Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-04-2017, 05:43 PM
FrankieJG

Why do I dislike my mom? Could it be due to a past life connection?

I know this is very wrong.I do love her but still there are so many things I dislike in her which I don't know how to explain. I have felt this way from my childhood days. I have heard that enemies incarnate as family members/dear ones. Could that be the reason here? Or am I simply a bad daughter.?
I fear that I feel like I am doing a sin.
Old 17-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Experiencer
Dear Frankie, no you're not a bad daughter, and you're mom is not a bad mother, probably from the sound of you. It is totally ok not to like someone. You can still love everyone, but not really like them. I'm sure you're connected on a soul level as you are part of one soul family and had shared past lives together. It could be there's some unresolved karma there too. Where you don't connect is through ego. Maybe you're just on different stages. It's totally ok to decide not to follow each other if you don't look in the same direction most of the time. But of course you'll be there for each other when needed. Please don't feel guilt and fear because that is actually making it worse. By choosing to follow your own way, you're helping family members to thrive too, by being honest. It is very likely energies will get balanced with time and you're all get together well one day and learn to accept eachother. Until then, be grateful for this gift of life and enjoy it. Blessings.
Old 17-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
I know this is very wrong.I do love her but still there are so many things I dislike in her which I don't know how to explain. I have felt this way from my childhood days. I have heard that enemies incarnate as family members/dear ones. Could that be the reason here? Or am I simply a bad daughter.?
I recommend you get in an altered state of consciousness, and ask "Why do I dislike my mom?"!

From what I heard, in most cases parents and children are not from the same soul group, although in my case it seems that my parents and I belong to the same one.
Old 17-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith
... by being honest ...
I believe in "it's better to be nice than honest" :) It's more unlikely to be proven wrong.
Old 17-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Experiencer
It could be past life, it could be this life, it could be anything.
You don't like her and have reason for her. Problem with mum is, that you two are deeply connected and she would sure like you to feel as a sin when you are talking and thinking against her, but it is not.
Try some meditations in areas that she is not present and has no power upon you and ask questions into this direction and maybe start building your life into direction that sooner or later you will get rid of her and live on your own.

Honesty doesn't work always, depends what is your mother dealing with. I lived with my for 25 years and still can say that i don't know much about her.
Old 17-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
I believe in "it's better to be nice than honest" :) It's more unlikely to be proven wrong.

You can be both :)
Old 18-04-2017, 01:08 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

Oh no, your not a bad daughter or person. Moms can be a pain in the butt, I know, I am one : ) I think it's very normal what your feeling, its okay to even feel like you hate her and that wouldn't make you a bad person. You could be holding on to old stored emotional energy from you child hood that you haven't dealt with or kept suppressed. Suppressed emotion from the times they disciplined you or made descions for you that weren't your choice ( or choices you thought weren't fair) . Parents can be very over protective and sometimes controlling. For many of us, there is a lot of fear in parenting. We watched you all grow from these tiny little helpless creatures and there was a lot of responsibility and fear in that. Many parents do need to learn to step back and let their children grow independently, but hey, its all a learning curve. I dont think there is a perfect parenting model. As a mom I think my favorite word is " No no no and NO!!" LOL. Really, children just want to be free spirits and parents do a good job molding them. But hey, we are all human and learning..
Point in short, your not at fault if you feel resentment and anger from your Mother. When those emotions arise, maybe journal your feelings or maybe even establish a heart to heart talk with her and let her know how you feel, or how she made you feel. Chances are, you need to heal some wounds..
Old 18-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Oh no, your not a bad daughter or person. Moms can be a pain in the butt, I know, I am one : ) ...
I think that we don't have enough information about the OP, her mother, and their relationship to make even a ballpark judgement about who's good, and who's "less good".
Old 18-04-2017, 01:31 AM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
I think that we don't have enough information about the OP, her mother, and their relationship to make even a ballpark judgement about who's good, and who's "less good".

What is OP?
Old 18-04-2017, 01:45 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
What is OP?
OP = Original Poster