Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-04-2011, 04:39 AM
spiritualpoet

My view on christianity

To everyone my view on christianity

I beleive in a god,but i dont believe that god is all what people say he is like,ie vengful
and would throw a person in a never ending inferno.To me god is something that we could never comprehend, and mankind has just filled in the holes to give us a little understanding.If you look at the bible there are many stories and how the earth formed and Adam and Eve.The bible and preachers and such make everything so simplistic like pray follow the commandments and repent and believe, and if you do well go to heaven but if not you go to hell.Me i cant grasp the idea of a wonderful god sending practically everyone to a place to rot in a lake of fire.

When i was little i would believe in a place such as hell out of (fear),i have been saved said the prayer to be saved many of times but i think hell is based on fear thats why christianity has many followers.I think there is a place though for bad people but i dont think its eternal because a person didnt live forever so why would he or she be punished forever it would be more of a rehabilitation like prision im sure depending on what the person did in their life.The punishments would be more or less severe but nothing like a inferno its really meaningless to burn his children.God loves everyone no matter what we are his creation so why would he waste what he made in a eternal hell?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualpoet
To everyone my view on christianity

I beleive in a god,but i dont believe that god is all what people say he is like,ie vengful
and would throw a person in a never ending inferno.To me god is something that we could never comprehend, and mankind has just filled in the holes to give us a little understanding.If you look at the bible there are many stories and how the earth formed and Adam and Eve.The bible and preachers and such make everything so simplistic like pray follow the commandments and repent and believe, and if you do well go to heaven but if not you go to hell.Me i cant grasp the idea of a wonderful god sending practically everyone to a place to rot in a lake of fire.

When i was little i would believe in a place such as hell out of (fear),i have been saved said the prayer to be saved many of times but i think hell is based on fear thats why christianity has many followers.I think there is a place though for bad people but i dont think its eternal because a person didnt live forever so why would he or she be punished forever it would be more of a rehabilitation like prision im sure depending on what the person did in their life.The punishments would be more or less severe but nothing like a inferno its really meaningless to burn his children.God loves everyone no matter what we are his creation so why would he waste what he made in a eternal hell?

Care to share any thoughts after the parable as follows?

Matthew 25:31–46

31 When the Sonne of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy Angels with him, then shall hee sit vpon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations, and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepheard diuideth his sheepe from the goats.

33 And he shall set the sheepe on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say vnto them on his right hand, Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdome prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was an hungred, and yee gaue me meate: I was thirstie, and ye gaue me drinke: I was a stranger, and ye tooke me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sicke, and yee visited me: I was in prison, and ye came vnto me.

37 Then shal the righteous answere him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fedde thee? or thirstie, and gaue thee drinke?

38 When saw wee thee a stranger, and tooke thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sicke, or in prison, and came vnto thee?

40 And the King shall answere, and say vnto them, Uerely I say vnto you, in as much as ye haue done it vnto one of the least of these my brethren, ye haue done it vnto me.

41 Then shall he say also vnto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into euerlasting fire, prepared for the deuill and his angels.

42 For I was an hungred, and yee gaue me no meat: I was thirstie, and ye gaue me no drinke:

43 I was a stranger, and yee tooke me not in: naked, and ye clothed mee not: sicke, and in prison, and yee visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answere him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sicke, or in prison, and did not minister vnto thee?

45 Then shall he answere them, saying, Uerely, I say vnto you, in as much as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall goe away into euerlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternall.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:54 AM
yinepu

Hi spiritualpoet ,

I was never raised with any religious outlook, thankgoodness for that, but as i get older and when you look at all the religions, the koran, the bible, buddhists, the stories are similiar, coming from the ssme countries, etc, so do i believe in the bible ..no, not as a whole but im sure alot of what is in there is perhaps events that did occur, but i think for a more punchier novel and a way to control the masses , they embellished, lied and forgot what the truth was.

I believe in a god, i believe he is non judgemental, i believe when we die , we sit and watch back our own lives, its also a time for our spirit to re adjust to the energy of the universe and not the physical. I believe, we look at the lessons we learnt, and then decide on what we need to learn next ! Will we be sad and dissapointed at our errors, of course but the universal enrgy or god is there to love us in our pain. And we have the choice to come back or wait a while.

Im sad for those fanatics who think that every story in the bible and every word written is an absolute, or an absolute until thier preacher changes the slant in his interpretation. Im sad , but knowledgeable enough to feel compassion and pitty on the fanatic in any religion, as with all the books in this world, with all the potential to seek answers, to learn and to grow as a human being, they are blindfolded into being allowed to only read ONE book.

Of course when you only read ONE book your views are going to be distorted , i truly pitty the fanatics of any culture, i think its sad they must feel the only way to speak is from words of the bible, its almost like a security blanket , that if taken away for just a moment would make them freak out, they would have no identity. Very sad
Old 08-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
Hi spiritualpoet ,

I was never raised with any religious outlook, thankgoodness for that, but as i get older and when you look at all the religions, the koran, the bible, buddhists, the stories are similiar, coming from the ssme countries, etc, so do i believe in the bible ..no, not as a whole but im sure alot of what is in there is perhaps events that did occur, but i think for a more punchier novel and a way to control the masses , they embellished, lied and forgot what the truth was.

I believe in a god, i believe he is non judgemental, i believe when we die , we sit and watch back our own lives, its also a time for our spirit to re adjust to the energy of the universe and not the physical. I believe, we look at the lessons we learnt, and then decide on what we need to learn next ! Will we be sad and dissapointed at our errors, of course but the universal enrgy or god is there to love us in our pain. And we have the choice to come back or wait a while.

Im sad for those fanatics who think that every story in the bible and every word written is an absolute, or an absolute until thier preacher changes the slant in his interpretation. Im sad , but knowledgeable enough to feel compassion and pitty on the fanatic in any religion, as with all the books in this world, with all the potential to seek answers, to learn and to grow as a human being, they are blindfolded into being allowed to only read ONE book.

Of course when you only read ONE book your views are going to be distorted , i truly pitty the fanatics of any culture, i think its sad they must feel the only way to speak is from words of the bible, its almost like a security blanket , that if taken away for just a moment would make them freak out, they would have no identity. Very sad

yinepu pu makes many assumptions.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Master
But they are good assumptions, i can also feel that these so called assumption are coming from a place that many so called Christians have never been to, good one yinepu, you are a true Christian.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Master
Yinepu is not alone in this, shim. {hint, hint}

Old 08-04-2011, 05:16 AM
yinepu

Shim for someone who claims to be a child of gods you are very rude !

And poo is spelt p o o. Not pu, but thats ok love your not allowed to look into other things just your bible. Its ok darling i understand.

But just for your information , PU = could , can do in the egytian language.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Shim

There's no evidence that yinepu has ever read the bible or has any first hand experience in Christianity. There's only contrary evidence based on yinpu's statements.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Master
It's my belief / theory that one who has never even read a book let alone the christian bible can be a better christian than one who has read it cover to cover and even a scholar of it. It's the laws of christianity that are written on the fleshy tables of the heart that count, saith the lord, dontcha know~*

Old 08-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
It's my belief / theory that one who has never even read a book let alone the christian bible can be a better christian than one who has read it cover to cover and even a scholar of it. It's the laws of christianity that are written on the fleshy tables of the heart that count, saith the lord, dontcha know~*

Perhaps we may direct ourselves away from yinepu and dive into Scriptures pertaining to the gentiles.