Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Knower

Benitiote

I'm considering buying a piece of this crystal, from what I've read but it's a very high vibration crystal. It has it's origins with the Native Americans who used it for both mystical and psychological(?) purposes. It's not cheap but I've been quite intrigued from what I've read about it. You can a get a little piece from crystal age but I did look on Amazon.uk and there are cluster specimens for sale but most are over £100.00. Like to keep one by my bedside but it would be nice to have a small piece to carry around with me where I go, because it's also good for confidence. I'd love to hear if someone on here has used it or owns a piece...
Old 06-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Right now there is a Gemmy Benitoite crystal cluster on matrix for $34.99 US on eBay.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Knower

Thanks for your reply EvaMoon. I'm based in the UK but I do have a Paypal account so I might be interested. Is it a fairly big crystal cluster? I have seen Benitiote on Natrolite crystal clusters and they look tempting. I know Crystal Age sells tiny pieces of it for £10.00.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by etheric-imprinted_72
Thanks for your reply EvaMoon. I'm based in the UK but I do have a Paypal account so I might be interested. Is it a fairly big crystal cluster? I have seen Benitiote on Natrolite crystal clusters and they look tempting. I know Crystal Age sells tiny pieces of it for £10.00.

It's better to take the crystal from the trusted seller, even tiny and not so "shiny". At least, you don't have to think about - is it fake, treated or something else... Benitoite is overpriced for us, rock people, simply because it's so rare and popular for the most expensive jewelry today.
Whenever I feel drawn to some crystal and I can afford it, I don't think just take it. It happens that they stay aside for a long time, and eventually, something comes up and just then I can see why I really needed them.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Knower

Thanks for your reply Errol. Wise words.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Master
Interesting stone, had never heard of it!
I just read that the mine has been closed for a long time, so it's very rare.
So I'm guessing that if it's gemmy and shiny, chances are very high it's a fake (glass).
If it's that rare, a gemstone quality would likely be unaffordable for the average Joe.

I read it has formed in cracks of serpentine and was found in an area that used to be part of ancient Lemuria. No wonder it has such high energy!
Not the prettiest stone in the world, but I am going to check it out next time I go crystal shopping!

I hope you find yours!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Knower

'Not the prettiest stone in the world.'

I have seen a couple of clusters (well, three in fact) where the color of the gemstone was spectacular. Deep azure blue in color but this one was cost over £300.00. These were a mix of Benitoite growing on Natrolite, another high vibrational crystal. I found them on Amazon.uk. Here's a 'gemmy' example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Benitoite-N...e+on+natrolite
Old 08-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by etheric-imprinted_72
'Not the prettiest stone in the world.'

I have seen a couple of clusters (well, three in fact) where the color of the gemstone was spectacular. Deep azure blue in color but this one was cost over £300.00. These were a mix of Benitoite growing on Natrolite, another high vibrational crystal. I found them on Amazon.uk. Here's a 'gemmy' example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Benitoite-N...e+on+natrolite
Yes, the gemstone quality looks good, but like with emerald, ruby etc. the affordable variety looks a lot different.
And in this case it's just not the prettiest stone in the world
These are some tumbled ones. I think I'd walk right past them in the shop unless i'd be specifically looking for them... (a link, photo is too large for the board)
http://www.lichtpuntjekristallen.nl/.../benitoiet.jpg
Old 09-07-2017, 05:12 AM
Knower

Ah, yes those look like the ones that Crystal Age sell but they aren't nowhere near as big as that, lol. It's funny as they all seem to have that funny triangular-like shape. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:44 AM
Experiencer
$ 349 pounds for a 2.3 cm specimen ! Yikes ! I almost needed a diaper for a second !

Are you sure you don't want a blue fluorite or maybe some azurite ? These you could get a 10 or 20 LBS specimen for the same price. ( or maybe similar size for $ 3. ) I will admit it's a nice looking crystal.