Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Master
Thats It, I have had it

Now I have been very much enthralled with Paramahansa Yogananda and his teachings on Christ. I found them to explain everything but at the end of the day I was left hating myself and the world. The cynical view that the world is ,made out of some cosmic Satan called "Maya". That we must realize ourselves as God the Son??? That Jesus is but one of many avatars and his equivalent is Krishna but some other dude named Babaji is his superior??? That Jesus had all these previous lifetimes yet never mentioned this in the Synoptic nor the Gnostic Gospels...weird. And that Self-Realization through Kriya Yoga is "The Way". But not in one sentence can Yogananda clear up what Kriya is nor can he explain why Jesus didn't explain such a thing.

On other news I have found out from sources coming out of the Self-Realization Fellowship that everyone forged Yogananda's incorrupt body through embalming to display his false divinity. And they are planning on doing the same with Daya Mata who just passed away. Yogananda's greatest disciple Kriyananda is now a convicted sex offender....And there is a book out written by Yogananda's best friend and closet contemporary, a Yogi himself who says that Yogananda lived in a dream world and usually made up things due to his supertitious mind. And he went out to "Hinduize" Christianity, not to brdge the teachings.....well thats great. And that he actually died on a massive heartattack which his master Yukteswar claims that a Yogi does not die by natural means but by their own will.

--------------

I am going back to my roots. I am done. I have gone through Yogananda, Kriyananda, Ramakrishna, Sai Babas, and so many other self-proclaimed yogis who teach Self-deification. I am done.

I am back to the Father God, his divine son man Jesus, and the Holy Spirit of the saints...

good luck and good night!
Old 18-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Mind's Eye

Hello friend, that seems to be the battle call from everyone I talk to lately, "I'M GOING BACK TO MY ROOTS!!"

And you know what, it's a good thing. There are many of us who are really becoming or became very disenchanted with some of these new teachers and gurus. So much of what they say and write really is false information and then they contradict one another and even themselves... It's a real mess out there.

I'm glad you discovered the false non-sense that these people were spewing though. And your roots sound like a pretty good place to go back to.
Old 18-03-2011, 06:02 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Now I have been very much enthralled with Paramahansa Yogananda and his teachings on Christ.

Sometimes, I am just into Yoganandaji. He's got something I can't let go of easily.

Quote:
I found them to explain everything but at the end of the day I was left hating myself and the world. The cynical view that the world is ,made out of some cosmic Satan called "Maya". That we must realize ourselves as God the Son??? That Jesus is but one of many avatars and his equivalent is Krishna but some other dude named Babaji is his superior??? That Jesus had all these previous lifetimes yet never mentioned this in the Synoptic nor the Gnostic Gospels...weird. And that Self-Realization through Kriya Yoga is "The Way". But not in one sentence can Yogananda clear up what Kriya is nor can he explain why Jesus didn't explain such a thing.

Kriya Yoga (the actual technique) is usually given by a guru. At this website, a man gives it away on good faith:

http://www.kriyayoga.com/english/on_...ngs/diksha.htm

However, I know how you feel about being disenchanted. I don't think it really matters what we believe anymore as long as we love and learn.
Old 18-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Master
The problem could be that you're thinking that there is some sort of religious/spiritual authority out there who has all the answers.
They don't. No religious teacher, guru, or so called holy book has all the answers.

But if you don't like one dogma (godman) and then choose to be part of another specific box/dogma, then all the best luck I guess..
Old 18-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Shim

Great article, What does it mean to say, "Jesus is Messiah."
Old 18-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Master
maybe folks should try to make their own Way to their own perspective of Truth instead of always looking for someOne to follow. i mean, if you find you're dissatified with your own perspective of Truth you can always go back to believing in the perspective of Truth and following the Way of your preferred holy dude.
Old 18-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Master
Don't go back.............go forward.
Go forward with thanks and gratitude for your new determination to go forward.
James
Old 18-03-2011, 11:02 PM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Now I have been very much enthralled with Paramahansa Yogananda and his teachings on Christ. I found them to explain everything but at the end of the day I was left hating myself and the world. The cynical view that the world is ,made out of some cosmic Satan called "Maya". That we must realize ourselves as God the Son??? That Jesus is but one of many avatars and his equivalent is Krishna but some other dude named Babaji is his superior??? That Jesus had all these previous lifetimes yet never mentioned this in the Synoptic nor the Gnostic Gospels...weird. And that Self-Realization through Kriya Yoga is "The Way". But not in one sentence can Yogananda clear up what Kriya is nor can he explain why Jesus didn't explain such a thing.

On other news I have found out from sources coming out of the Self-Realization Fellowship that everyone forged Yogananda's incorrupt body through embalming to display his false divinity. And they are planning on doing the same with Daya Mata who just passed away. Yogananda's greatest disciple Kriyananda is now a convicted sex offender....And there is a book out written by Yogananda's best friend and closet contemporary, a Yogi himself who says that Yogananda lived in a dream world and usually made up things due to his supertitious mind. And he went out to "Hinduize" Christianity, not to brdge the teachings.....well thats great. And that he actually died on a massive heartattack which his master Yukteswar claims that a Yogi does not die by natural means but by their own will.

--------------

I am going back to my roots. I am done. I have gone through Yogananda, Kriyananda, Ramakrishna, Sai Babas, and so many other self-proclaimed yogis who teach Self-deification. I am done.

I am back to the Father God, his divine son man Jesus, and the Holy Spirit of the saints...

good luck and good night!

Warmest greetings, Amilius777!

I was wondering how long it would take you to reach that decision. Very good to have you back! With the Holy Trinity you can't go wrong as there is only One God according to the Holy Bible and the First and Second Commandments of God respectively.

May you be blessed in your decision!

Deus tecum and my special wishes for many blessings and a beautiful day!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 18-03-2011, 11:20 PM
SunMist

Amilius, I was part of SRF at one time myself and later came across some information critical of it and Yogananda. I was upset and disillusioned at the time like you are now. But in the years since then I have returned to certain parts of his teachings that I found very valuable. I say don't throw the baby out with the bathwater....if parts of what Yogananda taught or that you learned through the lessons have meaning to you, directly aid you in your life - keep them. Perfect knowledge can be transmitted through an imperfect person - and as human aren't we all imperfect to some degree? I think the problem with many Hindu based systems is the worship of the guru - that guru might actually know some useful things but because they are worshipped personally and then turn out to have feet made of clay many reject everything entirely. Keep what works for you!
Old 18-03-2011, 11:24 PM
nightowl

It is obvious to me you are seeking a place in your spirituality that reaches pass mans interpretation. That reaches past the self defeating attitudes of the decline of man. Take what fits right with your spirit and make it your own. What do you believe about God/Spirit, what do you believe about the nature and spirit of man? Chew up the meat and spit out the bones. Just because something my be right for some doesn't make it right for all. You are headed in the right direction, make your own theology and religion you will experience such freedom of spirit that you will never want to color inside the lines of established spiritual thought ever again.

Happy venturing!!

nightowl