Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-07-2022, 07:53 PM
traceyacey12

Have so-called nondual people lost their fight for life?

Have so-called nondual people lost their fight for life? Meaning, have they lost their motivation to fight for their life whether it's disease, crime or reputation?

Thanks for your help :)
Old 19-07-2022, 08:11 PM
Molearner

I would say that they redefine life….they see life differently….
Old 19-07-2022, 08:24 PM
Master

The realisation of the Self is the surrender of our identification with an individual personality and the discovery that our true nature is limitless unchanging Being.

But we still function through a particular human form and we can continue to pursue whatever interests that human form may have.

While also knowing that it is all just action within a state of stillness.

Peace
Old 19-07-2022, 08:34 PM
Knower

I don't claim to be non-dual, but I do claim to have almost 100% faith in life after life, and the survival of consciousness after bodily death. Something massive has changed in me these past few months, and its related directly to dedicated meditation, and strange tingling feelings around my third eye and crown chakras. I can't explain it, but I feel twice as calm as I ever did, half as fearful, and twice as knowing. I feel I just 'know' something, and this 'knowledge' seems to quell any fears or anxieties I had about life and death. Don't ask me what the knowledge is, as it's something intuitive that I can't put into words. It's something deeply spiritual that I can't articulate.

The side effect of this is that I feel that I see through the absurdity of this earthly plane. It seems extremely childish to me, and unnecessarily cruel and tough for most people. It's really quite absurd.

Therefore, I do not particularly fear death. I'm actively looking to reduce my hours at work so I can pay my rent, eat, and run my little old car. I do not desire anything material. I'm not interested one bit in relationships or parenthood. I don't even bother trying to fight my corner, because it feels utterly futile in the grand cosmological scheme of things. I guess I'm what you'd call stoic. There's nothing particular to fight for. The thought of climbing a greasy corporate pole is so grotesque to me. I've come to a point in life where I can genuinely say "nothing really matters". and I say that blissfully, not with defeat. I'm not defeated, I'm just beyond caring about earthly things.

Would I fight for my life? If I was bed ridden with cancer, no I probably wouldn't. I think I'd see it as the blessing in disguise that it is. I'd definitely be at peace with it. But I'm only able to say that because of my extremely strong faith in consciousness surviving bodily death, and by viewing this physical life as some kind of spiritual gymnasium which strengthens and refines one's eternal soul for it's onward journey.
Old 19-07-2022, 08:38 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
...discovery that our true nature is limitless unchanging Being.
How can it be unchanging and limitless at the same time?
Old 19-07-2022, 08:52 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
If ultimate reality is without a second then it has to be limitless else where its boundary ended and another started would mean at least two realities existed. If it changes then what is now is different than what was before or what will be in the future. It was that in the past and now it's this in the present. Two, not one.
Old 19-07-2022, 09:00 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
I don't claim to be non-dual, but I do claim to have almost 100% faith in life after life, and the survival of consciousness after bodily death...

Thanks for sharing Bluto :)
Old 20-07-2022, 12:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
As JASG said, if it changed it would not be limitless. If it is limitless, then how can it change?

Peace
Old 20-07-2022, 12:52 AM
Bambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I would say that they redefine life….they see life differently….
I have basically lost all hope for just about anything..... I havent felt right in years...
Old 20-07-2022, 03:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
I have basically lost all hope for just about anything..... I havent felt right in years...
I know it is hard to believe it, but our beliefs and our expectations materialize in our lives.

So, I suggest that whenever you realize you're thinking:
"I have basically lost all hope for just about anything..... I haven't felt right in years",
immediately force yourself to change your thoughts into a positive expectation; create a positive emotion:
"I am confident that soon my life will turn happy and satisfying" (or something similar).
At the same time, assure yourself that the unsatisfactory thought / belief is just an idea about reality, not the reality itself.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.