Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-07-2022, 06:21 PM
traceyacey12

Is nonduality for everyone to arrive at?

Is nonduality for everyone to arrive at? Is it for everyone?

Thanks for your help :)
Old 18-07-2022, 06:29 PM
Greenslade

You don't need to arrive at what you already are, one of the easiest ways is to change your paradigm.

The real question though, is what are the reasons you're asking that?
Old 18-07-2022, 07:03 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The real question though, is what are the reasons you're asking that?

I'm asking because while I'm interested in the concept, I don't think it's something that I want to experience permanently. I met the love of my life and I think I would rather experience life with him then to have it annihilated by the nondual state
Old 18-07-2022, 07:15 PM
Master

Non-duality is just a belief of many flavors, as everything is. I believe it is completely wrong (and detrimental to one's evolvement), but I have no intention to convince others. What I recommend is for people not to put their faith in any guru, nor dogma, and just access their inner-knowledge and guidance, from a completely unbiased position.

Everything is connected, but that doesn't mean everything is one. There is an infinite number of identities, structured in such a way that each one evolves infinitely. It is from simple to gestalt, not the other way.

But, as I wrote, don't trust me, but find out for yourself.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-07-2022, 08:05 PM
traceyacey12

Thanks inavalan
Old 19-07-2022, 08:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
have it annihilated by the nondual state
Where did you get that idea from? There's a lot of hogwash flying around about non-Duality and it's getting silly and. with respect, if you think it's for anyone to arrive at you need to have a rethink.

What are the reasons you think non-Duality will help you?

In another thread someone said that they wouldn't talk to me because I am non-Dual and they perceived themselves to be non-Dual. None of that makes any sense and it's contradictory. When non-Dual is a prefix or a description you know people have lost the plot.

In as truly 'non-Dual state' there is neither Duality nor non-Duality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU4mJgfJs3c

Go live your life already and experience life with the love of your life, don't let some Chinese Whispers get in the way.
Old 19-07-2022, 01:31 PM
Knower

Ref post 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Non-duality is just a belief of many flavors, as everything is. I believe it is completely wrong (and detrimental to one's evolvement), but I have no intention to convince others.
Nondual realization (note I didn't use the noun "nonduality" that suggests a thing) is not a belief or a view it is a descriptive term that helps one discover the truth (yes, the truth) that their true nature is not dual, a belief born of conditioning to thinking in terms of separate selves with contrasting or opposing opinions/views. This does not mean (as is often believed) that when one realizes their nondual nature that thoughts are annihilated - absolutely not! - what it does mean is that the quality of the thoughts of the one who knows their true nature is not dual are different from those who do not know.

What is the difference between the thoughts of one who knows they are not a separate, thinking entity or self and the one who doesn't know? Where the former is aware of being whole and complete and needing or lacking nothing, the latter believe they need someone or something (a view, an ideal, a purpose, a belief, a mate, etc.) in order to feel or to be complete with their respective thoughts revealing this difference. Does this mean one does not have a companion or partner? No! It simply means that one knows that both are whole and complete and lives of this knowing.

And yes, one does need to inquire for themselves as to their true nature but for most, this inquiry is supported by the words of others who are wholeness-aware and desire to share this awareness.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-07-2022 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-07-2022, 08:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Is nonduality for everyone to arrive at?
Ultimately yes in the sense that it is our own true nature. But this does not mean that the realisation of our true nature is available for everyone in this incarnation. Not everyone is at the point where such a realisation is the next stage of their journey.

And even though we already are that which we seek, this idea (as Adyashanti says) is a fat lot of good if it is just an idea rather than a conscious reality.

Quote:
I'm asking because while I'm interested in the concept, I don't think it's something that I want to experience permanently. I met the love of my life and I think I would rather experience life with him then to have it annihilated by the nondual state.
In one sense there is no such annihilation in the realisation of the Self. Life goes on as normal after realisation, nothing changes in the material world, you can still enjoy your relationship. The difference is that you realise you are a Being playing the role of traceyacey12, but traceyacey12 is not your identity. Your identity is limitless unchanging Being. However you can still enjoy playing the role.

But if this guy has manifested in your life at this time then all is as it is meant to be, so go for it. And it does not necessarily mean that you are turning your back on your spiritual journey. Being spiritual does not just mean long hours of meditation and studying spiritual literature. No doubt you will gain a great deal from being with this fellow and you will learn a lot, and this may be all part of your chosen path.

Peace
Old 23-07-2022, 08:42 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
truth (yes, the truth) that their true nature is not dual,
The truth is relative to one's own agenda. As for what our true nature is, Spirituality is spending more time and brain-power redefining what we are to realise our 'true nature' because even that is an 'invention'.

As you said-
" quality of the thoughts of the one who knows their true nature is not dual are different from those who do not know"
Is this a reflection of your 'true nature'?
Old 24-07-2022, 06:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Is nonduality for everyone to arrive at? Is it for everyone?
Yes is the answer if you so choose to arrive there. But effort is required so don't listen to those who think this is just a big intellectual game because to them it is
and they are clever no doubt about it but they are not spiritually developed or awake for that matter. Some think to tie you up in knots intellectually will help you ?
They should tie themselves up in knots first

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge