Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Gauss

The legends of the city of Falun and Asatro(old Nordic religion)...

It is known since ancient times that the "Light" will first come from the East and the North(many have theorized that meant Sweden) at Judgment Day, it is mentioned in many ancient prophecies.

During the last 1000 years there has only been one public spiritual practice spreading like wildfire across the world, it is called Falun Dafa and was spread to 100 million people in 7 years in China before the communists banned it and started persecuting its practitioners.

I have investigated its relationship with the legendary city of Falun in Sweden. And it is a mind boggling journey to look into these relationships..

Facts about Falun as a world inheritance: http://whc.unesco.org/archive/repcom01.htm#1027

To my knowledge there is just one city called "Falun" in the world, it is placed at the center of Sweden - in the north of Europe in the middle of Scandinavia.

Would it not be interesting to investigate the local history and legends about the city of Falun and its name?

What I found is astonishing:

In the Nordic religion "Asatro"(which means "Asia belief" in English) - there is a "river called "Slidr" coming from the east to rectify all evil of the world and Slidr means "God-Li-He" translated from the ancient Nordic language....

The Poetic Edda - the prophecy of Voluspa:

36. River falls east
through venom dales
with scissors and sword;
Slídr is its name.

River means "wisdom" in prophecies as far as I know from the experts. So "Slidr" will be the wisdom conquering the world.

The sole survivors of Ragnarok(Judgment) will be Lif and Lifthrasir:

In the place called Hoddmímir's Holt there shall lie hidden during the Fire of Surtr two of mankind, who are called thus: Líf and Lífthrasir, and for food they shall have the morning-dews. From these folk shall come so numerous an offspring that all the world shall be peopled, even as is said here:

Líf and Lífthrasir, | these shall lurk hidden
In the Holt of Hoddmímir;
The morning dews | their meat shall be;
Thence are gendered the generations.

Again note that "Li" is included in all mentionings of rectification and survival of Ragnarok. It must mean that a man called "Li" will be the man rectifying the world when time is due and his followers will make it through.

Note that in the bible it is said Elijah will come first to rectify the world, "Li" is again included in the name of the greatest man mentioned in the bible...

Who has introduced Falun Dafa to the world?

Li Honghzhi has done it in 1992.

The city of "Falun" in Sweden has a name which was originally derived from a local river also called the "Falu river" running through the city...

See the resemblance with the river "Slidr"...

The "yellow river" this Falu river is also called in ancient words and this river has given name to the city of Falun. The yellow river is very familiar from China as we all know.

The Falun emblem has a yellow center swastika and it is whirling like river water in the form of the swastika on a red circle(the soil of the city of Falun is red and the Falun city´s legendary color is red..). Furthermore the famous wheel of the divine in the bible is said to make sounds like from water flowing...

www.falundafa...tro...

Falu red color: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falu_red

That local Falun river in local tradition is said to "divide the city of Falun into a divine part and a horrid part"... The eastern part will be divine and the western part(the mine) will be horrid(at judgment as I interpret it)..

It is said nothing can grow on the horrid side of the city(there was a mine on that side in old times) while the other side of the river is flourishing with nice houses, plants, flowers etc... In fact it is well known in the city of Falun that the west side is all dead(due to the mine) and the lake has no living fish inside it while the east side has very beautiful nature...

In another legend it is said there will be two treasures coming from Falun, the first one being the ancient mine that was used in ancient times to extract copper.

The second treasure, the major treasure of the city of Falun, was always kept a secret but legend has it that when the second treasure is revealed to the world the first treasure will be forgotten quickly. In fact Selma Lagerlof got the Nobel Prize in 1909 and in her story of "Nils Holgersson" the legend("Lion´s share" it is approx. called, never translated into English..) of the second treasure of the city Falun is included..

The second treasure will create as many houses as there are pebbles in the city of Falun legend says... That would mean a new civilization if you ask me.

In December 1992 after mining for about 1000 years or more the Falun mine was closed and "Falun Dafa" was introduced to the world in may 1992, a few months before closing the legendary mine forever, just like the legend predicted...

The second, main treasure that relates to the city of "Falun" is "Falun Dafa" - the greatest secret of all times has been revealed.

And I have not yet mentioned the greatest prophet of all from Falun called Emanuel Swedenborg who was the chief mining expert in the 1700s and he prophesied everything about Falun Dafa and Li Hongzhi including the communist persecution in China.. He also said: "among Swedish cities, the city of Falun is to the east"....

That was an allegory since Falun is not an eastern Swedish city and Swedenborg of course meant Falun Dafa´s centre will be in China.

The country of Sweden must be special since it houses the city of Falun.

I have researched Sweden, Yggdrasil(the tree of the universe/world in Asatro) and Swedenborg in conjunction with Yahweh(Jesus father) and Christianity.

I concluded the following:

S-Weden is a referance to the "God of Yggdrasil" since "Weden" means wood in Swedish. Yggdrasil is the tree of the universe/world in Nordic mythology.

S-Weden-Borg could be a reference to a smaller God within the boundaries of Yggdrasil since Borg means "castle" in Swedish.

Sweden in local language(Sverige) can be written as S-ve-rige and then means God-Ve-Kingdom. We all know the brother of Oden is "Ve". So Ve´s kingdom is Sweden as reflected on earth.

His human beings that are reincarnated down here would reside in Sweden. So Ve´s kingdom is Sweden as reflected on earth. His human beings that are reincarnated down here reside in Sweden.

Who is the God "Ve"? That actually must mean Yah-Weh(God-Weh) or God-Ve in German. The link between Christianity´s Yahweh and Asatro is Ve, the brother of Odin, they are the same(I guess some Christians would be interested in hearing this)....

It is only that Odin is a more powerful God than Ve or Yahweh(as written in Christianity) and Oden is Asian while Ve is not Asian since his people are the Swedes on earth.

Remember there is also a third Brother called Vile in Asatro who then should be a God for another people on earth, my initial guess is for some African people. In fact Asatro is a rich religion, it can explain many, many questions.

Why are Swedish women considerred the world´s most beautiful?...

And why is the oldest tree of the world(Yggdrasil as reflected on earth) standing near the city of Falun?....

Thanks for your time.

Just my two cents at my wisdom level, no truth whatsoever offered.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Animus27

Quote:
In the Nordic religion "Asatro"(which means "Asia belief" in English) -
No, just... no. I think you're looking for the word Asatru, and it means "faith in the Áss" which are the Aesir, the Germanic gods.

Quote:
I have researched Sweden, Yggdrasil(the tree of the universe/world in Asatro) and Swedenborg in conjunction with Yahweh(Jesus father) and Christianity.
This makes no sense. Yggdrasil is symbolic of the connectivity of the universe, it has nothing to do with Yahweh.

Quote:
Who is the God "Ve"? That actually must mean Yah-Weh(God-Weh) or God-Ve in German. The link between Christianity´s Yahweh and Asatro is Ve, the brother of Odin, they are the same(I guess some Christians would be interested in hearing this)....
This is insulting to Asatruar by linking one of their creator deities with a god that has nothing to do with their beliefs or mythology.

Quote:
It is only that Odin is a more powerful God than Ve or Yahweh(as written in Christianity) and Oden is Asian while Ve is not Asian since his people are the Swedes on earth.
Odin is not an Asian deity. He is decidedly Indo-European simply due to his mythological framework closely resembles several other I.E deities. Not counting the history behind his worship.

Quote:
Just my two cents at my wisdom level, no truth whatsoever offered.
It is an interesting interpretation, I must say that. But it contradicts nearly everything we know of Germanic myth, and the modern religion of Asatru.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
tragblack

Tell it like it is, Animus!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
No, just... no. I think you're looking for the word Asatru, and it means "faith in the Áss" which are the Aesir, the Germanic gods.

This makes no sense. Yggdrasil is symbolic of the connectivity of the universe, it has nothing to do with Yahweh.

This is insulting to Asatruar by linking one of their creator deities with a god that has nothing to do with their beliefs or mythology.

Odin is not an Asian deity. He is decidedly Indo-European simply due to his mythological framework closely resembles several other I.E deities. Not counting the history behind his worship.

It is an interesting interpretation, I must say that. But it contradicts nearly everything we know of Germanic myth, and the modern religion of Asatru.

I do not agree with your statements about "Asatro" and I am certainly not insulting anyone(who is not looking for being insulted by whatever anyone says). In fact Ve is called Jah-Ve among Germanic Christians(God-Ve) so that is obviously the same God they refer to. People can be upset by alternative opinions about Gods because of their notions, I do not care about such matters but just try to analyze it with an open mind.

Many English speaking people say strange things about Asatro but I am not really sure they understand Asatro well since they don´t speak the local languages.

"Asatru" or "Asatro" is the same thing expressed in Norwegian and Swedish. It means "Asia belief" in today´s language as we can see below.

The ancient word "Asa" simply is said to be short for "Asia" and is spelled "Asien" in modern Nordic language. "***" is the old word for God. "Asagud" therefore means "Asia God" and the capital of all Nordic Gods was "Asgård" which is situated in the Asia(eastern) heavens.

There the greatest God in "Asatro", "Odin" is said to live.

I quote to you from a Swedish text(ie Heimskringla written by the legendary Snorre Sturlasson):

Enligt en av sägnen (Heimskringla tolkad av isländske historiker Snorre Sturlasson) Vikingarnas "religion" Asatron och levande "guden" Oden kommer från Asland med huvudstad Asgård, i Asien. Notera likheten, ASAR ASIEN ASOV. (The author points out the similarities between Asar(Gods), Asia and (Asov) - eastern Europe where they wanderred up to Denmark along their journey from Asia.)

Vikingarnas "gud" Oden med sina söner, enligt Snorre Sturlasson, levde bland annat i trakterna kring Sigtuna och har sina rötter i Asien(Odin has his roots in Asia), där floden Don rinner i Asovska havet. "Till vänster därom fanns Erop, (Erilarnas land?). Till höger(to the right) om Don(Donau river) fanns Asien(Asia), där låg Asland(the Asia continent) med huvudstad Asgård(Asia capital in the heavens).

"Enligt Snorre Sturlasson kan ordet ”asar” härledas från ”Asien”, där asagudarna en gång skulle ha kommit från."

Translation: According to the author Snorre Sturlasson the word "Asar"(Gods) can be deducted from "Asia" where they originated.

Here we can read about the Schamanism coming from the Nordic race´s origins in Asia when Odin sets out on his journey from "Asgård" to Scandinavia, even today the same schamanism can be found in Siberia(Asia) and in the old samic culture in Sweden:

Berättelsen i Heimskringla är inte helt identisk men i bägge startar i alla fall Odens vandring mot Norden från Asien. Bägge skrifterna vittnar också om att Oden tog med sig schamanism från Asien (Asgård) till Norden och att schamanismen var en central del i Odenskulten. Snorres beskrivning av Odens schamanism (sejd) har likheter med nedtecknade beskrivningar från 1700-talet av den samiska schamanismen (nåjd) och än idag finns liknande ritualer hos schamaner i Sibirien.

In English about Aesir:

books.google.......%20asia&f=false

About Odin at the bottom section of this page: He set out...etc .... ; "because they were from Asia they were called Aesir."

I quote to you a section of the prologue from Eddan:

2. Um þrjár hálfur veraldar.

The world was divided into three parts: from the south, extending into the west and bordering on the Mediterranean Sea,--all this part was called Africa, the southern quarter of which is hot, so that it is parched with the sun. The second part, from west to north and bordering on the ocean, is called Európá or Eneá; its northern part is so cold that no grass grows upon it, and no man dwells there. From the north and all down over the eastern part, even to the south, is called Asia. In that region of the world is all fairness and pride, and the fruits of the earth's increase, gold and jewels. There also is the centre of the earth; and even as the land there is lovelier and better in every way than in other places, so also were the sons of men there most favored with all goodly gifts: wisdom, and strength of the body, beauty, and all manner of knowledge.

The centre of the earth referred to here is China, as that country has been called throughout the ages. That is where the highest people dwell.

It is not exactly stated where "Asgård" is situated since it is a heavenly kingdom. But it sure refers to Asia and the wisdom of the eastern people as Eddan clearly explains.

"Midgård" can be interpreted like "Middle country/kingdom" in the human world, and logically means China which is called " the Middle Kingdom" even today.

PS:Yggdrasil surely is a tree(made of wood - like "weden" in Sweden): In Norse mythology, Yggdrasil (pronounced /ˈɪɡdrəsɪl/; from Old Norse Yggdrasill, pronounced [ˈyɡːˌdrasilː]) is an immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology; the world tree, and around the tree exist nine worlds. It is generally considered to mean "Ygg's (Odin's) horse".
Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Animus27

Greetings Gauss!

Quote:
I do not agree with your statements about "Asatro" and I am certainly not insulting anyone(who is not looking for being insulted by whatever anyone says). In fact Ve is called Jah-Ve among Germanic Christians(God-Ve) so that is obviously the same God they refer to. People can be upset by alternative opinions about Gods because of their notions, I do not care about such matters but just try to analyze it with an open mind.
An open mind is good. I'm all for an open mind! But your interpretations of Asatru are extremely unorthodox, and many modern heathens would be slightly offended at your attempt to prove their ancestral religion is simply an Asian import. So, while you did not insult me, I know many people who would be disconcerted by some of the ideas you put forth. But either way, it's good to have your own ideas and opinions... along with knowledge that they are not widely accepted, or even reflective of many accepted facts.

Quote:
"Asatru" or "Asatro" is the same thing expressed in Norwegian and Swedish. It means "Asia belief" in today´s language as we can see below.

The ancient word "Asa" simply is said to be short for "Asia" and is spelled "Asien" in modern Nordic language. "***" is the old word for God. "Asagud" therefore means "Asia God" and the capital of all Nordic Gods was "Asgård" which is situated in the Asia(eastern) heavens.
I'm sorry, but this isn't true! Asatru comes from a Old Norse word that means faith in the gods. It has nothing to do with Asia, regrettably.

To my knowledge, the Lore does not explicitly say where Asgardr lies, besides the fact that it's "above" Midgard, because upon his throne, Odin can see all of Midgard, thus it implies Asgardr is celestial (symbolically) rather than an actual place.

Quote:
I quote to you from a Swedish text(ie Heimskringla written by the legendary Snorre Sturlasson)
Snorri was Icelandic, not Swedish. Nor is Old Norse (the language he wrote in) identical to modern Swedish.

Quote:
Here we can read about the Schamanism coming from the Nordic race´s origins in Asia when Odin sets out on his journey from "Asgård" to Scandinavia, even today the same schamanism can be found in Siberia(Asia) and in the old samic culture in Sweden:
Do you mean Shamanism? Yes, there are Shamanic religious practices in Asia, but there's no evidence to suggest all Shamanic practices are form Asia - since shaman-type practices are seemingly universal, even to cultures that couldn't have had much contact with any Asian cultures.

Quote:
About Odin at the bottom section of this page: He set out...etc .... ; "because they were from Asia they were called Aesir."
The link you gave me doesn't work. I'd be very interested to see it though.

Quote:
The centre of the earth referred to here is China, as that country has been called throughout the ages. That is where the highest people dwell.

It is not exactly stated where "Asgård" is situated since it is a heavenly kingdom. But it sure refers to Asia and the wisdom of the eastern people as Eddan clearly explains.

That is a very bold assertion! Interesting though. And again, I feel that many heathens would be slightly offended by such a claim. Not to imply you have no right to make it, on the contrary. But you must exercise caution, because it is a sensitive matter; claiming someone's mythology comes from an entirely different, unrelated culture.

Quote:
"Midgård" can be interpreted like "Middle country/kingdom" in the human world, and logically means China which is called " the Middle Kingdom" even today.
Okay
Quote:
PS:Yggdrasil surely is a tree(made of wood - like "weden" in Sweden): In Norse mythology, Yggdrasil (pronounced /ˈɪɡdrəsɪl/; from Old Norse Yggdrasill, pronounced [ˈyɡːˌdrasilː]) is an immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology; the world tree, and around the tree exist nine worlds. It is generally considered to mean "Ygg's (Odin's) horse".
[/quote]
I am well aware of what Yggdrasil is. My point was that very few heathens think of it as being literal. And usually conceive of it as being a symbol of the order of the cosmos.

Take care!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Gauss

Quote:
Greetings Gauss!

An open mind is good. I'm all for an open mind! But your interpretations of Asatru are extremely unorthodox, and many modern heathens would be slightly offended at your attempt to prove their ancestral religion is simply an Asian import. So, while you did not insult me, I know many people who would be disconcerted by some of the ideas you put forth. But either way, it's good to have your own ideas and opinions... along with knowledge that they are not widely accepted, or even reflective of many accepted facts.

I'm sorry, but this isn't true! Asatru comes from a Old Norse word that means faith in the gods. It has nothing to do with Asia, regrettably.

To my knowledge, the Lore does not explicitly say where Asgardr lies, besides the fact that it's "above" Midgard, because upon his throne, Odin can see all of Midgard, thus it implies Asgardr is celestial (symbolically) rather than an actual place.

Snorri was Icelandic, not Swedish. Nor is Old Norse (the language he wrote in) identical to modern Swedish.

Do you mean Shamanism? Yes, there are Shamanic religious practices in Asia, but there's no evidence to suggest all Shamanic practices are form Asia - since shaman-type practices are seemingly universal, even to cultures that couldn't have had much contact with any Asian cultures.

The link you gave me doesn't work. I'd be very interested to see it though.

That is a very bold assertion! Interesting though. And again, I feel that many heathens would be slightly offended by such a claim. Not to imply you have no right to make it, on the contrary. But you must exercise caution, because it is a sensitive matter; claiming someone's mythology comes from an entirely different, unrelated culture.

Okay
I am well aware of what Yggdrasil is. My point was that very few heathens think of it as being literal. And usually conceive of it as being a symbol of the order of the cosmos.

Take care! [/quote]

I don´t see how you can make such statements about my facts about Asia and "Asatro" being untrue:

http://books.google.se/books?id=j4bufbA_UpQC&pg=PR12&lpg=PR12&dq=the+poet ic+edda+asia&source=bl&ots=1uvW8irplh&sig=tzsONjl6 PKdBaU6yqGtptCrOurA&hl=sv&ei=Y5LbTJe7OcGgOrmA3cAJ& sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCEQ6A EwAQ#v=onepage&q=the%20poetic%20edda%20asia&f=fals e

"Because they were from Asia they were called Aesir." - that is an exact quote from the book.

I quote from the main book of Asatro and you say you are offended by claims about Asia etc....

The scriptures are scriptures and they say "Asagudarna", ie Odin and Thor, come from Asia. It is clear to everyone reading the scriptures and there is nothing sensitive at all.

I am not saying Asatro is some kind of "Asian import" but the Swedes are even said to have been reincarnated from the North Song dynasty in China, according to Master Li Hongzhi.

The Asia link coincides perfectly with Asatro´s scriptures, the multitude of Gods in Asatro and that reincarnation is a fact in Asatro(well hidden fact in discussions but reincarnation is a reality in the scriptures).

If you read Snorre´s books you remember when the Swedish king set out to Asia(Asgård) disguised as "Ganglere" to find the ultimate truth about the world. Of course the Asia Gods had superior psychic powers and fooled him.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Animus27

Gauss, Snorri's comments and theories regarding the myths he recording are laughable. He also says that the Norse gods came about because after the Great Flood they (the people) forgot the name of God, so they "made up" gods. In the same page the author's comment on Snorri's FALSE etymology and convoluted reasoning on the origins of heathen religion. It's like taking the Coming of the Milesians as an accurate portrayal of authentic pre-Christian myth of the people of Ireland.

Quote:
I am not saying Asatro is some kind of "Asian import" but the Swedes are even said to have been reincarnated from the North Song dynasty in China, according to Master Li Hongzhi.
I think Master Li Hongzhi needs to lay off the master pipe.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Master
Gauss, you're trying to connect mythology's that are not necessarily related (read: in this case they aren't).
I think it's better to avoid generalisations..

To make my point and to give you an idea, there are creationists who claim that all flood myths are really about a global flood 4000 years ago. The same people who claim that any local story about a river flood must be proof for Noah's boat! I mean come on. All people in the ancient world had things in common. We can easily come up with any hypothesis but it just won't wash.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia#Etymology
Old 13-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Time

There was a global flood 10 to 12 000 years ago caused by the release of trillions of gallons of glacial melt water from canada. This caused the Uk to be seperated from europe, and Flooded the black sea. Sea level went up 200 feet in the resulting climate change and forced the peoples of asia minor to migrate to rivers in europe. **** its on a show called ancient weather from the history channel, you can watch it online on their website im pretty sure.

An event like that woudlve been remembered and passed on by word of mouth. By then we spread out so much, that isolation caused the diversification of the original belif ( most of the tribes thought to have migrated to europe are thoguht at one poitn to have general shared a belif system and spread it where ever they went.

Eventualy passed on as the written word came, and spread when they were recorded they were indistinguishable from their original one or mabey 2 belief structures.

Old 13-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Gauss

Quote:
Gauss, Snorri's comments and theories regarding the myths he recording are laughable. .

To you all myths are laughable but they are still standing for a reason 1000 years later and let us see if your slanderring of Snorre and others will be remembered by anyone except yourself in 10 years..