Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Master
The truth opens the Heart

The truth is that which opens the Heart. The capacity to sense the truth is something we all already have. We all have a Heart that is already accurately showing us how true things are.

Anything that puts you in touch with more of the truth opens the Heart. This is a literal and experiential description of truth. When your experience is bringing you more truth, there is a sense of opening, softening, relaxation, expansion, fulfillment, and satisfaction in the Heart. This can be most directly sensed in the center of the chest, but the Heart of all Being is infinite and therefore actually bigger than your entire body. So this opening, softening, and expansion is actually happening everywhere; we just sense it most clearly and directly in the center of the chest.

When you encounter truth, the sense of your self opens, expands, softens, fills in, and lets go. The me, the sense of your self, is no longer felt to be so limited or small. It becomes more complete and unbounded. The boundaries soften and dissolve, and any sense of inadequacy, limitation, or deficiency is lessened or eliminated.

As a side effect of being in touch with more of the truth, your mind gets quieter because you simply have less to think about. Even knowing a simple truth like where your car keys are gives you less to think about. And when you touch upon a very large truth, your mind becomes even quieter, like when you see the ocean for the first time: The truth or reality you're viewing is so immense that, at least for a moment, your mind is stopped and becomes very quiet.

- Nirmala, from Living From the Heart

Old 18-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Master
What Happens

What happens when your soul
Begins to awaken
Your eyes

And your heart
And the cells of your body
To the great Journey of Love?

First there is wonderful laughter
And probably precious tears
And a hundred sweet promises
And those heroic vows
No one can keep.

But still God is delighted and amused
You once tried to be a saint.

- Hafiz

Old 18-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Master
Thanks for sharing Xan, all that you said was so beautiful, I can relate to exactly what you have shared, especially about the side effect of being in touch with more of the truth, this has happened in my case, I no longer need to read or desperately try to find out something just to prove what i have experienced, to be right or wrong, there is an inner Knowing that everything is Ok, that everything is just how it should be, what a relief.
Old 18-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
The truth is that which opens the Heart. The capacity to sense the truth is something we all already have. We all have a Heart that is already accurately showing us how true things are.

- Nirmala, from Living From the Heart

I understand what this person is saying...however...
If my heart and the heart of all existence are the one and the same, is it not the opening of my heart that reveals truth, and not experiencing truth that opens my heart.

Is not my heart that which contains the sum total of truth and by opening it I begin to see this truth that was always there?
Old 18-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
If my heart and the heart of all existence are the one and the same, is it not the opening of my heart that reveals truth, and not experiencing truth that opens my heart.

Is not my heart that which contains the sum total of truth and by opening it I begin to see this truth that was always there?

For some it begins one way and for others the other. All that matters really is that it happens.

Xan

Old 18-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Master
For you, Robert, especially.

The real beloved is that one who surpasses all,
who is your beginning and your end.
When you find that one,
you'll no longer expect anything else.
That is both the manifest and the mystery.

- Rumi

Xan

Old 18-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Suspended
Master
Hi Xan .

For sure the truth cannot flow whilst the heart Is closed . For the truth to be In expression the heart requires openness .

Personally It's difficult to say which happened first as to whether my heart being open allowed the truth within or the truth so to speak opened the door to my heart .

Love and Truth are both keys to the heart are they not . .

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 18-04-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 18-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Master
That was lovely Xan ... it has a healing quality and felt very fulfilling to read
Old 19-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Master
daz: Love and Truth are both keys to the heart are they not . .

Two ways to experience the truth of ourselves... unboundaried pure awareness and unlimited love.

Xan

Old 19-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
For you, Robert, especially.

The real beloved is that one who surpasses all,
who is your beginning and your end.
When you find that one,
you'll no longer expect anything else.
That is both the manifest and the mystery.

- Rumi

Xan
Thanks Xan, that was beautiful and that's all your really saying, yea I love Rumi also.