Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 26-06-2022, 11:30 AM
Knower

You

You are awareness looking at itself or if you prefer, you are God or Reality looking at Itself. Every aware being is the same Self reflection.

The love reflection is the only reflection guaranteed to create wisdom and joy.

That's all.
Old 26-06-2022, 12:01 PM
Greenslade

Who are you when you are not?

Who is this 'I' that is looking at itself?

How can what doesn't exist look at what doesn't exist?
Old 26-06-2022, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
How can what doesn't exist look at what doesn't exist?
What doesn't exist?

Note: Anyone reading this that is depressed, suicidal or mentally hurting in some way ...
You do exist and are loved by That which created you ...from my experience.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-06-2022, 02:14 PM
Guide

As movingalways says, we are all awareness, confined in a human body giving us the sense of separation whilst here on this earth.That is it.
People try and delve too deeply thus confusing people.

Wha makes light, light and what makes dark, dark.
Old 26-06-2022, 03:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
You are awareness looking at itself or if you prefer, you are God or Reality looking at Itself. Every aware being is the same Self reflection.

The love reflection is the only reflection guaranteed to create wisdom and joy.

I read statements like these and ask things like -

1) why should i care so much to be naming what it is that I am?
2) why should I be so sure I want 'wisdom' and 'joy' at the cost of all other experiences?
Old 26-06-2022, 06:56 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I read statements like these and ask things like -

1) why should i care so much to be naming what it is that I am?
You only need to care when you are on the way to realizing names are the map and not the territory.

Quote:
2) why should I be so sure I want 'wisdom' and 'joy' at the cost of all other experiences?
It is true that the wisdom and joy of Self Love is a map of names but it is not the memory map 'I-experienced'. Unlike the 'I experienced' memory map, Self Love does not look back.
Old 26-06-2022, 11:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
It is true that the wisdom and joy of Self Love is a map of names but it is not the memory map 'I-experienced'. Unlike the 'I experienced' memory map, Self Love does not look back.

i wasn't really talking about 'past' experiences as much as my projection of what I might want to experience in the future. Personally i feel like I'm missing out, if I limit my projections of future experience to admirable things like 'wisdom' and 'joy'.
Old 27-06-2022, 09:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What doesn't exist?
If you want a good basis for all of this then you need to spend time with Google and Ahamkara or Ahankara - same thing, different spelling but both are used. That is the Spiritual 'I' and it dovetails into so many other understandings nicely. If you're going to do a thread on reality, Ahamkara is a must-read.

In the context of Ahamkara, Aham is Sanskrit for 'I' and a kara is an 'invented thing' - an 'invented thing' is a 'object' of consciousness or a 'thing' of perceptual reality. Which goes back to what I was saying about the ego and the 'things' you perceive yourself as being - that's what Jung based his model of the ego on. In the Eastern teachings only Absolute Reality is 'real' because it is unchanging, etc.. Perceptual reality changes and therefore is not real.

Ahamkara is "The 'I' of invented things" or a 'collection' of perceived things - everything after 'I am' is what you perceive yourself to be and that makes you 'you'. So from a strictly Spiritual perspective 'you' don't exist because everything 'you' are is invented/perceived, and 'I' is more of a collective noun than a being.

Last edited by Greenslade : 27-06-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old 27-06-2022, 10:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
As movingalways says, we are all awareness,
Frankly I don't know why this thread is in the non-Duality subforum because there is no non-Duality here.

If you decide what makes the light Light and what makes the dark dark then you're talking about your ego, not your self. Only the ego can see the refection of itself as differentiated consciousness. If you think you are awareness that is your ego too - any thought/perception of "I am" is your ego. If you think "I am awareness" then there are things that you need to be aware of - and the things you are aware of is Duality. I could argue from a Spiritual perspective that awareness is a 'thing' or an 'object' of consciousness.

As Alan Watts says, "We thingify things." Does the OP make 'things' out of wisdom and joy? And if there is a perceptual lack of them? Since this is a non-Duality subform the seeker is always that which is sought.

It's not about getting complicated, it's about stopping creating and getting rid of the layers if spazz. Everything that you perceive yourself to be, from a Spiritual perspective, is who you are not and when all of that is gone you are not.

Last edited by Greenslade : 27-06-2022 at 10:56 AM.
Old 27-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
i wasn't really talking about 'past' experiences as much as my projection of what I might want to experience in the future.
Then you're not talking about your self, you're talking about a Persona or a mask of convenience as a projection of your ego. It's also desire and that leads to suffering.

If you're going to make any sense of this I'd suggest some introspection, since what you're expressing is the reflection.