Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-02-2018, 08:57 PM
Knower

My practice of Kundalini yoga

My teacher in the lectures mentioned that Kundalini can be awakened by several practices:
1) The practice of serving the true guru or God.
2) Strong initiation (transfer of energy) from the great saint.
3) Certain technical practice.
Generally, in ordinary books on yoga there is information that Kundalini can awaken as a result of technical practice. But my teacher, as a rule, awakened the Kundalini from the students with the help of strong initiations or simultaneously gave the students a certain spiritual practice and transmitted energy. He also forced the students to accumulate merits in the practice of ministry and donations.
Many people (including me) at first treated this with great distrust. However, as a result of my own experience, I realized that this approach really helps to awaken the Kundalini.
To engage in the service of the Great Saints or God for many people seems a useless occupation. Many willingly attend seminars, do various technical practices, but only a few of them awaken the Kundalini - the first step to a truly serious spiritual practice. That is why so few people can "boast" of their experience of awakening Kundalini.
My teacher's students all happened the opposite. Pupils awakened Kundalini massively - at seminars, and simply during the distribution of leaflets on the streets. The usual phenomenon was the stories of the students about the experiments with Kundalini like frog bouncing (when a person practices in a sitting asana - padmasana or siddasana and unexpectedly from the technique he starts to throw up and he starts jumping in place by himself); or the experience of the zandal (when the energy opens the sahasrara-chakra and the nectar of immortality - amrita - starts to flow from there).
When I visited several seminars, I noticed that during the classes some people quivered (it seemed for no reason) or somehow quivered or even jumped up on the spot. And, it turned out, the cause of all these phenomena was the awakening of Kundalini.

As it was with me for the first time. Experience of joy

Once I was engaged in a certain service to my teacher. The work was given quite hard, but I enthusiastically immersed myself in it. Several days of my service have passed and, the enthusiasm began to gradually pass and, tired, I decided to sit and rest for a while. And then a strange feeling arose. As if my entire body was filled with ecstatic happiness, especially in the chest area. For this, there was nothing to do. The energy of happiness spread within me. This lasted for several minutes. Later, in the course of my practice, I immersed in this state hundreds of times. Especially often this happened when I was just concentrating on the teacher or trying my best to fulfill his tasks in the ministry (engaged in Bhakti Yoga).

Experience of full awakening

If someone really thinks that this is the whole experience, then this is not so. From such experience in a practical sense of little use. Experience of joy does not lead to a strong purification. It's just a pleasant, unusual experience, but the real practice begins when you stay this energy completely and learn how to often raise the Kundalini, and this, in turn, leads to a strong purification of energy channels and consciousness.
Once I practiced in the forest one technique from Tsygun. I did this technique and suddenly the energy rose strongly with cotton, and I was flung back a meter and a half ago. I lost consciousness for a while, and when I came to, I thought: "Wow! Cool! "Later, I learned how to raise it at will, several times a day. However, when she so heaved up the spine, I was usually thrown up, and energy with strong pulsation came through my hands. Usually strong ups were accompanied by loss of consciousness for 1-2 minutes. This went on for a year. But after a year I stopped fainting. Just began to appear as if another "I" (a third-party observer), who watched it calmly.
There was even a case when I raised energy, and I was heavily forwarded 4-5 meters ahead, hit the floor, strong pulsations continued for a while. The thing is that when the energy rises very high, the ascent does not end immediately, after the first ascent there are some kind of damped oscillations, it can rise and fall several times.

Strong karmic purification

One day a saint (one of the high disciples of my teacher) was initiating. Such initiation could be obtained only by monks, and I just became a monk. I was not in the top ten, receiving the transfer of energy from him. He charged juice and sweets for each of us. As soon as I ate the loaded food, I again had a state of joy for a few minutes. He also dedicated us to one secret mantra. Then I had little experience in chanting mantras, but I decided to practice diligently. And so, when I read it for a week, I noticed that my throat was sore. Then I did not attach any importance to this: "It will be a little painful and will pass away," I thought. However, the very next day I had such a severe sore throat that within 2 weeks I could not only eat, but even drink some water - it just caused a wild pain. The temperature was two weeks - 40. All my throat was in abscesses. It turned out, probably, half a glass of pus. Then, after these intense sufferings, I vowed not to accumulate any more karmas of slander and profanity.
After recovery, I again began my experiments to raise the Kundalini. This time, when I raised it strongly, the energy passed through my throat and easily rose to the top of my head. Now she began to hit the top of the head, and a feeling arose that I was hit with a small hammer on the top of my head (in fact, it was painful).
When this experience lasted for a week, I began to ask the teacher every day (about myself, mentally), sitting in front of the altar, so that he would help me. Then the guru was at a distance of several thousand kilometers, and I could not meet with him. And so, one day, the energy suddenly easily passed through the crown, breaking through a hole of a centimeter into three. I very well felt what width was the flow of energy. Gradually, during the practice, this channel expanded until energy began to flow from the head in a stream of 10-13 centimeters.
Gradually, from such energy practices, I got a lump on the top of my head, which turned into a large growth (in the place where the energy left my head).
In total for the practice I have strongly lifted Kundalini several thousand times, that has led to irreversible processes in an organism and consciousness.

Combating sexual desire

In fact, certain precepts are established for practitioners, and one of the precepts for monks is the rejection of sex. Since I had a fairly extensive sexual experience before entering monasticism, stopping this desire proved to be quite a difficult affair.
But when I awakened and began to use it to purify Kundalini, I noticed that my sexual interest began to gradually disappear until I disappeared completely after a few years. The fact is that while rising, Kundalini strongly sublimates worldly desires. I would say that the power of Kundalini is equal to the power of worldly desires. It is for those who have strong desires and energy that Kundalini awakens easily. And, conversely, who has weak energy initially, Kundalini is difficult to awaken. It is often said in spiritual practices that worldly desires are an illusion, but while in practice you will not understand this, it is almost impossible to abandon them.
As I practice, I noticed that many of my desires and aspirations (which were before practice) began to fade and disappear. Still, it can be said, the worldly desires during the raising of the Kundalini rose and disappeared, dissolved. I have experienced this many times. Sometimes after communicating with people, desires, different attachments, as well as anxiety, stress, anger, anger arose. But it was worth practicing for 2-3 hours, all this disappeared without a trace. Many people suffer from their various problems. Some are tormented by unrequited love. But for a serious practitioner, such problems are children's toys. There was love or sexual desire, went, practiced a strong
pranayama 2-3 hours - everything disappeared without a trace!

Experience nectar of immortality (amrita) and zandal

Even in esoteric literature, the teaching of the zandal is secret, but I would like many people to learn about this experience.
The first time I had a nectar experience, when my friend in the teachings (also a monk) gave me to listen to one initiation recorded on an audio cassette. I listened to her sitting at work for about an hour and now, when I was tired of sitting and getting up, I felt something flowing on my head and a few "drops" got me on the back of my hand. Then I could not believe that it was an experience of nectar. Subsequently, I almost every day received this experience, especially when I went to work in the mornings. Nectar began to drip drop by drop and for some reason it got to the Vishuddha-chakra (the area of ​​the lower cervical vertebrae). The sensation was as if a cool liquid falls inside my body and dissolves internal dirt.
In advanced practitioners, this process deepens, that is, the energy circulates when the nectar is completely drained, passing all over the front of the body lingering for a while in each of the chakras, and then the cool Kundalini again rises to the crown and a new cycle begins. Such cycles can be several and reach dozens of times, with a very strong immersion in the inner world, in a meditative state. External thoughts disappear completely, pain disappears, inconvenience and soul plunges into divine pleasure, while a very strong concentration develops, and then the sensation of the body disappears and the experience of samadhi begins. I pretty much gained most of this experience.
After about 10 years of practice, I started doing a special meditation on energy circulation (meditation of the zandal). A similar process began with me after several repetitions of the visualization from meditation. Then this process became more profound and full for me. There was often a stop of consciousness for several hours. I began to fall into a state of lightness and silence (this is part of the processes of Kundalini Yoga). This experience I began to arise after doing several intensive practices in my apartment in complete solitude for 8-10 hours a day. I did not go out and practiced like this for a month and a half. I conducted such practices every six months for 10 years. Every time I had to quit my job or beg.
The need for these practices was due to the fact that energy channels were terribly clogged from ordinary work and communication with ordinary people, and consciousness was in a deplorable state.
During one of these practices, I felt a slowdown, and then a stop of breathing.

The experience of reading the soul and understanding the energies of people

After several years of my practice, I began to somehow feel emotions, thoughts and moods of people, even if they were far from me. And if I was near a person, it was just an instantaneous reading of information, not only in its superficial consciousness, but also deeply in the subconscious. Yes, ordinary people's thoughts, I would say, are polluted with greed, hatred and ignorance.
Of course, this ability was especially strong when I was in a good energy state. It was then that I began to feel real horror after traveling to the Moscow metro. In places where large numbers of people are crowded, this descending energy, that I was just wondering how all these people are still land. Then I began to feel distinctly the karma of other people and my own. When you communicate with a person, there is a strong energy exchange and karma through energy easily flows to you. There is a clouding of consciousness and after a long conversation your wonderful meditative state is shattered. With this communication, sometimes I had a physical pain in my body, and immediately it became clear what problems and in what places are available to the interlocutor.
It was very difficult to communicate especially after intensive practices. Then I just shied away from people. I had to buy a car and avoid public transport. But in fact, only part of the problem was solved that way.

Light Experience

At a time when the Kundalini began to exit through the crown, gradually I began to see a pulsating silvery white light in front of my eyes. And I saw this light not only with my eyes closed, but also with the eyes open. Often it arose by itself, especially when my energy increased. These days (full moon, etc.) usually people feel strong stress. They have increased sexual desire, appetite, hate, etc. But for a practitioner of Kundalini Yoga, these days are days of advancement in practice, because it was on these days that I had the strongest energy rises, when Kundalini literally exploded inside the body, like explosives and just destroyed the clogs in the energy channels.
In one of the same days the energy somehow accumulated and with a strong clap opened the Ajna chakra. I began to see a bright silvery white light, not from time to time, but constantly. I literally began to dissolve in this silvery white light. Especially often it began to appear when I began to practice meditation of the zandal, and also when I practiced long practice alone.
Here I would like to say about the importance of keeping the commandments. If you do not keep the commandments in your daily life, commit adultery, tastily and eat a lot, attack others, swear, then all your life energy is spent on these useless things and does not sublimate. In this case, there can be no question of any practice of Kundalini-yoga.
I had several times when I stumbled and broke the commandment. After such incidents Kundalini did not rise for several days. And for a long time I had to restore my spiritual level.
What you have achieved with such great difficulty can be very quickly destroyed. Striving for profit, fame, receiving donations - all this can become a huge obstacle in practice. Ideally, a practitioner should not desire anything. Then he will be able to reach the final stage of practice.
If you conclude that when you have reached the stage of experience of light and zandal, then you need to retire from communicating with ordinary people and practice the monk somewhere in the Ashram, because it is the practice of spiritual practice that is the easiest for you at this stage .

Past life experience

When I had the experience of throwing the body from the energy of Kundalini, gradually I began to see very bright and colorful dreams. There were also vivid memories of past lives. I would like to tell you about one of my past lives.
One day, during the practice, a vivid vision arose that I hopped on a horse in a knight's armor over some forest with the same friends - knights. Apparently, we hunted for someone. When I concentrated, I realized that we, it turns out, are chasing after some peasant who was running away in terror from us. And we were amused with hoots ... The vision changed and I saw myself jumping off the horse. Appearance at me then was a little more attractive than in this life, I raised my hand with a sword and the powerful biceps of a warrior appeared. Now I understand my interest in youth to strive to have a beautiful, pumped up body (I've been doing bodybuilding for several years and achieved pretty good results).
I continue. Again the vision changed. I already fight with some knight in a match, such as a knight tournament, it turns out that I was a noble family, owned several castles and was an approximate king. And my good friend was a queen. And we were friends with the king.
So, we fought against the royal tent, which was on the dais. And I deceived my opponent with a deceitful blow of the dagger. Around came the roars of the retinue and the audience. It seems that the one I killed was also a nobleman. After a while, one of the knights threw my glove under my feet (the custom to call for a duel). I accepted the challenge, and we fiercely fought. But this time, luck turned from me, and I was suddenly killed. A friend ran up to me, who was following me then. Sobbing, she shouted something. The Queen also cried. Suddenly, in this story, an old woman appeared, she came close to me and said to the girl: "What are you crying? You'll meet again. "
And indeed, with the people I saw in that life, I met and closely communicated in this. After this vivid vision, I became aware of my interest in cold weapons and movies about the medieval life of knights, and simply the films about masterful possession of the sword.
I realized that our past lives leave a very strong imprint in the mind and affect our present life.

I could continue to describe my experiences, probably I could write whole memoirs.
In the end I would like to describe the experience of the development of padmasana and viparita-karani
I had serious problems with padmasana. In my youth I tore a bunch, doing karate, and so one foot did not want to go up to sit in the lotus. It took two years only to engage in asanas to prepare for padmasana and sit in siddasana for forty-five minutes - an hour every day. I had to endure unbearable pain. In general, while I got to a few hours of padmasana, I experienced so much pain ...
Of course, there was less suffering with the viparit-karani. In one of the teacher's books, I read that he was standing in the viparita-karani mudra for three hours every day for 6 months. I decided to repeat his experience.
Started with 45 minutes and within 2 months I gradually moved to three hours. I stood in it almost every day for 4-5 months. As a result, I completely cured the sore throat, which I suffered for a long time in my life. Now colds and sore throats never bother me. And also thanks to this technique, I developed a remarkable intuition. Yet there was an unusual experience. When, for example, I wanted to know the exact time, I saw a digital screen before my eyes, like an electronic clock, on which the exact time and correctness of the time I saw was confirmed many times.
Of course, the most remarkable ability of the vishuddha-chakra is to hear the voices of people at a great distance and hear the gods. I have, to some extent, mastered this ability.
Among other things, I have many times had moments of insights. For example, if there was some insoluble problem, then the solution came instantly on its own. Also, if some questions were not understood in the teaching, they unexpectedly cleared up in the most incredible way. There were many other experiences, but many years of practice have been forgotten.
My guru does not consider all these experiences in spiritual practice as enlightenment, and I also doubt it. I realized that perfection has no limit.
To all who want to learn more about spiritual practice, I can send wonderful books written by my Teacher. Send in the personal address of your mail.
I wish you all success on your spiritual path!

Oh yeah..I forgot to write.Request moderators edit the text and correct mistakes.Because English is not my mother tongue .I'm just learning.Good Luck To Everyone!
Old 25-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Knower

What does not anyone care about kundalini?
Old 25-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Lorelyen

To me it's Laya Yoga. I read about Kundalini on this forum but it seems a dilution of the original Tantric teachings (of which I'm basically familiar but have no deep knowledge).

I am not a Laya yoga person - it's hard work and needs lots of practice, and I took a different route. I have talked about it to local yoga teachers (who mostly run classes in Hatha Yoga) who are sometimes evasive, maybe because they have not tried to awaken Kundalini themselves. They claim to know people who have and advise caution; do the proper preparation because it can harm the minds of the unprepared.

I suspect you received no other responses yet because people here are unwilling to put in the real work behind Laya Yoga. It requires attention to just about everything of one's lifestyle from diet to how you sleep! And a lot of study to understand the concepts (usually transliterated from the Sanskrit) even if some of those concepts are common to all spiritual paths.

Hopefully some members will take your offer.
Old 25-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
To me it's Laya Yoga. I read about Kundalini on this forum but it seems a dilution of the original Tantric teachings (of which I'm basically familiar but have no deep knowledge).

I am not a Laya yoga person - it's hard work and needs lots of practice, and I took a different route. I have talked about it to local yoga teachers (who mostly run classes in Hatha Yoga) who are sometimes evasive, maybe because they have not tried to awaken Kundalini themselves. They claim to know people who have and advise caution; do the proper preparation because it can harm the minds of the unprepared.

I suspect you received no other responses yet because people here are unwilling to put in the real work behind Laya Yoga. It requires attention to just about everything of one's lifestyle from diet to how you sleep! And a lot of study to understand the concepts (usually transliterated from the Sanskrit) even if some of those concepts are common to all spiritual paths.

Hopefully some members will take your offer.
As you know, I am a 'Laya Yoga person' (samaya school)...I've discussed these issues already with the OP extensively, however I found that I was only being baited into critical disagreement over technical issues on matters of Tantra and so I gave up.

The OP also seems obsessed with Siddhis (psychic powers), demonic entities in lower astral realms he somehow 'associates' with the chakras and he has his own philosophy on these matters that I was neither taught and nor can I understand it. He is only looking for people to post about this, so he can preach and indoctrinate others into his own guru's school...like a spider casting a web to catch the wayward, naive fly.

This is why nobody is responding, although quite a few of us are interested in it and do have personal experiences with Kundalini.

However, the majority of us 'kundalini folk' don't seem to be around much right now to give an answer...the whole 'Shakti Troupe' includes myself, 'dryad', 'barrynu', 'running', 'phoenix nine' and 'django'.

In conclusion, the hallmark of such an awakening or experience is incredible bliss, love, peace and wisdom...not being able to levitate cars, read people's minds whilst being pompous, self-righteous and preaching to others...and as yet, I haven't noticed the OP say anything about the bliss, incredible love, humility, feeling close to a divine source...it's all very cold and clinical in regards and this is why I totally back off and shy away now.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Lorelyen

Thank you, Shivani Devi, for putting that one to rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is why nobody is responding, although quite a few of us are interested in it and do have personal experiences with Kundalini.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Master
Snake oil for sale - roll up ladies & gentleman - its electrophonic properties will realign your spiritual heart brain!

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 25-02-2018, 03:56 PM
Master
Well....if I have to give up sex to experience this......sorry but I'll just have to remain
un-kundalini'ed.....not interested!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 25-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Master

All yoga is tantric, the same way a tree grows from a seed. Kundalini simply said is your energy flowing as it is supposed to, you following your own nature, being the way you are. Any physical states are irrelevant, what matters is the flow of your energy. If sex blocks it, don't. If sex elevates it, please continue
Old 25-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I am not a Laya yoga person - it's hard work and needs lots of practice, and I took a different route. I have talked about it to local yoga teachers (who mostly run classes in Hatha Yoga) who are sometimes evasive, maybe because they have not tried to awaken Kundalini themselves.

is laya harder work than hatha... yikes!
Old 25-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Master

Hi Nitiananda

Thank you for sharing some of your experiences. Very interesting, and I admire your dedication and discipline.

I am interested to know more about your teacher. I am currently reading "Kundalini, The Master and the Disciple" by Kiu Eckstein, describing his experiences under the guidance of Swami Chandrashekharanand Saraswati, which goes into Kundalini Yoga in great detail. He also points out that many people experience bodily sensations which they mistakenly call a kundalini awakening when these are in fact just the movement of kriyas within the body. Your experiences sound much more genuine.

Peace.