do believe this idea but I think it's not as straight and smooth of a path as most people might think.
I think that anyone who is going to become who they want to be in our society is going to be met with alot of resistance from others. It might take a LONG time to achieve this goal but I do think it's possible.
So do you believe in this spiritual idea that who you want to be is who you really are? Personally I have seen evidence of the idea that I see others not as they are but as I am many times in my life.
Old 09-11-2023, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
So do you believe in this spiritual idea that who you want to be is who you really are?
No. I believe who I know I am is who I really am.
'Want' has not much to do with it. (Maybe when you are taking your first babysteps, sure.)
A solid belief does, tho.
Example, I no longer believe life is hard or a struggle - with me, as some leaf blowing to and fro - a victim of whims.
That belief changed profoundly to: "I am the daughter of a KING, God Himself." Period.

What does that make me then? A Princess adored by my Father, the King, Creator Extraordinaire.

Sounds weird to some people...it isn't... it's WHO I AM.
(It's who all of you are, but have not realized it yet, perhaps...thus claiming your inheritance as His adored child.) Imo.

That's why LOA works for me all the time...cuz I know that if I Ask It Is Given...the title of Ester Hicks' first book.
Wanting? Nope, Belief and knowing are the things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-11-2023, 03:03 AM
Master

I believe it VERY difficult to find any truth about what I am in light of the fact that a part of who I am very much wants to be what others want me to be.

and that said I will say, that what little I know about what it might be like to have a me that I might like much better, flies against all observations I've made about what other people who actually have something similar are doing with their situation as well...

so it would be difficult to express 'who i am' in any 'real' way within the context of this world. That is, if there even is such a thing!
Old 10-11-2023, 03:08 PM
Master

Quote:
I personally do believe this idea but I think it's not as straight and smooth of a path as most people might think.
My feeling as well and can be answered when reaching that state. I notice two perspectives existing as described. We are here to learn (that). The question do you believe what you want is who you are. I think many affirm this realizing having experienced both states. I mean no one starts out knowing as it is our journey. We can say I know who I am now. We are talking about now. I think both perceptions of now affirm it. I listen to those who look and those who found. I agree with both.

Last edited by lemex : 10-11-2023 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Experiencer
for me i keep it simple i am, i be and in that anything is possible

for a while there it was quite split i could see me, body, emotional body, mind, them being who i channel, extra but its was becoming a mind f**k

the big thing here what i have to discover about me ex sights me
Old 10-11-2023, 10:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex
the big thing here what i have to discover about me ex sights me

that is the beautiful part!
Old 11-11-2023, 04:49 PM
Master

who u want to be and who u are

Quote:
So do you believe in this spiritual idea that who you want to be is who you really are?
Yes at the vision level / goal we are who we want to be .But there is catch here. There subconscious mind/ ego / intellect /memory /spirit which is also part of who we are and which we really dont have much cue of it most of the times. Combined all these "who we are" is a complex question for which very rare people on this earth may have found answer to it .
Old 11-11-2023, 04:51 PM
Master

who u want to be and who u are

Quote:
Yes at the vision level / goal level we are who we want to be .But there is catch here. There subconscious mind/ ego / intellect /memory /spirit which is also part of who we are and which we really dont have much cue of it most of the times. Combined all these "who we are" is a complex question for which very rare people on this earth may have found answer to it .
Old 01-12-2023, 04:07 AM
Master

Quote:
I see others not as they are but as I am many times in my life.

Most people become seekers (not always with awareness complete) to find and source themselves more authentically. The spiritual journey and healing process for me has allowed me to see, emptying out of everything I am not, has allowed for a peaceful feeling to arise in what I am without it. Being more clear and open, without conditioning infiltrating my experience, I’m just myself and content in living my life.

What people think of me is their view. If they see me, that’s a bonus and often in this way now of being more clear, open and true to myself, they only see that. How they feel about that is their responsibility. Funny when you see yourself through illuminated clarity and emptiness, you see others much the same. What and how they appear is seen more clearly, but you no longer get entangled. Your aware of them so your discernment moves accordingly..

I think the lead up through wants, becomes a bit skewed, especially if you can’t see yourself more clearly open and aware of yourself.

At the core, I do believe it gets very simple. Most just want to be themselves.

What that consists of is entirely up to you..