Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-02-2022, 06:31 PM
Master
Empathy & draining…

Is there any way to stop draining while empathy is being acknowledged?

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 23-02-2022, 05:44 PM
asearcher

they say put up imaginary walls, bubbles, for me i have to pre plan to discipline myself in a more practical or intellect way, but i do still have difficulty with it...

my luv who says he is more cold compared to me (but sensitive in other ways, how that now works) has no problem at all with this and has numerous times tried to talk sense to me. it helps a little to know things in a un-emotional way, but still...

i'm hoping someone else can give you a better answer than mine, LOL, but I tried :)
Old 28-02-2022, 09:29 AM
Seeker

For one, energy exchange is constant, meaning the more general aspects being universal. These types of exchanges are a fact of life. Whenever there's empathy, there's draining.

If you want to feel good when you're feeling down, and you succeed in manipulating your own emotions, the energy has to come from somewhere.

Energy cannot be destroyed, nor created out of thin air.

Thus when you're starting to feel good, someone else with whom you're connected to starts to feel bad. This is how it goes, not only for me. Solipsist (hardcore idealism) tendencies tend to isolate you in unhealthy ways. A lot of people do not realize this, let alone acknowledge it. That's why its so important to cultivate a feeling of indifference. Ask yourself when you're feeling joyful: Who paid for this feeling? Now, asking this question results from a feeling of compassion, but you have to be careful with compassion.

Indifference follows from compassion in a later stage.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:55 PM
Knower
The belief that empathy drains is widespread but wrong. What drains is the resistance to ones own issues which are being mirrored by empathy.
Old 21-03-2022, 07:04 AM
Master
At times, an overstimulated third eye chakra can makes one feel overloaded with information, and that can cause us to feel that our own empathy is draining

It all comes down to finding ways to de-clutter, figure out what works best for us, and navigate while being mindful not to over-load ourselves

Quote:
My suggestion is to find ways to be further grounded, de-clutter (including internally) and not beat yourself up too much over it