Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Knower
Sahaja yoga meditation

Hey guys
Any inputs on Sahahjayoga mediation?
I have been trying to join a group for collective medition(physically) and the only group that does exist in my reachable diameter Is that of a Sahara yoga, So I was wondering if I could hear from someone on thee forums about pros cons of this type of mediation whether it is recommendable or not.

thanks for voicing out your opinions
regards
Old 27-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Knower
I saw a typo in the title which i somehow cannot edit...it should read
SAHAJA YOGA
Old 29-08-2016, 09:38 PM
It doesn't look like anyone has heard of it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Knower
Yes looks like..anyway I will experience it myself and see.
thanks for the post.
Old 31-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Master

Ive had a couple of interesting experiences with this, I'll message you about it as I dont wish to post publically about it.
Old 31-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Master

actually I just changed my mind and decided I will say what I experienced about Sahaja Yoga publically.

I do not like saying negative things about groups or gurus which seem to possibly have powers (that's kind of asking for trouble) so that's why I was only going to privately share before as Im worried about being physically attacked as I once was attacked by a group but I've now decided I'll share and let people here make up their own minds about what I experienced. Its very strange.

I first come across these at a mind, body, psychic expo in which they'd did a clearing/healing on a person and from that as I could feel the energy coming out of my crown after better so I decided to go to their classes to learn more about them and their methods as being a healer Im interested in all different forms of healing and theirs was different to other energy forms that I'd previously learnt or experienced.

It was immediately after their kundalini meditation that I experienced astral spiders everywhere through their room as like real physical things, it was hard to tell the difference between these and physical ones. I actually picked one up as if it was physical with my hand. This is the only time Ive ever been able to pick up an astral thing with my physical body (so their kundalini meditation I think was opening up my gifts).

It was a bit off putting to me that they werent at all aware that the room had ended up infested with astral parasites even if these may of been the result of the meditation causing stuff to clear out of people there or maybe there was just something wrong with the energy of this group, I dont know. These spiders everywhere through their room did not come out of me.

I kept going to their classes though as I was interested in their beliefs about the charkas, how the chakras related to the hand and how they raised their kundalini.

Another thing I didnt like about this group is there from what i could tell they were basically guru worshiping too. (we had to watch a film about their master and I couldnt really see anything special about her). Now that could of lead to the following of what I experienced at the next meeting which really scared me. (I was waiting to learn their techniques but had no interest in their guru).

We were in a very small space and they were talking about stuff and I was in my thoughts down on their guru, negative thoughts about her (I dislike guru worshiping and i was just wondering if she'd conned them all into thinking she was a great Master they believed she was) and then suddenly while im having these thoughts, this BIG blown up photo of their guru which was on the wall, actually jumped from the wall and came at me . It almost hit me. It actually travelled at 2-3 metres out from the wall directly aiming at me as it fell. A heavy picture in large wooden frame. From this I came to the conclusion that there guru didnt like me there!!!, there is no way that photo could of naturally done what it did. So I think she tried to hit me with her picture. I think she may of been angry at me.

I left the group and never went back after that.

if anyone from this group is here, I dont want to debate my experience of it with you, there is nothing to debate, Im just sharing what I experienced. thanks

With this all being said, if you are drawn to this.. go for it but do realise this group to me came across as a bit like a cult so beware! but they have some interesting things to show if you go there for a short time eg their kundalini meditation I do think was bringing some shifts to me. (I had wondered if she could be a little dark in some way. I feel confused over her. I didnt meet her at all but just when watching her on film etc. To me she wasnt feeling right... but then maybe she was just the wrong master for me.

I think it may of been this group which taught me that certain Deities reside over certain chakras as they awaken, info which proved interesting as I'd had an experience with Ganesha while doing a kundalini meditation one time before learning stuff from this group and they taught he resided over the base chakra and said that one may see these deities as your kundalini reaches certain levels.
Old 31-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Wow, what an experience!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-09-2016, 12:57 AM
Master
Sea-dove that's a terrible and creepy experience!

Reminded me of a cleansing seminar I went to years ago with horrid experiences...I had issues with 'bugs' and spiders that weren't real. I thought I was losing my mind.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Ascender

I attended a sahaja yoga group a few years ago and realised there was no yoga practice just gentle meditation and some lovely affirmations.It is free to attend too which is part of their philosophy with free tea and biscuits and a chat at the end of the class

The people in charge of the group were really lovely people and explained all about the chakras and energy system.They had a small picture of their founder in the room so they do look up to her but they didnt worship her.

There are probably thousands of sahaja yoga groups around the world with different people running the groups so I think the teachings will all be the same but the people in charge and their energies will be different.

So i say,Go and try it out for yourself and I think you will be pleasantly surprised........oh and dont bring a yoga mat.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Knower
thanks everyone for the posts.
i did go to the group last wednesday and just as Seadove mentions it was kind of guru cult and this put me off. the people conducting the class were very nice people and the chakra stuff was very interesting but worshiping their founder is not my thing.

So I would say....not for me.