Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-03-2011, 02:15 PM
CuriousSnowflake

The true humility of "I am God"

More than a couple of people I've run into here have voiced the thought that stating "I am God" in the context of true Oneness is a statement of ego, of self-aggrandizement. When I say "true Oneness", what I mean is the idea that All Is One and all separation is just a perception. I contrast this with the idea of collectivism; that "God" is an amalgam, the sum total of all existences, and that we are part of the whole. I disagree with collectivism because the idea that there can be parts of "God" that are less than the whole of "God" is a limitation upon the Divine. I believe we seem separate, and that we believe we are separate because it is useful for us to do so, but that the separation does not really exist.

But back to my main point. The realization of true Oneness is a realization perfect non-separation, of perfect Unity with All That Is and Is Not, and thus Unity/Am-ness with the Divine. Such realizations have been documented by mystics and sages throughout history ("I and the Father are One" being the most famous example), but when stated are often interpreted by others as the height of egotism and even blasphemy (remember, "I AM" is why the Pharisees turned Jesus over to the Romans).

But a true statement of "I am God" is not and cannot be a statement of ego, for to truly say "I am One" means that you are also saying "I am One with everyone and everything". To truly say "I am God" also means "I am One with that bag lady, and that handicapped person, and that starving child, and that worm in the mud, and that tree being chopped down, and.....". It is humility, not ego, that allows this realization.

Thus, "I am God" is the ultimate humble statement, if said truthfully.

CS
Old 11-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Master
I am god also, yes.
In this context god has to be all that is.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:04 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
But a true statement of "I am God" is not and cannot be a statement of ego, for to truly say "I am One" means that you are also saying "I am One with everyone and everything". To truly say "I am God" also means "I am One with that bag lady, and that handicapped person, and that starving child, and that worm in the mud, and that tree being chopped down, and.....". It is humility, not ego, that allows this realization.

Thus, "I am God" is the ultimate humble statement, if said truthfully.

CS

Hi CS, but you are also one with Einstein, Mozart etc in this case.

3dnow
Old 12-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Ciqala

I also agree that "I am God", brings humility and oneness, helps connect with the universal energies of all life, and that source lives in everything and all people.

I'm sure there are those who don't understand the statement and confuse it, with ego based worship of ones self, or the idea of them as an individual being one egotistical creator of all life and brings forgetfulness of everything in life being one in the end. The problem that i've witnessed in some folks which at times creates the ego thinking, is teetering off the balance of, power, powerless. Being one connects us to source and all things, and lends us the one universal power which makes us whole and at times to feel powerful *which can sometimes lead to the ego minds of this statement*, yet ironically, another segment of being humble, is recognizing the vastness of the universe being one and this at times makes us feel small, weak, pitiful and powerless which brings us amazing recognition of humility therefore that if there is something more powerful than us, and we connect to it, we can be freed, yet on the other hand this also can create ego in the form of fear of the unknown, and control seeking issues.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:45 AM
nventr

That which you speak of is what you are. It is not possible to speak of anything outside of you or your perceptions.

If you speak of ego, then that is your truth. There is no question that ego is in play. It is smart to disregard everything this person says.

If you speak of God, then that too is truth. However, there has to be some proof, some other way of detecting honesty. Too many times have these words been spoken to the detriment of man and mankind.

While it is not smart to believe every one who says, "I AM God," it is also not necessary to automatically crucify or kill those who do.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:00 AM
Master
i grok "thou art God"
Old 12-03-2011, 05:09 AM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i grok "thou art God"

You know what is so strange? As I was reading down the posts, I was planning to use this quote, but as I came to the end, I saw that it had been done for me!

God groks.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:17 AM
Master
I don't believe in God, and have no notions of being one or seperate or anything of the sort, but I love you guys so if you are God... be nice.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
You know what is so strange? As I was reading down the posts, I was planning to use this quote, but as I came to the end, I saw that it had been done for me!

God groks.

drink deep and share nest, my Water Brother.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:31 AM
pre-dawn

Using "I" in any context is indicative of separation and duality. "I am God/One" is a contradiction in terms. It just makes no sense.