Spiritual Forums






Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-02-2018, 07:30 AM
Nitiananda Nitiananda is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 162
About old age and inconstancy

A person inevitably grows old ... Do many really recognize this obvious fact? Young people, and even those who are already in the years, probably think: "I'm still young and I'm far from old."

According to statistics, only 50% of elderly people after the age of 70 recognize themselves as old, although up to this point such an idea has come to 80% of them. In other words, most people are gradually beginning to notice that they are old, only after 70 years. Moreover, the remaining 20% ​​even at this age do not recognize that they are old.

But let's think: since birth to all people, we have to slowly but surely grow old, moving from birth to death. Even if you are young and proud now your healthy and beautiful body, nevertheless, it grows old constantly, step by step, with every movement of the second hand of the clock.

For example, the ability of the eye to accommodation (adaptation of the lens of the lens to the viewing of objects at different distances) begins to decline from the age of ten.

Moreover, intellectual development reaches a maximum of 20-25 years, after which the intellect gradually weakens. Aging begins unexpectedly early and happens so that you do not even notice it at first. But over time your smooth skin becomes wrinkled, dark and thick hair turns gray, you bend, your eyes fade, and so on. Someday it must happen. Or, more precisely, you are aging right now, at this very moment.
Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 08:13 AM
OEN34 OEN34 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: England
Posts: 210
Good post, and it is something I am thinking more of recently, so very apt indeed!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums