Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Knower

Secondhand Crystals

A few weeks ago I was browsing around my nearest indoor market and came across a secondhand bric-a-brac (or whatever you call it) stall and bought a larger-than-normal tumblestone of Red Jasper and purple-green Fluorite palmstone. Recently I've wondered if secondhand crystals have the benefit of added energy in regards to their previous owners?
Anyone here like to validate my theory, or is it just my imagination?
Old 03-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Ascender
I would cleanse it thoroughly if it was me... And me being me id do it again just to be sure lol. Nothing beats your own energy :) BUT I would feel a crystal that I got from somewhere random was extra special! If you go to a crystal shop it's not exactly uncommon to find a crystal you like... But the person chose that day to get rid of theirs, they could have done it in many other ways, on many different days but it was when you was both going to the same place etc etc... So you could say they was meant to be with you for whatever reason. I feel that any crystal you personally feel is special is most definitely special if that makes sense
Old 03-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by etheric-imprinted_72
A few weeks ago I was browsing around my nearest indoor market and came across a secondhand bric-a-brac (or whatever you call it) stall and bought a larger-than-normal tumblestone of Red Jasper and purple-green Fluorite palmstone. Recently I've wondered if secondhand crystals have the benefit of added energy in regards to their previous owners?
Anyone here like to validate my theory, or is it just my imagination?
I wouldn't recommend to use secondhand crystals. You can never be sure what kind of energy they have. Even if you cleanse them completely, crystals can change physical structure and color, too.
They can go from generation to generation, but not from owner you don't know anything about.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Seeker

I would just go with my instinct, whether it is 'new' or 'secondhand' If the crystals appeal to you, then go for it. I tend to ask my pendulum as well, to help me make the right decision. To use the 'Konmari' phrase, if an item (in this case crystal) 'sparks joy' then you should buy it/keep it. Seems to work OK for me.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Knower

Ok thanks for your interesting replies people. I don't think I intend to buy many crystal/gemstones secondhand anyway but I think my theory was that if any crystal/gemstone that was secondhand would possess 'residual' energy/vibrations that would (perhaps) 'amplify' it's usefulness.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:18 AM
Experiencer
Personally I see nothing wrong with second hand crystals. It's not like a car that deteriorates after a while, and won't wear any more like second hand sweaters.

If you like it and it's a good deal than jump on it. If you're really worried you can also clean them. ( clean or cleanse, both are good to do )
Old 04-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Master
I would cleanse it thoroughly. You can say during or at the beginning of the cleansing "Let go of anything that doesn't serve you (anymore) nor me."
That way you allow anything good to remain in the crystal.
Cos yes, it can also be favorable, for instance if the previous owner was very loving and caring or if they had an otherwise very high vibration through which the crystal could develop further and get opened and activated to a higher level.
But you should really cleanse it, just in case there are any dense(r) energies. Plus, the personal energy of the previous owner can be cleansed. If you say the above, you will basically get it right. What does serve you and the crystal remains, the rest will go.
Do a thorough cleansing though, and simply rinsing it off is not enough. Go for some 12-24 hrs in soil (NOT potting soil --> too acid), 12-24 hrs in water (refresh often if there's bubbles appearing), then quickly move it through the flame of a candle (do NOT hold it in there) or incense.
Then you've had all the elements, earth, water, fire, air. Allow it to charge in sunlight/daylight or full moon's light.

Another way is to visualize a filter of very fine strainer made from the Violet Flame. Use it to energetically filter the crystal. Visualize moving the filter/strainer through it, collecting and removing any dense energies. Do this from different direction to get it all.
Also a pretty thorough method if you are a good visualizer.
But I'd go for the first method, trust Mother Earth and the elements :)
Old 06-09-2016, 04:07 AM
Guide
Aren't all crystals second-hand, though? I mean, unless you dig them up yourself :p Honestly, if you hold it and focus on your energy, and don't feel anything negative attached or like it was used improperly, then I'd think it was fine. Especially if you feel like it's meant to be with you...finding crystals where you don't expect them to be found is kind of like a call to you!

FairyCrystal offered some great cleansing tips, but the main thing to remember (and for all new crystals) is to definitely clean them and reset their energies :)
Old 06-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Experiencer
Exactly right Taurmel, I was actually thinking that myself. You have to dig them yourself if you want a 1st hand crystal. ( personally not worth the effort to me when there are thousands upon thousands on ebay )
Old 06-09-2016, 05:23 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Exactly right Taurmel, I was actually thinking that myself. You have to dig them yourself if you want a 1st hand crystal. ( personally not worth the effort to me when there are thousands upon thousands on ebay )

Especially the size of crystals you're attracted to!!