Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 01-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Pathfinder

Like Attracts Like, Whether You Appreciate Yourself Or Not

I would like you to be aware that appreciation is the alpha and omega of a rewarding manifestation. If the process of manifestation were a bracelet, the clasps that hold it together would be “appreciation.” Simply put, what you appreciate is what you build on, and what you don't appreciate degrades. It's the start and the finish. If you appreciate what you attract and experience, then your starting point for what you attract in the future will start at that higher foundation of appreciation and grow into something bigger and better. If you decide not to deliberately manifest and only appreciate what you have, you will still build on your previous appreciation. From your previous appreciation, you will draw in more rewarding experiences from the new platforms you manifest from.

Besides having an overall appreciation in life, there is one form of appreciation that is still imperative for success, and this includes manifestation success. What I'm talking about is self-appreciation. There is an essential rule for your appreciation to be felt and appreciated by others, and that is to appreciate yourself first. Let's say a person who doesn't take care of himself shows contempt for you and has no problem telling you he doesn't like you. It's evident by his lack of hygiene and poor posture that he doesn't appreciate or even respect himself. Would you lose much sleep knowing this individual doesn't like you? You most likely wouldn’t. You would probably want him to go away and stay away. If that person showed admiration for you, would you want to include a person like this in your circle of friends? Probably not. So remember, people like to have admiration and respect, but from people who appreciate and respect themselves first.

Therefore, the ultimate question of self-appreciation is, “Am I someone whom I would like to meet and get to know?” The answer needs to be a solid yes. The reason is, you and only you will ever be and could ever be the foundation that will support your desires, and worthwhile manifestations rely on a healthy self-esteem. Think of your self-esteem as the plaster and the manifested desires as the pretty, shiny wallpaper you wish to put on the plaster. If the plaster is gritty, you may get the wallpaper on for a moment, only to soon watch it fall off the wall. In other words, attraction isn't like selling an item on a classified ad after you discovered a piece of junk you don't want is a highly coveted antique. According to the law of attraction, if you think you are junk then so will everyone else.

Point being is, how you see yourself is how others will see you. Also, like attracts like. If you don't think highly of yourself then you will be surrounded by people who don't respect you. You can still attract abundance but it most likely won't last if you are dissatisfied with the co-creators who are making it possible for you. For example, let’s say someone lands a job that is a dream come true for this person. The job is very exciting and lucrative. Also, the job requires work-hours that are perfect for this person. However, this person is disregarded by all the people he/she works with. Because of this, the actual work experience gradually becomes more of a nightmare than a dream, as the days progress. This, in turn, will be the reason this person eventually abandons their “dream job,” or gets fired.

Why did this happen? It happened because this person lacks self-worth. This person put gorgeous wallpaper over old, crumbly plaster only to watch it slowly fall off the walls. That’s a lot of invested time to accumulate trash; don't you think? Once you learn to appreciate who you are, that appreciation will grow towards self-esteem and self-respect. Self-appreciation, self-respect, and self-esteem need to be a part of your life if you ever want to manifest worthwhile experiences that will last. The main reason being is, like attracts like.

~Nicholas D’Arezzo~
Old 01-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Lorelyen

Like attracts like?
At the top level maybe. But otherwise, this LOA notion is the only case in the entire cosmos where like attracts like so it's bunk, to me. Opposites attract...to bring equilibrium or 'steady state'.

Obviously if you want to attract happy people into your life you have to be happy yourself. But beyond that? Nope. People are often attracted to each other by their differences and one of the beautiful things about creating a working relationship is the merging and appreciation of the other.

How does the homeless person attract wealth enough for a better life if he's poor? (This brings you into the realm of affirmations, not LoA.)

One of the flagship authors of this idea has been shown to be a fraud in that he doesn't himself believe what he preaches in his books. A classic case of like doesn't attract like. He's rich (mainly on book sales) by attracting the vulnerable and spiritually needy. As I see it but that's just my view.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:39 AM
Pathfinder

Which author are you referring to?
Old 03-12-2019, 01:44 PM
hazada guess

Oh Nicholas,you've lost me on this one though I do appreciate myself.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Ascender
This is really a forum where we learn from one another, not teaching continually as if we believe we know it all. I see this is a duplicate thread from another website.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Oh Nicholas,you've lost me on this one though I do appreciate myself.

Maybe I will "catch" you the next time around ;-)
Old 08-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Knower
Am I a person I would want to meet? The answer to me is usually no, but it comes with another question: am I really someone I wouldn’t want to meet, or is that a picture that numerous traumas have etched into my mind? Friends tell me that it’s the latter, but the looks in stranger’s eyes tell me the former, as does comparison with any said stranger, which is probably something unhealthy to do, but seeming as my brain is an A-hole who hates me, it keeps doing it anyway.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D'Arezzo
Which author are you referring to?
I have to conform with the forum rules so I can't name the person in view of what I've said. But it's well known. It was addressed in a national newspaper.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Master

There definitely is power to appreciation.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
This is really a forum where we learn from one another, not teaching continually
as if we believe we know it all.
And I think it is for both and much more.

Not trying to start anything ...putting in a different take, is all.
It is not one or the other, imo.

Luckily, we have the option of not reading a post or not...the very same post that others are, indeed,
needing and appreciating.
Again, my perspective.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru