Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Pathfinder
Knowing Jesus

What has been your personal experiences with talking /communicating/or praying to Jesus? Have you ever received any visions, revelations, or felt like you truly heard from him? It seems the more I hear people talk about Jesus, its always arguments. People arguing about what did he look like, what did this and that mean, where was he in his "lost" years, etc, etc.

While I believe its good to question things, I still think it can go overboard. Some things we are never going to know, and we are missing the point. For once, it would be nice to hear from people who are actually interested in knowing him on the spiritual level.

Note: I am only interested in hearing from people who actually believe in getting to know Jesus and who have had positive experiences. No negative junk here please. Thank you.
Old 22-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluefaerie
What has been your personal experiences with talking /communicating/or praying to Jesus? Have you ever received any visions, revelations, or felt like you truly heard from him? It seems the more I hear people talk about Jesus, its always arguments. People arguing about what did he look like, what did this and that mean, where was he in his "lost" years, etc, etc.

While I believe its good to question things, I still think it can go overboard. Some things we are never going to know, and we are missing the point. For once, it would be nice to hear from people who are actually interested in knowing him on the spiritual level.

Note: I am only interested in hearing from people who actually believe in getting to know Jesus and who have had positive experiences. No negative junk here please. Thank you.

Do you know Jesus ?
Old 22-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Hi icebluefaerie. The way you word this makes it seem there is only one approach to this topic. Whereas I'm going to suggest that people are never going to know specifically because they envision Jesus as the Biblical individual that religion teaches.

Past that, yes, pray to whomever you choose to believe in. But that's a whole other thing than suggesting that everyone else is missing the point by not praying. There is much more to it than that. And I understand you have no interest in that dialogue, so I will leave it there.
Old 22-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Ascender
Well I think its a great idea for a discussion.
Usually I won't post any thoughts in this section of the forum, it seems you only have to utter a syllable around here and somebody's weighing in for a verbal punch up. Christians can get too drunk on "the Blood of Christ" thing, and before you know it, claret everywhere.

So yes indeed, Less junk, more Christianity!
Old 22-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Master
"Compassion".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Newbie ;)

I have never felt close to Jesus. My mother is a Christian for many years and has always forced me to go to the church. She has also talked in a very negative way about other religions.

At the worst periods in my life, I tried to pray to Jesus. I felt no presence.

However, in the last years I received some dreams from him. The last one was on september 2016.

Nonetheless, I still respect the faith of Christians because faith is a very strong and important aspect of our existence. I also read many Christian books although I don't necessarily like the end: everyone becomes a Christian.
Old 24-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Knower

Jesus is this: Colossians 1:15-17

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

In other words, you as a perfect copy. You are his body returned from the grave in baptism, or born again into life. YOU. Praying to him is communing with his Spirit, which is your own. We are all doing this one way communication. The Sanskrit word for man is MANU, or the meaning: To Think. Listening is light, or enlightenment. Light cannot be seen with the eyes, but only the ears. Look between you and the nearest objects around you. Do you see the light, or what it hits? When it hits you inisde, this is hearing and seeing the Spirit. That light is you, or you would not recognize it. You see and hear it each day, receiving a residual image of it internally each moment. You just don't recognize what you are receiving.

Light has no opposite other than itself, so the entire world around you is you. Just as the verses state, it's you. It's me. It's all of us and everything. ALL means ALL.

Learning about you is the relative state of existence to see the whole from the parts. You are all of this, as well as all your ancestors. All. Enlightenment is not from prayer alone, which is you speaking, but also from meditation, which is you thinking and listening. Do not expect words and letters to speak.

There are 10 directions. You know 9, but miss the one you might fail to see. North, South, East, West, Past, Present, Future, Above and Below. What is the ONLY direction to show you who you are?

INSIDE. Meditation, in the traditional sense, is called practice. Life is that practice and you are MANU, the one thinking. When you practice this inside (meditation in the sitting position), you shine the light back to your higher self, thereby waking it up to the connection you have with it. BUDH in Sanskirt means waking up, or awakened. Enlightenment is shining the light at the light, causing faith (the flame) to ignite. Who do you meet? Who do you pray to? Who is on the other end of the phone?

Yahweh said he was one. What does this mean in relation to the verses above? What does this mean to you below? Seek all directions, but make sure to look inside. It's the only place you will find you.
Old 29-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Hello. First off, super excellent quote, icebluefaerie, my friend!

When I first began reading the Bible for myself, sometime in my teenage years, and then again a little later, after a suicide attempt at 18, I was very much drawn to the loving sense of authority that I felt as I connected with the Christ essence in Jesus. For me it was very powerful and very positive, even as I didn't take everything that was accredited to Jesus as his actual literal teaching, I felt a strong, benevolent sense of Divine Authority that resonated with me (which I eventually came to realize was my own expression of benevolence).

Age 18 and onward has been a very strong period of seeking Divine Truth, much of it inwardly-pointing, and this inner fire still burns brightly today, although more in a sense of, "I AM Divine Fire." (Hence the Red Upward-pointing triangle in my avatar image.)

For the record, I read the intent of your heart behind the words on the screen that you typed, and I resonated with it, and am happy to offer some of my personal history/perspective.

Blessings

And now I shall hush...
Old 29-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks so much awareness, that was very beautiful. I would love to talk more and glad that my words resonated with you
Old 29-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thanks so much awareness, that was very beautiful. I would love to talk more and glad that my words resonated with you

You are very welcome; thank you for opening the space for me to share that information, and for your great kindness. I would be happy and honored to share more, when inspired to do so, my friend. Enjoy the remainder of your day, I wish you & all.